What Tillman Had to Say

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
For you Vols fans who lack faith in our team, and find cause to either complain, criticize, or whine, or all three, this is what our man Cedric Tillman had to say. BTW, I believe him, had we executed, we'd have pulled off a TAM style upset. Even Saban knew it and darn nigh lost his head.

Another painful refrain came later, offered by wide receiver Cedric Tillman after the loss: "There was no doubt in our mind that we had them in the fourth quarter. Lack of execution is what happened. There's no more moral victories. Little details have stopped us from winning a couple more games this year." [Source: Nichols: Vols Left Gasping For Air Against Alabama, But Refusal to Quit Shows Plenty of Pulse]

Last edited:
the difference in this game was lack of execution by the offense. We had too many third and shorts not get converted and then putting the defense back on the field. The defense have played enough snaps in the last 2 games to have played 3 games last year. The defense just finally wore out in the fourth quarter and gave up 28 points.

For you Vols fans who lack faith in our team, and find cause to either complain, criticize, or whine, or all three, this is what our man Cedric Tillman had to say. BTW, I believe him, had we executed, we'd have pulled off a TAM style upset. Even Saban knew it and darn nigh lost his head.

Another painful refrain came later, offered by wide receiver Cedric Tillman after the loss: "There was no doubt in our mind that we had them in the fourth quarter. Lack of execution is what happened. There's no more moral victories. Little details have stopped us from winning a couple more games this year." [Source: Nichols: Vols Left Gasping For Air Against Alabama, But Refusal to Quit Shows Plenty of Pulse]

I applaud the team's confidence and effort and am extremely proud of them and the coaching staff but we just didn't have enough player talent to win this one. To me the most glaring discrepancy was at the line of scrimmage....their defensive line was too strong and too fast for our offfensive line to handle.

I applaud the team's confidence and effort and am extremely proud of them and the coaching staff but we just didn't have enough player talent to win this one. To me the most glaring discrepancy was at the line of scrimmage....their defensive line was too strong and too fast for our offfensive line to handle.

Also, don't overlook the fact their RBs and WRs are strong sonuvaguns. Colliding with them was a literally pain for our guys, hauling them to the ground often required 2-3 players. Even then, they gobbled up chunks and chunks of yardage. Those guys are strong.

Also, don't overlook the fact their RBs and WRs are strong sonuvaguns. Colliding with them was a literally pain for our guys, hauling them to the ground often required 2-3 players. Even then, they gobbled up chunks and chunks of yardage. Those guys are strong.

Agree. They have 4-5 star talent 3 deep at every position.

the difference in this game was lack of execution by the offense. We had too many third and shorts not get converted and then putting the defense back on the field. The defense have played enough snaps in the last 2 games to have played 3 games last year. The defense just finally wore out in the fourth quarter and gave up 28 points.
I'm not saying the defense wasn't tired, but the pick and failed 4th down conversion in Bama territory was the main cause for that

And that is because we haven’t had a healthy OL for ages now. That is what has ultimately done us in the last two weeks. The Heupel offense gets started on the run game and we aren’t getting the push up front.

Respectfully and in full appreciation of the winning spirit of this group, I'm not real keen on the Outlook of a 20 y/o player's game analysis. Real differences showed up to our 60man roster. 1 TD difference in the 4th is commendable tho, no doubt.

Our walk on right OT did not “execute” against their two future NFL DT’s making it difficult for our second string injured RB to break through a non-existent hole.

Reactions: Samthebam
Respectfully and in full appreciation of the winning spirit of this group, I'm not real keen on the Outlook of a 20 y/o player's game analysis. Real differences showed up to our 60man roster. 1 TD difference in the 4th is commendable tho, no doubt.
I AM interested in the players taking accountability like that. My non interest is 90% of the "adult" talking heads who basically parrot each other.

I don’t count the pick 6 as points given up by the defense and question the TD following the failed 4th down in our own end of the field.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back