What's the over/under on the fine?

"...and it was about that time I realized that it wasn't no giant crustacean from the Paleolithic era standing there lookin at us with those lifeless , sunken eyes. I yelled, I said, 'What do you want from us, Greg Sankey?' And Greg Sankey leaned in and said, 'About tree fiddy.' An she gave him a dolla. Of course he's not gonna go away. If you give him a dolla he's gonna assume you got more!"

Doesn't this sound remarkably similar to other groups who've said: The system has failed us so we have no choice but to take to the streets and get our point across.

I don't agree with those groups and I can't agree with the fan behavior last night.

If we expect others to work inside the system for changes, we have to be better than we were last night or shut up about those who take to the streets for far more important problems than football.
I clearly said the way some of the fans reacted wasn’t right

No a Real fan is one who is supporting the team through good or bad. Your notion of forfieting the season is stupid at best and shows your lack of commitment to the team
I
If wanting my alma mater to show that it values decency and chivalry over trashy behavior is "stupid", then I'll wear it as a badge of honor.

Reactions: rojas1187
"...and it was about that time I realized that it wasn't no giant crustacean from the Paleolithic era standing there lookin at us with those lifeless , sunken eyes. I yelled, I said, 'What do you want from us, Greg Sankey?' And Greg Sankey leaned in and said, 'About tree fiddy.' An she gave him a dolla. Of course he's not gonna go away. If you give him a dolla he's gonna assume you got more!"

Fantastic. Thanks for a good laugh on a less-than-pleasant Sunday.

Reactions: tbh
I'm no troll and I meant exactly what I said. I'm a U.T. graduate and I am humiliated by what happened and doubly humiliated that the trash that did it is showing up here trying to defend it.
Why are you humiliated? Why do you think these people represent you? I don't view you that way. I should not be viewed that way. If some idiots do things that I do not condone and they do that in the name of USA or have USA gear on, does that mean all Americans are that way? No it does not.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Why are you humiliated? Why do you think these people represent you? I don't view you that way. I should not be viewed that way. If some idiots do things that I do not condone and they do that in the name of USA or have USA gear on, does that mean all Americans are that way? No it does not.
"Why am I humiliated?" Number 1, I am a double graduate of UTK. Number 2, Vol athletic teams are the representatives of UT. Number 3, watch a tape of what happened last night. Number 4, read what's in the media today. Number 5, visit a few of the other fan sites around the nation. I can't explain it any better than that.

Reactions: rojas1187
$250,000 to the league and $10,000 to feed the refs really good before the Georgia game

It was bad and uncalled for. Majority of that action appeared to come from the student section. Some of that can be contributed to immaturity. Everyone needs to be careful with accusations and painting a broad brush. 99% of the fans there didn’t throw anything. It’s not like it’s never happened before at a sporting event in America.

"Why am I humiliated?" Number 1, I am a double graduate of UTK. Number 2, Vol athletic teams are the representatives of UT. Number 3, watch a tape of what happened last night. Number 4, read what's in the media today. Number 5, visit a few of the other fan sites around the nation. I can't explain it any better than that.
I am a UTK grad. I have read all of those things and I saw the game. Those fans are not me or you. Why are you letting other people define you?

Fine will be in the $250K neighborhood. For those people who say “Don’t pay it”, the amount of the fine will be deducted from the rights fee check sent to UTK Athletics from the SEC Home Office in B’Ham. UTK will also have to spend $ on more security in the student sections which will be an additional 100 guards x $25 an hour for 6 hours x 7 games…$105,000 per season for that. Reputational damage will not be quantifiable for the short-term, but expect some modifications to the visiting bench area to resemble soccer stadiums with barriers/roofs as they have in the English Premier League when they renovate the East Sideline at General Neyland.

I suggest that all those trying to downplay what happened visit any of the other fansites around the nation and read some reactions. You'd have to be incredibly stupid not to be embarrassed. On the other hand, perhaps Tennessee fans are that stupid. Last night provided a powerful argument for that.
Dude.....take your Midol

Who cares. Grow up. Quit living through others

Reactions: spyfish007
Just remember that if the team was not a member of the SEC, there would be no fine to worry about. Also, the fans need to remember it was Greg Sankey who kept us from hiring Hugh Freeze as an offensive coordinator.

Reactions: BanditVol
I suggest that all those trying to downplay what happened visit any of the other fansites around the nation and read some reactions. You'd have to be incredibly stupid not to be embarrassed. On the other hand, perhaps Tennessee fans are that stupid. Last night provided a powerful argument for that.
You took the time to read other teams fan forums?

A fine means nothing to the trash who embarrassed U.T. last night; a more appropriate punishment would be to forfeit the rest of the season. There was no excuse for this kind of conduct. And BTW, don't claim the media is taking shots. The facts are bad enough.
Stupidest post yet. Make the players on the field who had zero responsibility pay for what a very small percentage of 100,000 fans did

A fine means nothing to the trash who embarrassed U.T. last night; a more appropriate punishment would be to forfeit the rest of the season. There was no excuse for this kind of conduct. And BTW, don't claim the media is taking shots. The facts are bad enough.

what I don't understand is that Neyland Stadium is our home field, sacred ground, our pride and joy. WE TRASHED IT!

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol

VN Store

Back