What's Most Disappointing...

TNVols58

Is that we knew this Oakland team was pretty good and capable of beating us

It wasn't like we were caught off guard by this team

Very disappointing that both the coaching staff and players didn't take this game more seriously when they knew this Oakland team has played many good teams pretty tough

Effort wasn't even close to being there on the defensive end.....50 second half points.....are you kidding me?

To me the most disappointing part was the fact that we relaxed and gave up a 13 point 2nd half lead.

whats disappointing is that Hopson either looks like a potential pro or a high school player..and tonight he looked like a high school player. he plays with no heart

Rebounding. Oakland made alot of tough shots, most of their makes were contested shots. We gave them alot of easy offensive rebounds though. There were several sequences where Oakland had 3 or 4 offensive rebounds in a row. Oakland was just hot tonight. We came to play, just one of those nights.

Disappointing to me was Hopson not showing up. He doesn't need 20+ but he needs to be a leader.

Disappointing effort, lack of preparation, we have seen it before...Seems to be a Tennessee tradition..Teams that can't stand prosperity.

Oakland was taking the lead right away from us and Pearl just let them play and sat on his 3 timeouts. wtf? 13-0 run and UT had made like 1 FG in the last 7 mins. C'mon. Pearl used 1 of those 3 time outs, took the others home with him. Makes no sense to me.

Oakland was taking the lead right away from us and Pearl just let them play and sat on his 3 timeouts. wtf? 13-0 run and UT had made like 1 FG in the last 7 mins. C'mon. Pearl used 1 of those 3 time outs, took the others home with him. Makes no sense to me.

its not just pearl...lots of coaches sit on timeouts..ive never understood it

UT blew its........well you know on Pitt. Young team.....ego's got to big to quick. Michigan State should have been an eye opener for them....oh well it is what it is.

Pearl has alsways made his teams play out those kind of runs from his first year here til now. That's just part of his coaching.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

people laughed when i suggested OAkland could beat us, maybe this will be a wake up call. we are not good enough to take anyone lightly.:no::no:

The crowd was disappointing as well... probably not the reason we lost, but I was expecting some more support. I live in Nashville so I don't understand why you wouldn't go to a game like that where the tix are cheap, not a cupcake opponent, and comin off a big win against #3... I guess the weather might have had somethin to do with it but that crowd was pathetic

people laughed when i suggested OAkland could beat us, maybe this will be a wake up call. we are not good enough to take anyone lightly.:no::no:

We're not good enough to slack on the defensive side of the ball.

The crowd was disappointing as well... probably not the reason we lost, but I was expecting some more support. I live in Nashville so I don't understand why you wouldn't go to a game like that where the tix are cheap, not a cupcake opponent, and comin off a big win against #3... I guess the weather might have had somethin to do with it but that crowd was pathetic

Weather was a question mark, but overall TBA crowds for OOC games are low.

Disappointing effort, lack of preparation, we have seen it before...Seems to be a Tennessee tradition..Teams that can't stand prosperity.

On his post-game show, Pearl admitted that the staff did not do a good job preparing for this game. Says the season has already been a grind, that he is 50 years old, and didn't bring the intensity for this game that was needed.

VN Store

Back