Where are all the posters who complained when Dave Hart hired Rick Barnes as our basketball coach?

Why bring this up in the first place? I don’t get it. He’s here and is having success....why rub someone’s nose in it? Especially fellow Vol fans.
We’ve been through a lot, so I think rather than throwing poop at each other, have a little grace and just enjoy the fact that we have a solid b-ball coach and once in a lifetime team.
Because there was no let up when THEY were being tiresome. Turnabout fair play thing.

I wonder how many of those basketball posters who complain about Dave Hart hiring Barns as our basketball coach have changed their minds. I thought he was a good hire at the time and think we really lucked out to get him here. Thanks to Texas for firing him and Hart for getting him.
All I can say about that is the Championship is going dunk, get the f@c$ up out the way you. All we do at Tennessee is win win win win, for Rocky Top

I think Barnes is the same coach now as he was then. We all evolve and hopefully change for the better as Father Time marches on. As far as the statement that he "completely changed" vs. what he was at Texas is a curious claim.

He's not the same and he is the first to tell you that. Along with his change as a person (which started at Texas), he completely changed his philosophy on a program.

He changed his recruiting profile- He got away from recruiting NBA one and done players. He localized his recruiting to the South, focused on well-rounded players that might have a flaw or two instead of taking the high profile athletes, and also players that would be monsters in the weight room.

He delegated more- He lets his assistants do almost all of the gameplan work and the scouting on opponents and let them have more input on offense and defensive in game changes. He also lets his assistants do a lot of work on the recruiting trail.

He focuses more on what he is best at- He has spent a lot of time doing what he is great at, which is player development. To go with point #2, he lets his assistants do more of the game planning and he focuses on working with the individual players and their skills, starting with changing Kevin Punter's jumpshot personally to Jordan Bone's development.

He changed his offense- He went from a spread pick and roll offense to a motion offense with post principles. They shoot more 3's and they push the pace more than at Texas.

I'm glad Barnes got the chance to lead our team and don't care who was right or wrong. GBO, Number 1 tomorrow!

Here. Thought it was a questionable hire at the time. Glad to of been wrong.

Where are they now?
Most are probably very glad they were wrong! At least if they are true Vol fans.

VN Store

Back