What will our record be this year?

MississippiVol

I don't know about you guys, but personally, I'm going to go with anywhere from 8-3 to 7-4. IF, and that is a big IF things fall our way, possibly 9-2, but whatever our regular season record is, one thing I really want this year is A BOWL GAME WIN. I don't care which one it is, but I want to see us win it this year. The past 2 bowl performances have been very embarrasing. As far as the regular season goes, we will beat UNLV, La. Tech, Alabama (although Bama will probably give us a H*** of a game), Notre Dame, Vandy, and Kentucky. Probable loss, Georgia. Toss-ups, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss (God I hope we win that game since I've lived in Mississippi all my life. If we didn't , I'd never hear the end of it. :blink: ), and South Carolina.

I really want the bowl win.

The only game that scares me is UGA on the road.

I believe we'll defeat Bama and Florida at home.

Of course there's usually a flluke loss...

9-2 sounds good to me...

And a bowl win....

I'll take that.

Of course let's just go undefeated. Fun.

I think Ron Zook is going to do whatever it takes to beat us this year. I feel like his job is on the line if he loses to us again, so, our boys will really have to be UP for the Florida game, even though we play at home.
Georgia has our beloved coach's number. I don't look for a win against them because it's a road game and UGA has the advantage with a winning streak against us to preserve.
I think this season rests in the hands of our defense. We clearly do not have a Tennessee-caliber quarterback (yet) and other coaches are going to exploit that.
We DO however , have some excellent receivers and running backs if what I read about them is true. So MAYBE the offense will do their part too. I have never made it a secret how I feel about Randy Sanders and his play callling - the man has simply lost the vision and hunger that existed before the glorious 1998 season.
Having said all that, I will say this - I love the Vols win or lose. I will watch or listen to every game possible, defend the team when they're down and brag about em' when they're up. I will wear my vol gear to work on Fridays proudly and try to instill in my child a love for Tennessee football. My blood runs orange and my heart beats to the rhythm of Rocky Top. I CANNOT wait for football season!!!

GOOOOOO VOLS!!!!

Lady in Orange, The reason why Sanders hasn't shown the vision and hunger since the '98 season is because, simply, he's never had it. Cutcliffe was the one calling the plays up until the Title Game.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 16, 2004 1:36 PM
I think Ron Zook is going to do whatever it takes to beat us this year. I feel like his job is on the line if he loses to us again, so, our boys will really have to be UP for the Florida game, even though we play at home.
Georgia has our beloved coach's number. I don't look for a win against them because it's a road game and UGA has the advantage with a winning streak against us to preserve.
I think this season rests in the hands of our defense. We clearly do not have a Tennessee-caliber quarterback (yet) and other coaches are going to exploit that.
We DO however , have some excellent receivers and running backs if what I read about them is true. So MAYBE the offense will do their part too. I have never made it a secret how I feel about Randy Sanders and his play callling - the man has simply lost the vision and hunger that existed before the glorious 1998 season.
Having said all that, I will say this - I love the Vols win or lose. I will watch or listen to every game possible, defend the team when they're down and brag about em' when they're up. I will wear my vol gear to work on Fridays proudly and try to instill in my child a love for Tennessee football. My blood runs orange and my heart beats to the rhythm of Rocky Top. I CANNOT wait for football season!!!

GOOOOOO VOLS!!!!

Good post, and personally, I wear my Tennessee stuff to work EVERY Friday; winter, spring, summer, and fall.

I think we will struggle this year a bit more then people realize. Now when I say struggle I mean at worse 7-8 wins. I just don't see our QB being that great next year and even though we have a solid OL and a great RB (under-rated, IMO), I dont see us beating UGA because IMO they are flat out better and its at their place and I see us losing 1-2 other games but I am not sure when

VN Store

Back