What's YOUR Number 1 Pet Peeve in College Football?

MadWorld

Caligula would grin.
Funny you should ask. Ok, I'll start.

My #1 pet peeve in college football is Targeting... No, that's not it.
My #1 pet peeve in college football is the referee's. Naw.

Ok, My #1 Pet Peeve in College Football is... Dum A$$ kickers with the number 98 on their jersey. WTF are they wearing a DL number on their jersey for? UGA dum a$$ kicker even wears 80's style googles. OMG, give them a normal kicker number like -4, or 6 or something. End of rant.

:confused:

Kicking a kid out for targeting is too harsh a penalty in most cases. Helmet to Helmet maybe a 15 yrder. Blatant launching and very late hits may warrant ejection, but the ones where the runner is already low, there may be no way to tackle without conking helmets.

Sorta unliked view but foreign players on public funded scollys. (in all college sports) If they wanr to play at their on expense let'um. But scollies should be for the good of american students.
Right now, along this line are the Aussie kickers ( most way too old to be playing college ball anyway).

Targeting, but specifically throwing the player out. I can get behind the spirit of targeting, but unless you can determine they were trying to hurt the other player, I see no reason to throw them out.

My second is they need to revamp how they do reviews. There needs to be some sort of tier or level, like if they have to review and looking at it 2 seconds it's obvious, then don't have the ref run over and put on the headset, just signal down to reverse it. They can definitely speed up this process.

Wish college would adopt the NFL's number policy. Hate seeing DL in anything other than 50-79 and 90-99

Reactions: MadWorld
Targeting. Like someone said, I understand the purpose of the rule, but the implementation is atrocious. On that point, stopping the game for a review to go on a fishing expedition for targeting calls is beyond pathetic. If it wasn't egregious enough to get called in real time then it's not targeting.

Replay in general. More and more I'm seeing stoppages to review plays where the call was obvious. There's no need to stop the game to do a quick review on a score or a turnover that was obvious. It's lengthening the games that are already getting longer and longer

Commentators, no matter what game they're calling or how early in the season it is, talking about who they think the top 4 teams are instead of talking about the game they're actually calling. If I'm watching Oregon State vs Stanford late night, I really don't care who the commentators think the top 4 teams are.

The cfp. I miss the days when it was about beating your rivals and competing for the conference championship. What we have is no better than the BCS, except it's 4 teams instead of 2.

And finally. SEC fatigue. Outside of the Vols, I genuinely can't stand the SEC. I'm sick of hearing how great the conference is. I'm ready for it to be taken down a few notches. With that in mind, I'll be pulling for anyone not in the SEC to win the championship.

WGWTFA

Or, if we’re talking about all of football, the touchback turnover on a fumble out of the end zone is the worst rule in ALL of sports IMO.

Reactions: illvol

VN Store

Back