What will our old friend Shoop dial up for us?

Yea, I forgot about that guy, but anyways, maybe Chaney will dial up some against him.

Well this isnā€™t a ā€œcoach for your job gameā€ so the Vols should be able to do what they want.

4.5 a carryn
98th in pass defense

That tells me they wonā€™t be able to cover Jennings and Gray should have a hell of a game. Yes, in my opinion Tennessee should rotate that much until State proves they can stop the run

Coming off a bye week plus he has tape on Maurer. Add to that a likely desire to make a statement to UT and our fans, and I'd guess he will have MSU looking all world on defense.

UT better find a running game to take the pressure off Maurer. I'd hate to think we have to throw it 30-40 times on Saturday. If we do, Maurer might not make it through the game in one piece.

Reactions: savannahfan
Blitz, blitz, blitz and oh did I mention blitz
If heā€™s watching the tape on Maurer heā€™ll go with a 4 man rush and try to identify the primary receiver on the play (donā€™t they always?). Maurer doesnā€™t go deep in the progression, which isnā€™t surprising for a freshman, and he had a hard time against Georgia (something like 1-10 for 0 yards and an interception for one stretch) when they figured it out.

Reactions: vols72
Coming off a bye week plus he has tape on Maurer. Add to that a likely desire to make a statement to UT and our fans, and I'd guess he will have MSU looking all world on defense.

UT better find a running game to take the pressure off Maurer. I'd hate to think we have to throw it 30-40 times on Saturday. If we do, Maurer might not make it through the game in one piece.

You donā€™t correct 4.5 a carry in a week.
Shoop might want to make a statement but itā€™d be in his best interest to play good pass defense and not give up chunk plays...

They havenā€™t played anyone like Jennings and are 98th in pass defense. Iā€™m sure with a steady mix of Chandler/Gray Tennessee will do well.

You donā€™t correct 4.5 a carry in a week.
Shoop might want to make a statement but itā€™d be in his best interest to play good pass defense and not give up chunk plays...

They havenā€™t played anyone like Jennings and are 98th in pass defense. Iā€™m sure with a steady mix of Chandler/Gray Tennessee will do well.

Really hope you're right. Having said that, this is UT and this old boy is gonna stay cupped up.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Really hope you're right. Having said that, this is UT and this old boy is gonna stay cupped up.
Always.
In fact, we should have a Dixie cup night for the boys and sports bra night for the girls at Neyland. It ainā€™t exactly checkering. But, right now, itā€™s needed.

At this point why worry about being wrong? With the things we did well against Georgia I think weā€™ll be ok against State.

I'd hate to think we have to throw it 30-40 times on Saturday.

I'd be pleased as punch of UT ran 70+ offensive plays and half of those were pass plays, especially if they score 5+ times (at least one more than Miss State). Balanced attack, 5 or more drives ending in scores, victory... Yeah, buddy! GBO!

Reactions: CAVPUT

VN Store

Back