Where are all the Chryst followers tonight

Forget that football is a team game. This is the dumbest statement I see people make. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but he's not a great QB. Alabama has repeatedly had game managing quarterbacks that don't make it in the NFL. But by your logic, they're great, right?

Oversimplifying things like this is how we all know you don't get it.
They are wearing a national title ring my friend. You know you are talking to someone that was a QB in college, right? Did you play QB? So I can evaluate the play of a QB a lot better than most on this forum. The problem is someone with your logic. The entire game falls on the shoulders of the QB. Win or lose. That’s why they are the leaders of the team. But since you know so much and your peewee football league experience, that qualifies you as the expert.

KC is by all rights a good QB, and has proven as much previous to transfering to UT. That being said, he is not better than JG. He is more eperienced and has had time to develop in his position, but there is a reason that the coaching staff decided to go with JG and has stuck with him through rocky games. He is a leader, plain and simple. He has the team behind him and they believe in him. There is no reason to put a QB in that has one yeat of eligability just to win another game or two when he is not going to increase the overall talent and level of play enough to matter. If he were going to be the difference in going 6-6 and 10-2, absolutely play him. But that was never going to happen with our O-line and the talent gaps between us and some of the other teams on our schedule. Let JG grow and he will be a stud for the next two seasons.

Come on out of hiding and keep your schedule. It's not a football weekend without some griping about JG. I know he set a record tonight but don't let that dissuade you. Rise above it and tell us how we need Chryst to achieve success.

Karma gonna getcha, boy, karma gonna getcha. Cause you just jinxed JG.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
3 categories here:

1. Morons with little understanding of football who point to the most visible, obvious change a team can make as the root of all problems.
  2. Those who saw a tan northerner frowning on the sideline 15 months ago and decide they could never support him
  3. (The smallest percentage, like sjt here) Those who have consistently pointed toward a lack or pocket awareness and struggles to make pre-snap reads as weaknesses that badly hurt our team.

The 2nd and 3rd categories are really small. Most fall into #1.
The problem I have with number 3, is that they dont actually know what his reads are supposed to be or what plays were called, they can guess, but when they spend paragraphs tearing down JG as if he will never get it, the actual coaches are praising his development in those areas. But what can you do, has beens love trying to feel smarter than a college coach.

They are wearing a national title ring my friend. You know you are talking to someone that was a QB in college, right? Did you play QB? So I can evaluate the play of a QB a lot better than most on this forum. The problem is someone with your logic. The entire game falls on the shoulders of the QB. Win or lose. That’s why they are the leaders of the team. But since you know so much and your peewee football league experience, that qualifies you as the expert.
The fact you just put all of the blame on the qb shows your intelligence. If a team loses 69 to 70 is that on the qb?

More evidence of the number 3's being has beens that want to feel smarter than a current coach. Calm down al bundy.

Why is the hell would we be slamming a good QB like Christ. If JG gets hurt will will need him. I betting he would do a very good job at QB.

More evidence of the number 3's being has beens that want to feel smarter than a current coach. Calm down al bundy.
#3’s being has beens. Ole buddy I went to a juco school and started both years. I am proud of that experience too. I don’t claim to know more than the coaches. I just know what pads stats to make someone look better and I know what holding the ball too long entails. Even if it’s 1/2 a second, that is the difference from leading a receiver or throwing behind one or getting hammered in the chest by a D-lineman. That is just QB fundamentals. I agree he is a decent QB, but once he fixes those, he will up his game drastically.

The fact you just put all of the blame on the qb shows your intelligence. If a team loses 69 to 70 is that on the qb?
Glad to see you recognize my intelligence. I guess you do have some smarts about you. QB’s will forever shoulder the blame of losses. Whether it’s their fault or not, that’s what leaders do. Let me answer that dumb question for you....The QB fumbles the ball or throws an INT with a minute left and no timeouts and lets say they are 20 yards away from scoring. Tomorrow’s headlines are not going to read...RB fumbles the ball on the first play of the game and it cost them the win. Don’t think so. Surely you can do better than that question. Amateurs!!!!

The problem I have with number 3, is that they dont actually know what his reads are supposed to be or what plays were called, they can guess, but when they spend paragraphs tearing down JG as if he will never get it, the actual coaches are praising his development in those areas. But what can you do, has beens love trying to feel smarter than a college coach.
Not smarter than coaches, never claimed to be, just a heck of a lot smarter than you. Stick with your chess matches and let someone that knows something about football talk.

Glad to see you recognize my intelligence. I guess you do have some smarts about you. QB’s will forever shoulder the blame of losses. Whether it’s their fault or not, that’s what leaders do. Let me answer that dumb question for you....The QB fumbles the ball or throws an INT with a minute left and no timeouts and lets say they are 20 yards away from scoring. Tomorrow’s headlines are not going to read...RB fumbles the ball on the first play of the game and it cost them the win. Don’t think so. Surely you can do better than that question. Amateurs!!!!
So defense is inconsequential? What about o line did yours do nothing to help you start two years of community college ball?

Not smarter than coaches, never claimed to be, just a heck of a lot smarter than you. Stick with your chess matches and let someone that knows something about football talk.
Never met me yet claims to be smarter. Ok cool story bro.

Your screen name says enough about your intelligence level.

So defense is inconsequential? What about o line did yours do nothing to help you start two years of community college ball?
I said QB’s will always shoulder the blame of losses regardless of the fault. That is what they do. They will blame themselves and get blame from others. It will always be that way. And I didn’t have the best of OLines but they did their best. We were not a big school but at least it was college ball. It was a great experience. Look dude, JG is a good QB. There are tons of good QB’s in the college world. But there are very few elite QB’s in the sport. I believe he has the potential to be elite. For instance, when he moved out of the pocket to avoid a sack and found his receiver, that was different than the first of the year when he took a sack or threw it away. He has gotten a ton better but those little things that can be corrected will make him so much better and in turn, the team will play better. And I do want to see him continue to break records but most importantly, I want to see Tennessee win.

Your screen name says enough about your intelligence level.
I put that screen name on there only because of the hype from years ago. I am friends with Gruden and have been for years. But I didn’t want him as Tennessee’s coach. I think he would have been a perfect recruiter though. And don’t talk about someone’s screen name when you have “bloom” in yours. C’mon man.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Lol.

You so smawt. I'mma justa little peewee football fan. I don't know nuthin about nuthin. Thank you for taking the time from your busy famous lifestyle to be here. Please, please help us see the light, oh chosen one.

Yeah, nobody cares. I don't know where you went to junior college, but they didn't teach you anything about logic. You say the quarterback shoulders the loss no matter what, but anyone with common sense knows how stupid that is. Tyler Bray was one of the most talented quarterbacks we ever had, and he helped lead UT in the most prolific offense this school has ever seen in 2012. Guess what. 5-7. He's being paid to take snaps on a practice squad in the NFL right now, which is more than a lot of those Alabama quarterbacks can say. But they got a ring, so they're better, right?

Oh, and one other thing, even IF you're telling the truth, which I strongly doubt, being a college quarterback would absolutely give you more ability to judge quarterback play than most here. So why in the ef would you just say, "he's mediocre because he doesn't win" instead of actually breaking down where he stands from a talent standpoint??

You may want to call Trump University and tell them you want your money back.

Reactions: BloomuVol
I put that screen name on there only because of the hype from years ago. I am friends with Gruden and have been for years. But I didn’t want him as Tennessee’s coach. I think he would have been a perfect recruiter though. And don’t talk about someone’s screen name when you have “bloom” in yours. C’mon man.
Its Bloomu as in bloomsburg university, the school I attend.

Lol.

You so smawt. I'mma justa little peewee football fan. I don't know nuthin about nuthin. Thank you for taking the time from your busy famous lifestyle to be here. Please, please help us see the light, oh chosen one.

Yeah, nobody cares. I don't know where you went to junior college, but they didn't teach you anything about logic. You say the quarterback shoulders the loss no matter what, but anyone with common sense knows how stupid that is. Tyler Bray was one of the most talented quarterbacks we ever had, and he helped lead UT in the most prolific offense this school has ever seen in 2012. Guess what. 5-7. He's being paid to take snaps on a practice squad in the NFL right now, which is more than a lot of those Alabama quarterbacks can say. But they got a ring, so they're better, right?

Oh, and one other thing, even IF you're telling the truth, which I strongly doubt, being a college quarterback would absolutely give you more ability to judge quarterback play than most here. So why in the ef would you just say, "he's mediocre because he doesn't win" instead of actually breaking down where he stands from a talent standpoint??

You may want to call Trump University and tell them you want your money back.
Actually, you are too stupid to understand my point. I have broke down everything about JG. Going from release time, to a three step drop, 5 step drop, where his eyes are when his plant foot hits the ground, from his atrocious throw back screen( pitiful) to his happy feet. If you would pay attention to other post , you would have seen that. And yes dumba$$, all QB’s will shoulder the load in everything. It has always been that way from the beginning of football. It is just part of their DNA. Whether it’s their fault or someone else, it doesn’t matter. And then coaches will take the blame away from them and put it on themselves. That is just how it is. And those Alabama QB’s went pro, some, and got paid and now are doing other things which is what Bray will be doing in a year or two. And I don’t where you are getting this famous lifestyle stuff, and saying chosen one. You sound like a high school kid whose nuts haven’t dropped yet. Did you say that Tyler Bray led the most prolific offense this school has ever seen. I’m done talking to you. You just made a complete fool out of yourself and a laughingstock to all of Volnation. And yes, 1993 graduate from MGCCC.

Aww man. You are still a kid. I finished college 25 years ago. Good luck at school. Wish you the best.
I'm a 30 year old combat wounded veteran, I started late because I was supporting my family while my wife finished nursing school. But I'm glad you are so secure in yourself that you wouldn't try to belittle someone, or presume things.

I'm a 30 year old combat wounded veteran, I started late because I was supporting my family while my wife finished nursing school. But I'm glad you are so secure in yourself that you wouldn't try to belittle someone, or presume things.
Hey man. You said you were in school. What was someone suppose to think. But more importantly, let’s forget football a minute. My hats off to you. I appreciate your service to this great nation. I wish you the best in all you do. God bless you!

Reactions: BloomuVol
Actually, you are too stupid to understand my point. I have broke down everything about JG. Going from release time, to a three step drop, 5 step drop, where his eyes are when his plant foot hits the ground, from his atrocious throw back screen( pitiful) to his happy feet. If you would pay attention to other post , you would have seen that. And yes dumba$$, all QB’s will shoulder the load in everything. It has always been that way from the beginning of football. It is just part of their DNA. Whether it’s their fault or someone else, it doesn’t matter. And then coaches will take the blame away from them and put it on themselves. That is just how it is. And those Alabama QB’s went pro, some, and got paid and now are doing other things which is what Bray will be doing in a year or two. And I don’t where you are getting this famous lifestyle stuff, and saying chosen one. You sound like a high school kid whose nuts haven’t dropped yet. Did you say that Tyler Bray led the most prolific offense this school has ever seen. I’m done talking to you. You just made a complete fool out of yourself and a laughingstock to all of Volnation. And yes, 1993 graduate from MGCCC.

Definitely not too stupid to understand your point follows stupid logic. You called JG a medicore quarterback because he hasn't won enough games. That's stupid.

As for 2012 offense, it finished about a hundred yards and 40 points shy of single season records, both of which are held by two different Tennessee teams, so, maybe you shouldn't be too quick to speak for everyone on this website.

I sound like I'm waiting for my nuts to drop? Yeah, buddy, I hate to tell you this, but this isn't going the way you think it is in your head.

VN Store

Back