What sports moment broke your heart the worst?

The 9-6 loss to AL in '90.

Just the way it went down. Ranked #3 and lining up for the go-ahead FG with under 2 mins to go. It was such a defensive struggle there was no chance AL was going to make it into FG range for the tie. Even if TN missed the kick it wouldn't be a loss but to have it blocked back into AL territory, close enough for them to kick the game-winner, then doing so with only seconds left.......

I think that game broke me as a fan.
Yeah, Ghost, see my post right after yours above, but the '90 game was third on my list.

Reactions: MAD
Tie: a) most important heartbreaker-2001 SECCG and b) overall heartbreaker-UT vs. alabama in 1972 (the last 1:58)

I was too young for the '72 game (born in '67) and the '90 game was the one that cured me of being such an obnoxious jerk after losses. I'd been told that I was no fun to be around after a loss until Wed. of the next week when I ramped up for the next game.

I agree that the '01 SECCG was arguably the most heartbreaking but because of the '90 game I started letting losses go immediately so by then it was "meh".

With the '90 game being at Neyland I felt like I owed Roger Shultz a bad day for that "property tax" crack after it.

This is mine
2016 Texas A&M 2 OT loss
Dobbs interception ends the game

Brutal loss.. especially considering we still had a chance to win the game after like 6 TO's that game. That game was ultimately just a sneak peak at what was to be an underwhelming year with a team with that much talent.. Thanks Butch.

Personally my most brutal losses in the past few years have been the last minute losses at UF. 2 games we should have left with a W and somehow our DB's can't tackle/keep WR in front of them. Just completely inexcusable plays. And then we also have the 2015 @ home against OU. A game that truly showed Butch flat out can't coach in the big games. He got so complacent with a small lead in the 2nd half and wanted to do nothing but get the clock to zero. Instead of going out there to play to win he completely folded and called the most butt puckered conservative game I've ever seen. Ill never forget how predictable our play calling became and how we literally had Dobbs roll out and fall to the ground. As a fan, watching that unfold in front of you and finally realizing we have an absolute phony of a coach leading our team was truly heartbreaking.

01 seccg. Yeah....
96 Memphis. He was down
90 bama and ND. Only games I went to that season and they sucked
94 UCLA. Not sure I realized why at the time
2015 UF. Was so sure I was finally going to see a win in the swamp
2000 UF and 2001 UGA. Was living out west and used what little money I had to fly back to one game each season. I sure can pick them huh?

2001 SEC Championship Game
2007 SEC Championship Game
Game vs. LSU with 13 men on the field
Music City Bowl vs. UNC with more than 11 men on the field (the same year)
Terrance Cody blocking the winning field goal in 2009.
Pig Howard fumbling out of the end zone against UGA in 2013.
Florida beating a 4th and 26(?) to beat us?
BYU this year (was there, that one hurt)
Georgia State

I can't keep doing this. My heart hurts.

VN Store

Back