What Other Message Boards are Saying-Post Signing Day (Florida)

Lol brother multiple people here have said Mehlen is a fine coach.

Do you need someone to hold your hand?

Don’t bother, he’ll chew on that bone until there’s nothing but remnants. Multiple have responded with the same opinions, but hey, we’ll still get the same backhanded compliments in the beginning, before it slides into the “Mullen has gotten all the elite commits instate and would in any state”. Boring. 😴

My information was coming from Rivals. I’ve already addressed most of your post in other answers, so try and get caught up if you can. I will help you out on a few things. Did Anthony Harris stay in UT’s 2019 recruiting class, because I read that he was academically ineligible and had to go to JUCO. Harris and McBride make two, so again, where do you re-rank UT’s class having lost those two? It was a small class to begin with, you only netted 19 players, one less than Florida netted, yet y’all are trying to sell how cataclysmic UF’s losses were that year.

Last thing, Florida by far, signed the most and best players from Florida as an aggregate. Sure, Bama and Clemson and UGA and others plucked a few, as they’ve done since recruiting has been followed. Florida got 11 of the top 54 on Rivals and 16 of the top 100. 64% of UF’s class are Florida kids.

By the way, while y’all are attempting (unsuccessfully) to dump on Mullen for his in-state recruiting, Mullen got as many top players from Florida as Pruitt did from Tennessee. 😂

According to Rivals, Pruitt only singed 9 of the top 40 players in Tennessee. Applying the same logic you and Bass are applying to Mullen, Pruitt got “owned” in his own state. Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma, TexAM and even Kentucky plucked dudes from the top 10 in Tennessee.

Look, this is too easy for me, let me help y’all out. Florida AND Tennessee had very solid recruiting classes this cycle. Both closed the gap v Georgia. Would both fan bases liked to have gotten a few more and landed a top 3 class, of course. But both classes are good enough, with coaching and developing, to compete for the SEC East.

So, my comments were intended to point out errors you made in various posts in this thread (while you were telling Bass he wasn’t trying to be factual) and to ask you a question to learn if you were correct on one other detail that I frankly have doubts about. You didn’t answer my question, and basically sent a condescending response here that didn’t correct any of your errors, or explain any of your points better. So, it’s time to get out of this rabbit hole.
Friendly advice: if your wife is getting annoyed with you staying on the phone/computer too much, get off!!

Last edited:
I’ll take your word for it that he hasn’t mined a bunch or 2 and 3 stars. I know he’s won 2 national titles and more ACC titles than I can count, and he’s long past needing to find diamonds in the ruff. I hate to bring it up, but if you’re looking for a dude who did a helluva job finding 2-3 stars and developing them into players and NFL draft picks, Dan Mullen has a whole bunch of that from his Miss State days.

But I know he’s hated here and he’ll never get any credit for that (from most). Some are willing to see that.
Well the subject was EVALUATING PLAYERS between Dabo and Pruitt. I know it’s a bisch trusting recruiting services over which 5 star to offer. 😏 Don’t remember slighting Mullen in that aspect. He needed to be able to sight lower rated talent and develop it at Mississippi State because he wasn’t going to land higher rated talent. Dak Prescott greatest example.

I’m not ignoring it, I disagree with it, because we have NO IDEA if it is true. Nobody will ever know how Mullen would have recruited at Tennessee. Everyone else is trying to lay out facts, you and one or two others are talking conjecture and speculation and hypotheticals.

I think Mullen would have done just as good as Pruitt at UT, maybe better, because UT is NOT a tough place to recruit to, great facilities, great town, tradition, fans, all that. PLUS, Mullen is a damn good coach and kids want to play for good coaches. If Derek Freaking Dooley and Butch Jones can hover around the top 10 at Tennessee, Dan Mullen can take it to top 5, in my opinion.

But again, we’ll NEVER know.

Hard to think he’d do better recruiting at UT. I think his classes have been better than expected and helped dramatically by Miami and FSU being at historical lows

The number of players leaving before even a year into the program would be very concerning if I were a Florida fan. Counting on transfers so much at a school like Florida also concerning

Just seems like the type of situation where the cupboard could be pretty bare when he leaves and depth could be a real issue

But he’s a good coach and can certainly win without needing the level of talent I am used to seeing at Florida

VN Store

Back