What Top Tier Coaches Would Come To Tennessee Right Now ?

So to anyone who thinks no top tier coach would come to Tennessee right now, please explain how you know with any certainty they wont? If someones knows for certain, please produce your credible proof that supports your statement.

Meyer, Harbaugh, Saban aren't leaving to come to Tennessee. I'd highly doubt they'd even pick up the phone. Our AD will have to go for "good" coaches like Miles, Chip Kelly, Strong, the list goes on. We aren't ever going to get a slam dunk hire unless Gruden comes calling.

Reactions: 1 person
I predict Jones will be here 2 more years and both years will be losing seasons.

Will the Vols will remain in purgatory as long as red face cliche boy is HC ?

Meyer, Harbaugh, Saban aren't leaving to come to Tennessee. I'd highly doubt they'd even pick up the phone. Our AD will have to go for "good" coaches like Miles, Chip Kelly, Strong, the list goes on. We aren't ever going to get a slam dunk hire unless Gruden comes calling.

or Belichick.

Good points but not proof, only opinion. My point is this, nobody knows what coach would or wouldnt come to Tennessee unless they were asked. So this whole talk like no top tier coach would come to Tennessee right now being spoken like its an undeniable fact is just demonstrably wrong.

Good points but not proof, only opinion. My point is this, nobody knows what coach would or wouldnt come to Tennessee unless they were asked. So this whole talk like no top tier coach would come to Tennessee right now being spoken like its an undeniable fact is just demonstrably wrong.

Ohio St, Michigan, Bama'a boosters would be able to match any bid that Tennessee throws at them. The only way we ever get a proven big time HC is if they walk away on their own. There's only a handful coaches out there that can hang with Saban and they're all pretty much settled at those schools that I just mentioned above.

So to anyone who thinks no top tier coach would come to Tennessee right now, please explain how you know with any certainty they wont? If someones knows for certain, please produce your credible proof that supports your statement.

Exhibit 1:
Tennessee Administration

Exhibit 2:

Tennessee Boosters

When Kelley had a fully loaded team at Oregon he could not beat Bama. Oh he looked good going thru the pack ten but couldn't cut mustard when it counted. Besides you will never out bid Nike for him to get back to Oregon.

Saban and Spurrier proved they could do it against defenses in the SEC. Chip Kelley gained fame in a non-defense conference. Plus he left Orgeon before the NCAA come calling. Is that what Tennessee needs? How is Tennessee's luck with NCAA issues ?

When Kelley had a fully loaded team at Oregon he could not beat Bama. Oh he looked good going thru the pack ten but couldn't cut mustard when it counted. Besides you will never out bid Nike for him to get back to Oregon.

Some of the things people say on here are mind-boggling.

#1 - Oregon has never played Alabama. Ever.

#2 - When Oregon played Auburn (which I'm hoping is what you meant), it was 2 undefeated teams against each other in BCS National Championship Game. Auburn had Cam Newton, and Oregon lost 22-19.

Last edited:
Saban, Meyer, Stoops, Kelly or even Gruden?

We can win 9 games for the second year in a row (69% of games) vs 68% historical average

We play a top 5 schedule every year that includes teams like Alabama, Florida, USCe, and Georgia (teams that have more SEC instate recruits than us)

We have an irrational fanbase that would fire the Pope if he didn't cover the point spread out of pity vs Holy Cross for the Blind

Did I mention that we don't have an AD?

So do you guys really think we should be talking about firing a coach that will have as many wins this year as every other SEC team not named Alabama?

ZERO...NONE!...The same amount as the last 2 coaching searches...Hell when your getting turned down by the Air Force coach then you got problems.

When was that? Oregon played auburn as I remember.

We're willing to spend 100 million or more to renovate the stadium, but won't pay top dollar for a big time coach. If we hire a championship caliber coach, the money will be there to improve the Neyland. I just don't understand there way thinking.

VN Store

Back