What's it gonna take?

UT needs someone or a group of someones in the State legislature to become a champion of UT football and let it be know in no uncertain terms that the money train to UT will be curtailed if the UT Board doesn’t get their act together. The nonsensical amateur hour in Knoxville has become an embarrassment to the State’s flagship University and it ends now.
I don’t know if there is another P5 program that has ever gone through 4 HC in 11 seasons. Probably unprecedented. Therein lies the problem
The problem is none of these coaches were worth a sh-t as HC’s. This includes Kiffin when he was hired as UT’s HC. He most assuredly would have got UT in trouble with the NCAA. Although Fulmer was a good coach, you could have given Fulmer another 10 years and he wouldn’t have brought UT football back to prominence, the game had changed and he didn’t have Coach Cut anymore to bail his big a$$ out. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt don’t have HC skills. Time will not and cannot fix Pruitt. He is in way over his head and doesn’t have the skill set to empower his assistant coaches or players. The question is which costs more, to fire JP and get Freeze or wait until next year a then fire JP and get the best coach available.

The problem is none of these coaches were worth a sh-t as HC’s. This includes Kiffin when he was hired as UT’s HC. He most assuredly would have got UT in trouble with the NCAA. Although Fulmer was a good coach, you could have given Fulmer another 10 years and he wouldn’t have brought UT football back to prominence, the game had changed and he didn’t have Coach Cut anymore to bail his big a$$ out. Dooley, Jones and Pruitt don’t have HC skills. Time will not and cannot fix Pruitt. He is in way over his head and doesn’t have the skill set to empower his assistant coaches or players. The question is which costs more, to fire JP and get Freeze or wait until next year a then fire JP and get the best coach available.
If it was 100% up to me, I’d can him now and get Freeze. Wait till next year there’s zero guarantee there will be any good coach available who would be interested

If it was 100% up to me, I’d can him now and get Freeze. Wait till next year there’s zero guarantee there will be any good coach available who would be interested
Only if you have "THE GUY" wrapped up do you pull the trigger. Otherwise you pull the traditional, "Shoot, ready, aim" UT has been known to do over the last 10+ years where the only thing you accomplish is getting big name coaches raises at their current schools.

Only if you have "THE GUY" wrapped up do you pull the trigger. Otherwise you pull the traditional, "Shoot, ready, aim" UT has been known to do over the last 10+ years where the only thing you accomplish is getting big name coaches raises at their current schools.
Totally agree. Have the guy signed then pull the trigger.

Hugh Freeze has Liberty In the top 25. Where us UT ranked? Who of us thought Liberty would ever be a top 25 team. This guy can coach. Yes he has made some mistakes and has overcome them. We have an athletic director that needs to overcome his mistakes. He can do it by either stepping down or doing what is needed. All these millionaires and no results.

This misery pyramid starts and ends with Fulmer. Fulmer may like UT at this point, but he loves and adores Fulmer, period. He's got the mil coming in and it will take the jaws of life to get him out at this point. Only when it's obvious that it won't cost him personally will Fulmer take any action whatsoever.

Until then be ready for a lot of workin like heck to get better, and nothing else.

Totally agree. I have little faith in UT at this point. The only thing promising right now is the silence...from UT and the Freeze camp. Hopefully it means something...because it usually doesn’t.

Reactions: tastycar
I have been playing the lottery in hopes of winning the big jackpot then ill try to become a booster and just throw all my money at Freeze.

Totally agree. I have little faith in UT at this point. The only thing promising right now is the silence...from UT and the Freeze camp. Hopefully it means something...because it usually doesn’t.
Your last line... Simultaneous hilarity and sadness

UT needs someone or a group of someones in the State legislature to become a champion of UT football and let it be know in no uncertain terms that the money train to UT will be curtailed if the UT Board doesn’t get their act together. The nonsensical amateur hour in Knoxville has become an embarrassment to the State’s flagship University and it ends now.

"Champions of politics" that's good!

Game day crew was talking about the struggling traditional powerhouses and I found it odd Tennessee wasn’t mentioned. Texas USC and Michigan made the list. I don’t think the national media think the Pruitt situation is as dire as people hereare making it. Jmo

This misery pyramid starts and ends with Fulmer. Fulmer may like UT at this point, but he loves and adores Fulmer, period. He's got the mil coming in and it will take the jaws of life to get him out at this point. Only when it's obvious that it won't cost him personally will Fulmer take any action whatsoever.

Until then be ready for a lot of workin like heck to get better, and nothing else.

OjI1I59CSJY92ep0sz.gif

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

John Chavis saved Fulmer just as much as Cutcliffe did

Reactions: Mightyvol
I’d like Cut but I’m not sure if he’s too old. I know this thing never happens but if Pruitt and Cut basically split coaching duties we’d be on to something. Pruitt isn’t worthless but he is when it comes down to offensive decision making of any sort.

Game day crew was talking about the struggling traditional powerhouses and I found it odd Tennessee wasn’t mentioned. Texas USC and Michigan made the list. I don’t think the national media think the Pruitt situation is as dire as people hereare making it. Jmo
It's probably because these programs have had success in the last 10 years. We have been so bad for so long that we do not even rate a consideration as a traditional powerhouse.

VN Store

Back