Whats the deal with the ads?

The virus ones are just ads trying to convince you that you have a virus. I've blocked several things but I need you guys to continue to post the ad, the url, and the target where it takes you if you click. Based on that I can typically block them.

I just blocked several more. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, please let me know if you guys notice any difference based on today's changes.

The Dignity BBQ video ad has rendered Google Chrome unusable on the site. Constantly sends the page to the bottom every time it restarts.

The Dignity BBQ video ad has rendered Google Chrome unusable on the site. Constantly sends the page to the bottom every time it restarts.

If you can post the pic and a target link I can block it. Haven't gotten that one on my end. Thx.

So on mobile I’ve resorted to trying to make sure I know which as slot is causing the issue.

For those still having issues, please let me know if it helps on mobile.

Thanks.

This is what popped up this morning

Attachments

• C2A4947C-213B-42FE-BAE2-11BB02BB28A7.jpg
    C2A4947C-213B-42FE-BAE2-11BB02BB28A7.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 0
Try clearing all your browser settings: temp files, cache, cookies, etc. like SDV mentioned in the other thread.

Those CloudFront ads are rampant on the net right now and don’t appear to be coming from here, even though you’re getting the pop ups on this site. Confusing, I know.

OK I was getting all these until I updated to iOS 11. Now nothing. Hope this helps

I just got one of those ads. Can't hit the back button, have to close out. I've seen them before and it's just random and only on this site. Will try clearing.

Got this ad from the virus that is Walmart. Wouldn't let me hit back or anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171030-200026.jpg
    Screenshot_20171030-200026.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
Got this ad from the virus that is Walmart. Wouldn't let me hit back or anything.

Try clearing your cache and temporary internet files. Those cloudfront ads don't necessarily come from the site you're on, if that makes sense.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Very bad today on mobile. I use LG V20, updated software, chrome browser. Attached is pop up. Turning off Java Scripts in site settings stops it (courtesy of Godfatha). I was unable to read anything on Volnation for 45 minutes until I tried changing to PC mode on my phone. Needs fixed asap!

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-11-22-08-22-04.jpg
    Capture+_2017-11-22-08-22-04.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1
Very bad today on mobile. I use LG V20, updated software, chrome browser. Attached is pop up. Turning off Java Scripts in site settings stops it (courtesy of Godfatha). I was unable to read anything on Volnation for 45 minutes until I tried changing to PC mode on my phone. Needs fixed asap!

Click your three dots top right. Click settings. Click site settings. Turn off javascript.

Worked great.

Godfathas fix.

I'm getting it too

To all the people experiencing the redirect/virus warning:

It's most likely not a virus on your phone/system. Still doesn't hurt to run Malwarebytes or some other software to check though.

It's most likely caused by an ad injecting JavaScript into the DOM and triggering the popup/redirect. Very often you will find such redirects when ads gets served because ad-delivery is today usually a multi-step process with several parties involved. This is especially true with targeted ads and real-time ad-bidding networks. In such delivery chains each of the party needs to get some information about the referring party and about the original user to decide which ad to serve or which next part of the chain should take over. Because control from one party to the next party is handled through redirects these information will be encoded in the URL and that's why you'll see this long URL's with various encoded information. Can't blame Freak for this as he can't prevent it.

Close all tabs and clear your complete history, cache, cookies, etc of any browsers you are using. This most of the time will fix this. If it persists you can clear all data from any browser/app you use in your settings.

All those failing you can disable JavaScript in your browser, but you will lose some functionality for certain websites if they don't provide a noscript alternative.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back