Where are the Vols currently at with scholarship numbers?

rocky200663

Just wondering where the Vols are at with scholarship numbers and how many transfers can the Vols take this summer?

We signed 17, got 5 transfers but I don't know if we gave the kicker a scholarship. That leaves us with 4 new offers left to use if I calculate correctly with the hard 25 limit. I don't know about overall, but I don't think we have anywhere close to 85 total. I would guess after the 20 or so transfers (no exaggeration) we have as much room as we need for recruiting.

We signed 17, got 5 transfers but I don't know if we gave the kicker a scholarship. That leaves us with 4 new offers left to use if I calculate correctly with the hard 25 limit. I don't know about overall, but I don't think we have anywhere close to 85 total. I would guess after the 20 or so transfers (no exaggeration) we have as much room as we need for recruiting.
You are assuming no back counts. I believe I saw that LWSVOL indicated there were some.

the number is 81.. that includes the 5 transfers that have arrived or committed.

There will be additional players going into the transfer portal so the roster number remains dynamic.
2020 seniors do not count against 85 though.

2020 seniors do not count against 85 though.

I'm just counting the number of scholarship players on the roster.. that is what is important, scholarship bodies for 2021. there are plenty. 13 are seniors including the 3 who transferred in.

they will need a lot of attrition from underclassmen on the 21 roster to get close to a signing class of 25 in 2022. A full class jumps roster to 93.

I'm not factoring NCAA sanctions since there is no idea when those may occur or how impactful they will be.

Anybody know how many are left that we can take ..I see Shamburger entered back into the Portal .. probably was told too .. if we have spots left ..I think we need corner help and possibly OLB or ILB ... thoughts ??? Any of anyone knows how many we can still take .. please reply ...

Anybody know how many are left that we can take ..I see Shamburger entered back into the Portal .. probably was told too .. if we have spots left ..I think we need corner help and possibly OLB or ILB ... thoughts ??? Any of anyone knows how many we can still take .. please reply ...

I don't know if we have any back counts or if they want to forward count anyone, but out of the 25 scholarships we have for 2021, we have signed 16 incoming freshmen and 7 transfer students. Also, Isaac Washington went into the transfer portal and since he had enrolled in school already, we don't get that scholarship back. By my count, that is 24 of the 25 scholarships taken, leaving one more for the 2021 Class.

Reactions: Vol Main
Man it’s going to be hard to get caught up with the hard 25 rule. I was thinking today how much this transition is like Dooley to Butch in terms of roster. Dooley murdered the roster and Butch was able to have those huge classes in his first two years to help get it back up to snuff.

Man it’s going to be hard to get caught up with the hard 25 rule. I was thinking today how much this transition is like Dooley to Butch in terms of roster. Dooley murdered the roster and Butch was able to have those huge classes in his first two years to help get it back up to snuff.

By the time sanctions are handed down, the hard 25 rule will not be of much concern. For how long, who knows?

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear

VN Store

Back