What stuck out to you today?

Right, I'm hearing some bad noise out of Knoxville, from a friend, and local sports reporter. Hooker and Mauer ARE solidly ahead of Bailey, coming out of spring. When Heupel mis-spoke, and said he felt both QB's faired well, he was speaking of Mauer and Hooker. My friend, gets the distinct impression that Bailey came out with a point to prove, because he sees the light at the end of the tunnel. According to him, he did not make enough of an impression to move into the 2 spot. and he thinks that Bailey will wind up transferring, mid-season or sooner. His feeling is that Heupel never really even considered Bailey, because he's not the type QB needed to run his system.
Don't shoot me the messenger!!
I play golf, and am a good friends with very well established long-time sports reporter, here in Kingsport. I hope like hell he's wrong.
I would never shoot a messenger. That’s all these other guys. There ARE some people that get inside info that has legs. There are others that only claim to know. Thank you for your insight

Reactions: kbear01
I would never shoot a messenger. That’s all these other guys. There ARE some people that get inside info that has legs. There are others that only claim to know. Thank you for your insight
And with Milton coming in, Bailey may be sitting at QB4, by kickoff. Just unlucky for HB. But, they should've let him transfer, when his dad suggested it. He'll do very well, somewhere else, in an out-dated, pro-style system.

Reactions: 1vol8
Ah figures. I don't recall who was covering him, but he caught it in stride and was gone. That's what we need. People running the right routes and the QB putting it on the money. The rest is BS.
It was number 36 and Jack only had 1step on him, plus he grabbed Jacks collar as the ball arrived. Perfect pass and catch no matter who is playing defense .

That's because they were....
part of the 2nd and most of the 3rd team were a bunch of walk-ons. Janceck had his big day against a bunch of Walk-ons. He caught long bombs from Maurer and Bailey....when he did he was being guarded by other walk-ons. Not Burrell....not Taylor. Hell not even Fields or Charles.

I'm really not understanding why people are not seeing who was 1st team defense against who was 2nd and 3rd...
Man just be quiet. 36 was all over Jack and was pulling on his collar. A perfect pass and catch is what it was. I like Brian to but your going way overboard here.

Man just be quiet. 36 was all over Jack and was pulling on his collar. A perfect pass and catch is what it was. I like Brian to but your going way overboard here.
So if Burrell was all over him like Wright supposedly was then Janceck would have caught it and stiff armed him for 73 yards to the HOUSE!!?

That's what you're saying.

It was at the speed of an easy up pass. Do you know what that is?? That's the 9 routes they run during warm ups.
But hey! It dudnt matta !! It was in the bread basket...so coo🥴

So if Burrell was all over him like Wright supposedly was then Janceck would have caught it and stiff armed him for 73 yards to the HOUSE!!?

That's what you're saying.

It was at the speed of an easy up pass. Do you know what that is?? That's the 9 routes they run during warm ups.
But hey! It dudnt matta !! It was in the bread basket...so coo🥴
It was a fly pattern on a free play and no stiff arm was necessary. That perfect pass play could make a victim out of any D back we have. That’s what I’m saying.

They saw the Guarantano INT on the Jumbotron.

What stood out to me inre to QB's was what I said about a month ago in a thread on here with hi-lites. On the short passes, H Hooker aims the ball or telegraphs and SEC DB's would eat him up. Case closed.

VN Store

Back