What was our problem the last few years?

Epic fail at QB position post Dobbs. So far we are looking for someone besides Chryst to complete his eligibility at this school.

Dormady
Hill
JG
Shrout

Epic fail at QB position post Dobbs. So far we are looking for someone besides Chryst to complete his eligibility at this school.

Dormady
Hill
JG
Shrout

Bad tackling. Zero pass rush. Cant cover the middle of the field. Subpar OL play. Cant cover a slant. Cant lineup correctly on defense. Poorly run routes.

Dang why can’t our QBs do these things right???

Bad tackling. Zero pass rush. Cant cover the middle of the field. Subpar OL play. Cant cover a slant. Cant lineup correctly on defense. Poorly run routes.

Dang why can’t our QBs do these things right???
That was the easy answer. But you’re right it’s a long list.

The coaching staff was a dysfunctional unit, and that permeated the entire team in many ways. Pruitt is a fantastic DC, but has not learned how to be successful as a HC. He micromanaged and there was much infighting among the staff. The players pick up on that, and it was a cancer that spread quickly after the UGA game. It all falls on the HC. I expect this next coaching staff to have this team looking much different, Don’t know how many games they will win, but I’m very optimistic they will look to be better coached team.

The coaching staff was a dysfunctional unit, and that permeated the entire team in many ways. Pruitt is a fantastic DC, but has not learned how to be successful as a HC. He micromanaged and there was much infighting among the staff. The players pick up on that, and it was a cancer that spread quickly after the UGA game. It all falls on the HC. I expect this next coaching staff to have this team looking much different, Don’t know how many games they will win, but I’m very optimistic they will look to be better coached team.

Robert Gillespie, Terry Fair, Tyson Helton, Tracey Rocker, Jimmy Brumbaugh just off the top of my head

I agree with Fulmer being put in a tough spot. But Fulmer shouldn't of been there to begin with. The never been a.d hiring a guy that had never been a head coach was a big risk to begin with.

His hire failed because of recruiting violations and a bad year amid co-vid19. Yeah CPF made Co-vid happen and killed Kennedy. I'm so sick of people getting on CPF's back and down playing what he meant to the University. And those that think Majors would have won a Natty at UT are delusional at best. CJM was good at his peak but after his health issues he wasn't the man to lead UT.

with sanctions, don't hold your breath on 8 or 9 wins...

as soon as sanctions come down, Heupel's contract goes out to 2028.. he will get 5 years to hit that 8 win mark IMO..
So you guess about 2 years of sanctions then and how long will it take the NCAA to announce it?

The way I see it is, three bad hires in a row spelled doom. We found out after Dooley left he didn't build any relationships with HS coaches, some highly rated players coaches didn't even know who was recruiting for TN, then we find out how arrogant and unliked they were in athletic department. Jones was another in over his head and wouldn't listen to his assistants because HE was the head coach and it was his decision! Any good leader will hire good people around them and use them and their years of experience to benefit the organization. Same for Pruitt. You can work for Saban but that doesn't mean you can coach like him. He's the boss, but I'm sure he lets his assistants do their jobs. No way Saban keeps playing a QB after 4 pick sixes, he changed at halftime in a NC game! He also brought Kiffin in and let him change his offense after complaining for years about spread offenses. His way is not working, he makes changes. We kept doing the same thing and expected different results. They simply weren't ready to lead an SEC team.

So you guess about 2 years of sanctions then and how long will it take the NCAA to announce it?

I think we take 2 year bowl ban. lose multiple ships per year for X years.. 3 years maybe. really a WAG.

Not sure how fast. If NCAA says ok, could be within months after we produce findings. Maybe they can negotiate a joint announcement. But if the NCAA wants to look further, we will be looking years.

hard to guess at what happens with the unknown on severity of violations. From Plowman it sounds really bad. It is really discouraging that she was expecting report with days and yet here we are still waiting. That is scary to me

I think we take 2 year bowl ban. lose multiple ships per year for X years.. 3 years maybe. really a WAG.

Not sure how fast. If NCAA says ok, could be within months after we produce findings. Maybe they can negotiate a joint announcement. But if the NCAA wants to look further, we will be looking years.

hard to guess at what happens with the unknown on severity of violations. From Plowman it sounds really bad. It is really discouraging that she was expecting report with days and yet here we are still waiting. That is scary to me
I hope they act faster than the Wade-Auburn case. We need to hope the decisions come quickly and know when we have the opportunity to climb out of this mess.

Has a Firing Squad been ruled out, just asking for a friend of Pruitt’s, Aight

This has probably been already mentioned. Too much JG and our front 7 without a pass rush plus Secondary cannot cover. Why because of front 7

I just wonder how much longer NCAA will even ban bowl games as punishment?! Non playoff bowls seem unimportant to most now as so many players opt out cause they want to go to NFL. Teams are losing bowl games without players that got them there.

VN Store

Back