Where are our fans?

I can be there Sunday if we get there but where is everyone else? No home court.
We had a good crowd considering it was on Kentucky's ticket. Their folks have long standing plans to be free this weekend every year. Even when we're good (and we're not often bad these days) we are terrible in the tournament, so it's never worth planning to go every year.

I watch game muted I don't know what crowd sounded like...…...…………………..GO VOLS

Oh yeah, thanks soooo much Bridgestone Arena staff and Nashville in general for making the fricking Kentucky blue everything everywhere theme. Yeah I love love the Preds, but they are dark blue as I recall..... right? Not when I looked anywhere tonight. And you wonder why we don’t like Nashville.

Who's this "we," Kemo Sahbee? Nashville is Big Orange Country. The new billboards around town say so!

25% is still way more than I expected. I thought one side of the lower arena was mostly orange with little blue.

It's going to be interesting what it looks like today. It appeared to me a lot tennessee fans moved down into empty seats last night

Won't be any empties today

Who cares? The only people I hope shows up is our team.

Exactly. I roll my eyes when I see fans sitting at a computer complaining that there aren't enough orange fannies in the seats or that they aren't loud enough. And they always have an excuse for not being there themselves. It takes money to make a weekend out of things during the SECT unless you live close by. Travel, lodging, meals, tickets, misc. Of course, the complainers don't consider any of that. Just that we suck as a fan base for not doing enough.

Hell, UK is in this position every year. UK folks plan their entire schedule around hoops. UT is rarely in the discussion. We've not won the SECT in what...40 years? We have great fans. Kudos to them for making the trip and committing the money to it.

It's going to be interesting what it looks like today. It appeared to me a lot tennessee fans moved down into empty seats last night

Won't be any empties today
I think your 80/20 prediction will be about right. In the hotel I’m staying at I went down to breakfast and it was a sea of blue. Only one other Vol fan. But most UT fans will probably just be making the drive and didn’t stay in hotels.

I’m at home in Fort Worth. My neighbors probably wonder what the cheering is about. I scared the dog when Admiral had the big slam.

That dunk happened 20’ away from me and was awesome! Luckily my salesman bought tickets for my wife and I, after some of the Ky fans left we went and sat on the first row.

On a side note there was a lot of Ky fans there but I did not know how much they hated us. After their game, which I watched in silence to save my voice, they did nothing but bash Tn and talk crap the whole game at both places I sat. Every call was in favor of Tn, they just want us to win, we are trash, etc.

That dunk happened 20’ away from me and was awesome! Luckily my salesman bought tickets for my wife and I, after some of the Ky fans left we went and sat on the first row.

On a side note there was a lot of Ky fans there but I did not know how much they hated us. After their game, which I watched in silence to save my voice, they did nothing but bash Tn and talk crap the whole game at both places I sat. Every call was in favor of Tn, they just want us to win, we are trash, etc.

Trust me their hate is waaay under my hate.
In fact I found more sympathy tor Bin Laden when his compound was raided than I would if the inbreds had their double wide meth labs raided by the Feds.

Reactions: MDVols
Having not been to an SEC tourney since one of the early resurrected ones in Birmingham -- I forget which year but 1979, 80 or 81 -- can someone please tell me how the tickets are sold to the tournament? Are tickets to the tourney sold as a "book" (with all games included)? Could Kentucky fans exiting the arena after they beat Alabama (it appeared that most of them left) not have sold tickets to the Tenn-Miss State game to fans on the street?

Having not been to an SEC tourney since one of the early resurrected ones in Birmingham -- I forget which year but 1979, 80 or 81 -- can someone please tell me how the tickets are sold to the tournament? Are tickets to the tourney sold as a "book" (with all games included)? Could Kentucky fans exiting the arena after they beat Alabama (it appeared that most of them left) not have sold tickets to the Tenn-Miss State game to fans on the street?

No

I really don't know why this conversation happens every year; everyone who's followed SEC baseketball for good while knows the SEC Tournament is the UK and Friends Tournament. UK fans treat this like their yearly mecca. And if you're thinking it's going to change, think again.

We could win the national title this year and make the next 3 Final Fours, and the year after UK fans would still be at least 70% of the crowd at the SECT.

Nashville, St. Louis, Birmingham, Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, it doesn't matter where. They could have the SECT in Juno, Alaska and they'd buy up the tickets.
And you see them in the stands even on days when Kentucky isn't playing. They just have a passion for the sport, I guess. It's a fabric of their culture - truly the only SEC school that has that.

VN Store

Back