When scrimmages start, would you prefer....

If the oline is better we will win 8 games.

I know I have been thinking this same way for like 6 years ... but looking at the progression and experience of the group, I'm thinking they will be much improved. Caveat ... by "much improved" I realize there is a lot of distance even to "average" in the SEC.

This has been discussed, but if Trey is back, here's what I see by UF ...
LT - Morris
LG - Smith
C - Kennedy
RG - Carvin
RT - Tatum

with J.Johnson, R.Johnson, Wright, Lampley, & Locklear starting or in the rotation. I don't like trotting a true FR out there, but if he wins the position then it's no longer b/c we're desperate to play one.

No injuries
Ditto...no injuries, and hope no sweeping statements that we're a long ways away on OL/DL. Pruitt pretty much calls it like he see's it, so hope there's "progress, with opportunities" type thing. I'm not sure if I'd rather see us do well in the run game or DL be able to stop them. Probably need OL progress, as DL will probably come along.

I know I have been thinking this same way for like 6 years ... but looking at the progression and experience of the group, I'm thinking they will be much improved. Caveat ... by "much improved" I realize there is a lot of distance even to "average" in the SEC.

LT - Morris
LG - Smith
C - Kennedy
RG - Carvin
RT - Tatum

with J.Johnson, R.Johnson, Wright, Lampley, & Locklear starting or in the rotation. I don't like trotting a true FR out there, but if he wins the position then it's no longer b/c we're desperate to play one.
Apparently, Tatum has stepped up his game...good to hear, from a depth perspective. Gotta figure Wright will get plenty of time...but if Tatum is hold Wright off, for now, that bodes for "better days' for OL.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

LT - Morris
LG - Smith
C - Kennedy
RG - Carvin
RT - Tatum

I have a hard time seeing someone replace Jamir Johnson. He was our best OL to close out last season. And now he has another 30 pounds of well placed muscle. Dude is very strong and agile for his weight which is now over 300.

I have also read that K'Rojhn Calbert, who is huge, is getting much, much better and stood out during spring practices.

I expect Morris and Wright to platoon at OT.

Ryan Johnson will back up Kennedy and may even start outright depending on how Kennedy recovers from ACL tear.

I've had some rattlesnake bites before that tasted pretty good, a lot better than gator bites.

BBQ goat is good too.

Good quality and well cooked Calamari isn't rubbery. You just need to find the right restaurant.

Elk Jerky is the gold standard of gamey food if you ask me.

Except for the calamari, you're talking my language. I like nilgai antelope as well.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I've heard that to properly cook calimari, cook it a short time (flash fry!) Or cook it a long time. Oh, and Go Vols!!!

Fresher the better..

tenor.gif

Apparently, Tatum has stepped up his game...good to hear, from a depth perspective. Gotta figure Wright will get plenty of time...but if Tatum is hold Wright off, for now, that bodes for "better days' for OL.
If he has it may give Wright an extra week or two to better learn the system. It would be great to have quality depth along the Oline for a change The competition will make all of them better players. I still we can win 8 games this season and add a bowl game win as well, if we can avoid additional injuries. I can hardly wait for the season to start.

I have a hard time seeing someone replace Jamir Johnson. He was our best OL to close out last season. And now he has another 30 pounds of well placed muscle. Dude is very strong and agile for his weight which is now over 300.

I have also read that K'Rojhn Calbert, who is huge, is getting much, much better and stood out during spring practices.

Ryan Johnson will back up Kennedy and may even start outright depending on how Kennedy recovers from ACL tear.

J Johnson is not at 300 lbs.
That's part of the issue. He's still lite

And you don't recruit a Wanya Morris to let him ride the bench.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

Jahmir and Trey Smith are my two favorite OL. Johnson has the most viscous attitude I've seen on our OL in a long time. That boy is nasty. No quit in him. He's lean and quick, but still appears a bit undersized out there even after the off season. Who knows. I could see him starting at G and maybe outside as well with his quickness.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I hope the defense is better and the offense gets better as we get closer the season. I’m sure there will be good and bad plays from both groups to learn from.

J Johnson is not at 300 lbs.
That's part of the issue. He's still lite

And you don't recruit a Wanya Morris to let him ride the bench.
Johnson is a talented agile and powerful player he will allow the coaches to call different plays and hopefully plays that the opposing teams are not able to defend. He can pull and get to the second level better than any of the other linemen and with a back like TY man man

I would prefer to hear that Trey Smith had a great scrimmage and no health issues detected.

Reactions: 1vol8
I’d like to see Chaney call some deep plays. Let Jarrett really air the ball out. Testing his accuracy, ball placement, and coverage.

I’d like to see more urgency to get good push up front on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I’d like to see the Defense play strong run defense and tight coverage with a willingness to help both underneath and over the top. Really pressing guys to take the next step this season.

VN Store

Back