What the Mizzou peeps are saying...

Jesus, can no one in Missouri form a coherent sentence? Those first few posts in this thread are mind numbing....

"Many time people forgets that we have new OC that ALL the Sec laugh at us saying he won’t be good. We will see he come in and do good job with players and it will be great for Odoms and for the entire stage of Missouri. I know this because I’ve been a fan for this and that is what we do."

But they are SEC champs at virtue signaling and protesting. That has to count for something...

"Many time people forgets that we have new OC that ALL the Sec laugh at us saying he won’t be good. We will see he come in and do good job with players and it will be great for Odoms and for the entire stage of Missouri. I know this because I’ve been a fan for this and that is what we do."

Me Bizzaro Mizzouro!

Go Vols!!!

Last edited:
I consider Kentucky to be in the south.

Missouri is not a Southern state. It is just a place kids go when they flunk out of Arkansas elementary schools.

Sweat shop jobs and cheap XL honey buns.

I live in Campbell County (i know thats doesnt help any case) and have worked with many guys from KY. When they say dumb stuff, i love to call them Yankees, when they claim south my retort is... “yall are from north of us... yankee!”

I don't think we should go down the grammar path, a'ight?

I think aight and yall are actual words here (in the REAL south. LOl) aside from the non sensical things qouted in original post.

Kentucky and Missouri were both border states during the civil war. Kentucky declared neutrality at the beginning of the war and never seceded from the Union. 35,000 Kentuckians served as Confederate soldiers and 125,000 served as Union soldiers. Missouri was controversial in that both the Union and Confederacy claimed the state. Missouri sent 30,000 soldiers to fight for the Confederacy and 110,000 to fight for the Union.

You tell me which is more southern.

Reactions: mikepotts
Kentucky and Missouri were both border states during the civil war. Kentucky declared neutrality at the beginning of the war and never seceded from the Union. 35,000 Kentuckians served as Confederate soldiers and 125,000 served as Union soldiers. Missouri was controversial in that both the Union and Confederacy claimed the state. Missouri sent 30,000 soldiers to fight for the Confederacy and 110,000 to fight for the Union.

AHHA! BOTH yankees!

Jesus, can no one in Missouri form a coherent sentence? Those first few posts in this thread are mind numbing....

It reads like an email scam from Senegal

Missouri is west of the Mississippi. It is neither "northern" or "southern". West of the Mississippi is a Western State.

Kentucky was not a major slave state. Neutrality was a good spot to be in for them.

Just like Tennessee. West and Central TN were heavily in favor of secession. East TN, no. The tone changed after Lincoln's call for volunteers to put down the "rebellion" after Ft. Sumter. That made the difference in TN.

Of the two, Kentucky gets the nod. I never did agree, and still don't, with having TXAM and Mizzou in the "Southeastern Conference". Neither one is a natural fit.

All about the money.

Go Vols.

Missouri is west of the Mississippi. It is neither "northern" or "southern". West of the Mississippi is a Western State.

Kentucky was not a major slave state. Neutrality was a good spot to be in for them.

Just like Tennessee. West and Central TN were heavily in favor of secession. East TN, no. The tone changed after Lincoln's call for volunteers to put down the "rebellion" after Ft. Sumter. That made the difference in TN.

Of the two, Kentucky gets the nod. I never did agree, and still don't, with having TXAM and Mizzou in the "Southeastern Conference". Neither one is a natural fit.

All about the money.

Go Vols.

Wasn't crazy about Arkansas and South Carolina but it fit the SEC. Missouri and Texas AM does not for sure.

All about the money.

Go Vols.

I read about that, remember somewhere Tennessee came close to actually dividing in two like Virginia and West Virginia

In fact, the town Gatlinburg is named after Rutherford Gatlin who changed the name from White Oak Flats to Gatlin’sburg because he got the post office placed in his store and didn’t tell the locals he decided to rename the town after himself. (He literally only lived there for five years)

No one liked him and when he was the lone vote in the county to secede from the Union as he was a confederate sympathizer. So he was literally run out of town because of his confederate sympathies.

Don’t mess with tennessee hillbilly’s!

Reactions: dduncan4163
I read about that, remember somewhere Tennessee came close to actually dividing in two like Virginia and West Virginia

In fact, the town Gatlinburg is named after Rutherford Gatlin who changed the name from White Oak Flats to Gatlin’sburg because he got the post office placed in his store and didn’t tell the locals he decided to rename the town after himself. (He literally only lived there for five years)

No one liked him and when he was the lone vote in the county to secede from the Union as he was a confederate sympathizer. So he was literally run out of town because of his confederate sympathies.

Story of Cades Cove man's death reveals divisions during Civil War
Story of Cades Cove man's death reveals divisions during Civil War

Mizzou fans are in over their head..they got a win or two and now think they are out of the basement of the SEC..what little relevance they have right now will be gone once Lock moves on after this season.

Pruitt has us moving in the right direction and we should be back competing for the east soon. Mizzou will continue to chase bowl eligibility with the SEC table scraps (vandy, USCe, UK, Arky). Heck it's amazing how irrelevant they are considering the get to play Arkansas every year, while we play Bama..

Yes there was almost a state of East Tennessee.

VN Store

Back