What's your blood pressure?

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I have suffered from high blood pressure since I was a teen. I've been hospitalized and had every test known to man run on me. My blood pressure really came down when I retired and is currently in the 110/60 range and I'm amazed seeing it that low. When I was working, and with my current meds it hovered in the 130-140 over 80-90 and now it's in the 110-120 over 60-70 range. I need to get my blood pressure monitors checked, but I have 2 and they both read close to the same.

I have suffered from high blood pressure since I was a teen. I've been hospitalized and had every test known to man run on me. My blood pressure really came down when I retired and is currently in the 110/60 range and I'm amazed seeing it that low. When I was working, and with my current meds it hovered in the 130-140 over 80-90 and now it's in the 110-120 over 60-70 range. I need to get my blood pressure monitors checked, but I have 2 and they both read close to the same.
That's awesome. Stress really does affect your blood preasure

That's awesome. Stress really does affect your blood preasure
I honestly believe that. I've never had issues, but a couple of years ago when I went to get the results if the mri on my leg, it was kinda high. I knew it was broken or something, and was worried about everything. No other problems with it.

Stress 100% is a huge factor. Or anxiety. I am a fairly athletic 25 year old and I stay in the optimal range while at home. Always have a systolic of anywhere from 110 to 120 and many times it is actually just over 100. Diastolic is usually in the 60’s or 70’s.

Now flip the script and take a trip to the doctors office. I am ALWAYS 140/80’s. I stress over going to the doctor. I know the home readings are correct because I match a machine to a manual reading. I am a first responder so I am fairly confident with my readings.

Stress 100% is a huge factor. Or anxiety. I am a fairly athletic 25 year old and I stay in the optimal range while at home. Always have a systolic of anywhere from 110 to 120 and many times it is actually just over 100. Diastolic is usually in the 60’s or 70’s.

Now flip the script and take a trip to the doctors office. I am ALWAYS 140/80’s. I stress over going to the doctor. I know the home readings are correct because I match a machine to a manual reading. I am a first responder so I am fairly confident with my readings.
White coat hypertension.
Dear wife has that.

I've been going every 3 months for a while and found mine reacts negatively to caffeine. My last one was 118/77 (or really close to that) and I had a crazy morning that day with no effects of stress. Guess everyone has their own triggers

Mine was consistently pretty high a couple years ago before I lost some weight. I still have a habit of checking it in Publix every time I go just to make sure it's in line

With meds mine stays around 129-130 over 75-80. Without meds is another story. I was an idiot and dcided to see how high it would go so I went a week without them. before my doctor appointment. When I got there it was 196 over 120.
Worst it ever was was when I had a reaction to some other meds, it spiked at 212 over 196. I have no idea how I didn't die.

Unfortunately it runs in my family too. I’m a 28 year old male in pretty decent shape, and had an unexpected stroke early this year. Ever since this its been high around 150/95 consistently. Recently been put on 10mg of blood pressure medicine. Stays around 130/80 now.

Unfortunately it runs in my family too. I’m a 28 year old male in pretty decent shape, and had an unexpected stroke early this year. Ever since this its been high around 150/95 consistently. Recently been put on 10mg of blood pressure medicine. Stays around 130/80 now.

Hang in there man! So sorry to hear that. Metrprotolol? I took that for a little while for my high blood pressure. Praying for you man. Get better!

I'm with Bruiser too. I get white coat syndrome.

It runs in the family. Tends to be a little on the upper end of the acceptable range/slightly over when I get it checked.

Hang in there man! So sorry to hear that. Metrprotolol? I took that for a little while for my high blood pressure. Praying for you man. Get better!

I'm with Bruiser too. I get white coat syndrome.
I appreciate it man! It’s been tough, I’ve fully recovered except I feel tired a lot. I’m currently on Lisinopril. They started at 5mg, about after a month I started feeling really bad and my blood pressure kept spiking again. Learned life is short and to be thankful for what you have.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I appreciate it man! It’s been tough, I’ve fully recovered except I feel tired a lot. I’m currently on Lisinopril. They started at 5mg, about after a month I started feeling really bad and my blood pressure kept spiking again. Learned life is short and to be thankful for what you have.

If you develop a chronic cough it's from the lisonpril, did it to both me and my dad. On valsartan now and much better, though some companies did a recall on it for having some nasty chemical in the pills very recently.

If you develop a chronic cough it's from the lisonpril, did it to both me and my dad. On valsartan now and much better, though some companies did a recall on it for having some nasty chemical in the pills very recently.
I’ve been lucky with the coughing so far, I’m hoping that it continues. I believe my mom is on two different types of medicine. It’s crazy how the body will be good then all of a sudden change on you.

I was taking some sort of generic beta blocker and developed a nasty consistent cough. My doctor put me on Bystolic and the cough went away. Over the years I have been put on numerous BP medicines but the cocktail I'm on now is 10 mg of Norvasc and 10 mg of Bystolic. Between the 2 of them I think that's a fairly high dose of blood pressure drugs.

went to the doctors for the first time in a long time yesterday. 110/70.

dealing with another injury so I definitely wouldn't say I am in good shape, but I still have stamina more than anything.

Reactions: VolStrom
Iv'e had hypertension since my 30s, now 67. Currently on Irbesartan and Amolopine. Consistent readings of 120/78 range.

I give blood every 8 weeks and I’m all over the place. The last couple times I’ve been real good after being terrible for about a year. Stress has a lot to do with it for me.

VN Store

Back