When will Mike Leach get a big job?

Really The Vols have a football coach. Who cares if Mike Leach gets another job. We do not want him.
if the sky splits open causing Saban to retire and Bama to come take CJP back home, I don't think we could even get CML to come here now. Probably had a one-time window of opportunity. Things may have worked out for the best for him and us. We'll see.

I suppose whether or he’d win at a higher tier SEC program is up for debate but I honestly can’t see how you can dislike the guy.

IMO, it’s refreshing to see a coach at that level that doesn’t take themselves so damn seriously.
Because he isnt in Orange. Had he been hired here most of those proclaiming CJP as the most awesomest fit ever would be praising the Pirate just as effusively.

IMO Leach will struggle to get a job at one of the blue blood and wannabe blue blood programs (especially in the South) because he would t bow and scape to those who are in power. The thought of Leach in a press conference representing their schools turns these folks s&$t to water.

I would love to have CML over pretty much all others because he can coach is entertaining. And before the peanut gallery chimes in look at the defensive stats of his teams before he arrived and after he had been there a couple of years.

if the sky splits open causing Saban to retire and Bama to come take CJP back home, I don't think we could even get CML to come here now. Probably had a one-time window of opportunity. Things may have worked out for the best for him and us. We'll see.
The only way Alabama shows any interest in CJP is if he turns us back into a powerhouse. If that happens we'll be in much better shape looking for his replacement.

Their schedule and conference is hot garbage.

They are way over ranked.
They are overranked, but given the talent on that roster they certainly overachieve. I think it would be interesting to see him land at a program that sells itself. See what he can do with real talent

They would score 100 on us, and we beat 2 top 25 SEC teams. Take Bama out of the equation, maybe Clemson too, and everyone is a lot cloer than it seems.
No they wouldn’t. We average giving up 24 points per game while playing 3 top 25 scoring offenses in the country this year in Alabama, WVa and Georgia. Also, Washington State has yet to even score 60 in a game to date....scored 59 vs mighty Eastern Washington of the Big Sky Conference

They average 34 ppg.....our defense is playing very well late in the season, and I suspect that if we played them, they’d struggle to get to 30 points.

I thought most were happy we are back to a coach who believes in big, mean offensive lines, solid run and passing game and playing solid defense. Mike Leach doesn't seem to fit. Can't we just be happy for a few minutes with what we have and give him a chance?
That's not the way VN rolls

Meh! We’ll just snap up Chip Kelly. UCLA will have fired him by then.

Oregon and Arizona State are. UCLA is mostly 3*. USC beat WSU

And yet he has taken a team with the last 3 recruiting classes ranked 50th, 43rd and 41st into the top 10. Yea, who in heir right mind would want a coach like that. Especially at a place that can land top 10-20 classes fairly easily just on facilities alone.

But go ahead and hate on the guy because is different. At least we dont have to worry about CJP speaking his mind and embarassing the AD or big boosters...

And yet he has taken a team with the last 3 recruiting classes ranked 50th, 43rd and 41st into the top 10. Yea, who in heir right mind would want a coach like that. Especially at a place that can land top 10-20 classes fairly easily just on facilities alone.

But go ahead and hate on the guy because is different. At least we dont have to worry about CJP speaking his mind and embarassing the AD or big boosters...
Leach would consistently be a 7-5 type coach here. Would you be happy with that?

He wins wherever he goes. I have no doubt he would’ve won here.
He wins wherever he goes. I have no doubt he would’ve won here.
I am with you all though the 'defense wins championships' crowd may have a point that his ceiling in the SEC may have been short of out long-term expectations. We'll never know how it may have worked out.

He will not get a job at a major power program. He is at a Power 5 school and thats about his limit. These perennial powers want someone who all the boosters can relate to. Leach has little in common with those people. He has more in common with the people at the local flea market. Those people dont make hires at tradition rich programs.

Leach would consistently be a 7-5 type coach here. Would you be happy with that?

you have your own special crystal ball tell you that? If so take it back to Walmart for a full refund because I'm fairly certain it doesnt work very well.

It is patently ridiculous stare that a guy that has the Washington State Cougars ranked in the top 10 couldnt win here. But tell yourself whatever you need to in order to convince yourself that CJP is the greatest of them all and you're happy that he was chosen. Even if he was the 6th or 7th choice.

I hope CJP is uber successful here but pretending he was a better choice than Leach at this point in time is either naive or simply lying to yourself.

you have your own special crystal ball tell you that? If so take it back to Walmart for a full refund because I'm fairly certain it doesnt work very well.

It is patently ridiculous stare that a guy that has the Washington State Cougars ranked in the top 10 couldnt win here. But tell yourself whatever you need to in order to convince yourself that CJP is the greatest of them all and you're happy that he was chosen. Even if he was the 6th or 7th choice.

I hope CJP is uber successful here but pretending he was a better choice than Leach at this point in time is either naive or simply lying to yourself.
What does this have to do with Pruitt? Fact is Leach's brand of football wouldn't work in the sec. It's perfect for the pac12

VN Store

Back