When UT made the top 10

Butch was never even close. His rise in the rankings may have left him with the sense, even today, that he was. Which would be another huge error on his part. His approach/philosophy was never going to win in this conference. Hope he has learned that by now through his "internship".

Reactions: ttatj
First post!

Butch would have been fine had he known how to call plays!

Wide receiver screened ourselves to death!

Flood plays on the goaline.

Conservative play calling like the 2015 Florids and Oklahoma games and several other instances.

He wasn't ready for the big time and his gimmicky yankeedoodle Central Michigan play calling was a tennessee travesty!

I agree with you. He managed to win 9 games in '15 and '16 looked very promising but the writing was on the wall.

UF won the SEC E in '15 & '16 under McElwain and they couldn't wait to get rid of him because they knew he wasn't the answer after getting waxed in the SEC CG 2 years in a row. We should be thankful Butch didn't win the SEC E in either of those years as he would have a street named after him or a statue and a more insane contract to buyout.

I was never a Butch fan but I hoped he succeeded since he was UT's coach. The '15 OU game with play-calling on the goal-line and then not going for it was the beginning of the end. Even if you don't make it, OU has the ball inside the 1 and the crowd was insane! Still, UT dominated for 3 quarters., but the game is 4 quarters.... then the UF game!

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer

VN Store

Back