What sports moment broke your heart the worst?

When TN high school closures extended to April 24, essentially wiping out any hope of salvaging the baseball season.

Reactions: MAD
Seattle's loss to New England in the Superbowl. Well played game by both teams. New England stacked the line with all their beef, determined not to let Lynch punch it in. NE had stopped Lynch on several plays that day so a TD by Lynch was not a guarantee. Seattle opted to pass, NE rushed Butler into the game in the last seconds. Butler had been burned on some plays, allowing Seattle to be in the position to score. As it tuned out, NE made a great block in the endzone which freed Butler to make the interception. Seattle, a team that had struggled for many years to reach the playoffs came within a cats whisker of winning back to back Superbowls. Something non fans may not realize, Seattle has played in three Superbowls. Something a lot of teams can only dream about. I've been a fan since 1976

Usually I can follow your posts but this one took a detour...
David Greene had the ball on a final drive in 2004 and we stopped him to upset UGA. I believe we were 17 point underdogs in that game. Just in case anyone wants to watch a classic. Here ya go.

Ahh ok, thank you for clearing it up

On the opposite side of this thread. I will say that this was one of my favorite all time games I’ve ever attended. Especially factoring in that the 2003 UGA game at Neyland ranks among one the worst sports moments that I’ve attended. I haven’t seen many games that completely went sideways as quickly as the 2003 game.

I had a huge FL fan admit to me that Gaff-crap non catch was not a catch.....Then he said, it was just 2nd down and Ya'll wouldn't have stopped us 2 more downs anyway....I will not post here what I said to him, but it wasn't pleasant.

Till this day I don't remember how much time was left after they called the non catch a TD?

David Greene had the ball on a final drive in 2004 and we stopped him to upset UGA. I believe we were 17 point underdogs in that game. Just in case anyone wants to watch a classic. Here ya go.

I forgot that one too but i didnt forget the idiot commentator who coined the phrase 'hog nail boot" in 03 i believe. When Stephens took that screen the distance i honestly thought we stole one only to watch Greene drive for a game winner.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14 and MAD
I forgot that one too but i didnt forget the idiot commentator who coined the phrase 'hog nail boot" in 03 i believe. When Stephens took that screen the distance i honestly thought we stole one only to watch Greene drive for a game winner.
Ole Larry Munson coined that, but I think that one was in ‘01. Still ticks me off.

1991 World Series where the Braves lost to the Twins and Lonnie Smith should have scored on the Terry Pendleton double.

Morris and Smoltz pitched terrifically in Game 7 where Kirby Puckett robbed Ron Gant of a home run.

VN Store

Back