What Pitt Panther fans are saying about our Vols

We have two very different ideas on what constitutes football ignorance. One could argue that anyone who tries to claim Milton is our best QB on the roster lacks even a basic, elementary understanding of the game.

For me, football ignorance means having a view of the game so surficial that you are having highly subjective conversations about one roster spot of one phase after one game when we need improvement from everyone who played in all three phases.

Edited if I cant say something nice I'll just keep quiet..
Not a bad ideal to live by. I’m not sure why everyone is hating on Milton and praising Bailey. Just watch baileys high lights and he does the same thing, he just has thrown a better long ball in his play. That isn’t enough, ask Tyler Bray.

Kentucky's 1st week opponent is about on line with BG but folks are praising them. That's alright let em go at it, I like this underdog role. It's gonna be nice when we come out and whip Pitt! GBO!!!!!!
Yeah but Kentucky's offense looked solid. They were marginal at best last year like UT. Tenn had 4 plays of 40yds or longer & Kentucky had 3. We had 1 play of 40 yards Thursday night and they had 3 in the first half. Their QB hit his WR's in stride. I thought Tennessee was going to look like what I saw from Kentucky. It was only 1 game and I believe B.G. is better than what people think they are. 🤷

Does Heupel know more about the quarterback position than Bill Cowher? Because Cowher drafted Tee Martin instead of Tom Brady. Does he know more about QBs than Brian Billick? Billick drafted Chris Redman over Brady. Does he know more about QBs than Steve Mariucci? Mariucci drafted Giovanni Carmazzi over Brady. By your logic, all of those decisions were perfect and unquestionable because they were made by accomplished NFL coaches.

Here's a challenge for you: come back on here Sunday, or better yet three or four weeks from now, and tell me who's foolish.
And if all those really smart football coaches can be so wrong, just think how AMAZINGLY, astoundingly, magnificently, COMPLETELY wrong you and I can be. Right? :)

Only some of us aren't even smart enough to recognize and admit that....

Reactions: bigorange
And if all those really smart football coaches can be so wrong, just think how AMAZINGLY, astoundingly, magnificently, COMPLETELY wrong you and I can be. Right? :)
We dont get paid ...... They do and it is why they get fired every 3 to 4 years. That is the point. You act like it is no big deal. Reality says its HUGE to get it right

We dont get paid ...... They do and it is why they get fired every 3 to 4 years. That is the point. You act like it is no big deal. Reality says its HUGE to get it right
You're missing the point. The point is, who are we to know whether or not they're getting it right, one game into a rebuild? First game of the first season of a new coaching staff and largely new roster, and we're suddenly omniscient, and Josh Heupel is a dummy?

All those on this board who think they're smarter than Heupel about this, they're the ones who brought us into the equation.

Come on, man. That's flat out hubris. Pig-headed hubris.

You're missing the point. The point is, who are we to know whether or not they're getting it right, one game into a rebuild? First game of the first season of a new coaching staff and largely new roster, and we're suddenly omniscient, and Josh Heupel is a dummy?

All those on this board who think they're smarter than Heupel about this, they're the ones who brought us into the equation.

Come on, man. That's flat out hubris. Pig-headed hubris.
If you can objectively look at Milton and his performance and present what has changed ? Did you happen to see the only QB he isnt worse than is the kid from Vandy ? Or the other article from Vegas that said he at best is the 12th best QB out of 14 in this conference. You can choose to dream about rainbows and sunshine. I think he is what he is. Dream Big

If we do at defense, then I am happy. I think coach can scheme around 'slow' WRs, but if you get outrun on the otherside of the ball, it's game over.

Like Bobby Bowden said: "If you don't score, I win."

Well...I am relating it just to the Pitt game.

I think the DBs can make some plays against Pitt and the d line as well.

While that is all true, we have another guy in Milton that has made no improvemnt over his 4 years of college ball at a D1 Top 10 All Time Program. At this point in time nothing has changed in career except the color of his jersey. Everyone including Guarantano was ready to move on. He still gets trashed by many and he isn't even here. Excuse me if some of us aren't blind to that fact. Just more of the same
I think Milton needs a bigger sample size under Josh Heuple and in an orange uniform before I’m going to think we need to start making big changes. I think we finally have our first good leader of a head coach since Fulmer and I’m going to trust him on what to do with the QB’s given his track record.

We got no respect in 98 either. Media wanted KSU. They didn't want FSU, but would have rather had anyone except the Hillbillies from Knoxville. No one beloved ee would win. Respect in gained on the field of play. The rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We got no respect in 98 either. Media wanted KSU. They didn't want FSU, but would have rather had anyone except the Hillbillies from Knoxville. No one beloved ee would win. Respect in gained on the field of play. The rest will take care of itself.

Yeh I remember feeling that resistance . It took some upsets of OSU, UCLA, and Kstate or we'd have surely been robbed . We were definitely not first choice of the media.

You have a strange sense of reality. You mention Bailey's play in the OW game - as though he has never played an actual game, when in fact he played five games last year. While he wasn't perfect in those games, he was miles and miles ahead of what we saw from Milton Thursday. His stats were markedly better, he looked better, and he was playing against far tougher competition.

If you can explain why Milton's 47% completion rate and complete and utter lack of fundamentals against Bowling Green are better than Bailey's 70.6% completion rate and sound fundamentals against UF and A&M and Auburn, I'm all ears. But you can't, and neither can our new HC, which is why so many of us are upset.

I about died laughing when you said Bailey was miles and miles ahead of Milton last year. He did nothing of real note last year. His completion percentage is higher because most of his passes were dink and dunks. Bailey was underwhelming last year, period. Milton was underwhelming in game one this year. I'ma leave it to the HC who he thinks is better. CJH is not CJP. Now if Milton doesn't improve as the year goes along and he still blindly plays him, then fine. But that hasn't happened yet. So chill. Bailey is third string for a reason.

Put three Vol fans in a room and you'll get five different opinions. Does it surprise anyone that the belly achers are out before this coach really gets started? I doubt it. And believe me, there are enough of you to supply you with your impressive number of 'likes'..lol
Or maybe we just know another bargain bin coach when we see one.

I can’t wait to find out. But all that matters is either Milton utilizes his weapons and skill set or we hope Bailey or hooker can do better. Right now, Bailey is not doing and has not done enough to warrant starting.
That’s a lie and you know it.

For me, football ignorance means having a view of the game so surficial that you are having highly subjective conversations about one roster spot of one phase after one game when we need improvement from everyone who played in all three phases.
Football ignorance doesn’t get any greater than the above. Anyone who thinks Milton is the answer after Thursday night has zero comprehension of the game of football.

Reactions: vavolfan6

Only some of us aren't even smart enough to recognize and admit that....
You don’t even try to be honest. I disproved your argument so you tried to change the question. I think I’ll make my first use of the ignore feature because your words are not needing of my time.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Football ignorance doesn’t get any greater than the above. Anyone who thinks Milton is the answer after Thursday night has zero comprehension of the game of football.

Where in the world are all these “Milton is the answer posts” you are seeing? Are you just trolling us here?

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Where in the world are all these “Milton is the answer posts” you are seeing? Are you just trolling us here?
That's what anyone who claims he's the best option is saying. It doesn't take high-level reading comprehension. There have only been hundreds of said mindless posts in the last week: "He has to be the best option or the coaches wouldn't be playing him."

VN Store

Back