What sports moment broke your heart the worst?

1990 Bama game lost 9-6 and we had the much better team that season. That blocked kick must have rolled 40 yards it seemed setting up Philip Doyle’s game winning kick
Never in my life have I seen a ball go that far off a block. I’ll never forget It. It went from our 33 to their 33.

I will just go with the last 3, UT losses that broke my heart. In order, the Purdue game in the Sweet 16, last year. Man, that was a bullsh!t foul called on LaMonte Turner. The BYU game. Yeah, the Ga. St. game sucked, but UT needed several plays to win that game, we were only one play away from winning the BYU game and that hurts so much more, like that above Purdue game. Finally, the Auburn basketball game, this year at Auburn, where I believe at one point, UT was up 17. I used to love Pearl and root for him, even at Auburn. But, after last year when they should have been on probation and effed up our SEC Tourney Championship and their illegal Final 4 run, I can't stand that cheating/lying POS. Plus, if UT hangs on wins that game, they are at the least, a bubble team, imo. Although, of course, all that's a moot point, now

Reactions: ChattownVFL and MAD
It's hard to get over 2015 Florida. We dominated most of that game. When we went up by 13, I literally felt in my soul that the streak was over. I had to leave the house to go do something and I was in the passenger seat of a car. I decided to get on Twitter just to check and see if we had beat them even worse than by 13 only to see that they somehow took the lead and we barely missed a game winning FG. I was stunned.

Reactions: MAD
1990 loss to Bama by far the hardest loss ever for me
1990 Bama game lost 9-6 and we had the much better team that season. That blocked kick must have rolled 40 yards it seemed setting up Philip Doyle’s game winning kick
I still havent seen a football do what it did in that game since then.

Never in my life have I seen a ball go that far off a block. I’ll never forget It. It went from our 33 to their 33.
. It was crazy I was at that game only 12 years old with my Dad he was so pissed after that game. That loss might have cost us a National championship shot.

The sweet 16 loss to Purdue, and the second round loss to sister jean loyola Chicago pissed me off pretty bad.
Heart breaking was the 2015 Florida game after being up 27-14. That one bothered me more than the franks Hail Mary.

Reactions: oz615 and MAD
. It was crazy I was at that game only 12 years old with my Dad he was so pissed after that game. That loss might have cost us a National championship shot.
We were #3 going in and Notre Dame has already lost that day. Virginia was still #1, but they flamed out at the end of the year.

93 FSU beats UF in the Swamp on a Charlie Ward to Warrick Dunn 70-something yard TD pass

95 slaughter to Nebraska in the national title game.

2001 Tennessee wins in the Swamp. Best Florida team to not win a title. Too bad playoffs weren’t around then, UF and UT were the two best teams in the nation, both absolutely stacked with talent.

Reactions: MAD and MikeVol44

I was there, too. I was only 7, so this could be one of those memories that's been clouded by time, but I remember hearing the ball bounce of Stacy Harrison's hand. I'm not sure if that's even possible.

I was there, too. I was only 7, so this could be one of those memories that's been clouded by time, but I remember hearing the ball bounce of Stacy Harrison's hand. I'm not sure if that's even possible.
I think Johnny Majors said he had never seen a football roll and bounce so far.

This is mine
2016 Texas A&M 2 OT loss
Dobbs interception ends the game

2004 or 2007 SEC Championship.

Win either of those and Fulmer survives 2008 and we find out if firing him was better decision. Maybe we let him go with winning 04, but no way we fire him one season after winning the league less than a year earlier.

01 SECCG. 96 Memphis, 15 OU, and God knows how many Florida games were rough, but that 01 LSU loss still stings. Not sure we would have beaten Miami (doubt we would have) but all I could think as I watched Nebraska get pummeled was how I knew we were a lot better team than they were.

I just watched that ending, Majors had 2 time outs, he could have tried to save a little time for us to try to make a FG or at least ice the kicker, he did neither.
. Yep that was one of the most head scratching disappointing losses to Bama for sure. Majors had some big wins but could stink it up too some games, games we should’ve won and were the better team.

This one actually didn’t bother me as much as it should have. We were on Kyle Field against #8, College Gameday, and it took us 7 turnovers to lose in 2OT. This was exactly what a Top 10 matchup should have been, and I walked away from that loss knowing we were the better team.

2015 Florida hit me really hard. We had that game in the bag, the streak was over, Butch went from my hero to the guy that will never win here in 1 quarter.
All we needed was one first down. Game Over! GRRRRRRR! Stupid Coach is Stupid!

VN Store

Back