What Other Message Boards are Saying-Post Signing Day (Florida)

Mullen raided Texas for 3 stud DB’s, all high 4* kids. He plucked these kids who had offers from Texas AM, Texas, Bama, LSU, etc.

He pulled 4* DT Jalen Lee out of Louisiana, and there is no state that hangs on to in-state talent better than LSU.

I guess some here are saying that Mullen should have not recruited those kids so that he would have 100% of his class as in-state Florida kids versus only 64%.

Just using the same logic. Some here are ready to shut Florida down because Mullen didn’t completely fill his class with all the top talent from Florida (even though he got more than anyone), but they see no issue with Pruitt losing top Tennessee kids to Oklahoma, TexAM, Auburn, Clemson and evening Kentucky.

I know your counter, “but Jaws, but Jaws, there is way more talent in Florida than Tennessee!!” Exactly, which means way more competition for the players! Which means recruiting Tennessee should be a cakewalk for Pruitt.

You can’t have it both ways. Mullen is awful because he didn’t sign ALL of the top 10 in Florida but Pruitt is great despite not signing all of the top talent in Tennessee.
Evening Kentucky took a 3 star DL that we offered...another fail for you. Florida has a bevy of 5 stars...how many did you land? All these posts you’ve diarrhea’d up reveal the real guy that shows up when you’re being REAL. You’re not interested in a conversation with us. Just need to smack you on the snout to get it out of you. All of his defenders take note. 😏

Anthony Harris was a projected blueshirt precisely due to his academic issues, so he wasn’t a SIGNEE...keep up. McBride was our lone SIGNEE who no longer plays football for us

Harris is still listed in the 2019 class by the services so he’s cooked into your rankings. isn’t he at JUCO right now? If so, he comes out in the “re-rank” silliness. If those are the rules, then UF only lost 3 guys from the 2019 class as two went the JUCO route.

Again, THIS is why you don’t re-rank. You’re holding non-qualifiers against UF but dismissing it with Harris.

Harris is still listed in the 2019 class by the services so he’s cooked into your rankings. isn’t he at JUCO right now? If so, he comes out in the “re-rank” silliness. If those are the rules, then UF only lost 3 guys from the 2019 class as two went the JUCO route.

Again, THIS is why you don’t re-rank. You’re holding non-qualifiers against UF but dismissing it with Harris.
He never SIGNED dude! What ghetto service you hanging off of to come up with this narrative? If you DON’T SIGN...you’re not part of a SIGNING CLASS! At least admit that and recover some of your troll dignity.

Evening Kentucky took a 3 star DL that we offered...another fail for you. Florida has a bevy of 5 stars...how many did you land?

I’m enjoying the heck out of the conversation. I think it’s fun and interesting. At least until you showed up with your usual temper and vitriol.

I admit I’m shaking my head at some still trying to revise the 2019 class, after we’ve had a full season and a full new cycle of signees.

I guess I could have saved a bunch of posts and time by taking the smarter, Lawrence Wright approach and say “ok, y’all win 2019, Florida will be 0-12” and move on.

But I’m not that smooth or constrained.

Just using the same logic. Some here are ready to shut Florida down because Mullen didn’t completely fill his class with all the top talent from Florida (even though he got more than anyone), but they see no issue with Pruitt losing top Tennessee kids to Oklahoma, TexAM, Auburn, Clemson and evening Kentucky.

I know your counter, “but Jaws, but Jaws, there is way more talent in Florida than Tennessee!!” Exactly, which means way more competition for the players! Which means recruiting Tennessee should be a cakewalk for Pruitt.

You can’t have it both ways. Mullen is awful because he didn’t sign ALL of the top 10 in Florida but Pruitt is great despite not signing all of the top talent in Tennessee.
You really are that stupid..

I’m enjoying the heck out of the conversation. I think it’s fun and interesting. At least until you showed up with your usual temper and vitriol.

I admit I’m shaking my head at some still trying to revise the 2019 class, after we’ve had a full season and a full new cycle of signees.

I guess I could have saved a bunch of posts and time by taking the smarter, Lawrence Wright approach and say “ok, y’all win 2019, Florida will be 0-12” and move on.

Everyone is bringing the re-ranking up because you continually touted the ranking of Mullens class last year, but that ranking is a bit of a fallacy because some of the top recruits never made it in. To compare losing your highest ranked recruit to our blue shirt that never signed is a bit disingenuous. If you still believe Mullens class last year was better then ours, fair enough, but I think you should stop bringing up the rank of the class as justification.

He never SIGNED dude! What ghetto service you hanging off of to come up with this narrative?

After your blood pressure goes down and you stop gnashing your tooth, look at the “ghetto service” known as Rivals. He’s listed as a commit and when you count them up, he’s included in the 23 total. In fact, so is Kenney Solomon. I didn’t catch him the first time, what’s his status?

I was wrong in one post, I said attrition took UT to 19, it actually looks like 21, unless Kenney Solomon comes out, then it’s 20.

Look, why are you and a couple others so hung up on UF’s 2019 class when y’all have your own “he didn’t sign, he did sign, he’s hurt, he’s at JUCO, he blueshirted” crap going on too in your 2019 class.

So Florida has 2 or 3 more guys who attrited in that class, who cares? I didn’t hurt UF on the field last year obviously and it won’t hurt them in 2020 according to preseason rankings.

Last edited:
I don't understand arguing with gator fans. You guys do know a gator's brain is only the size of a quarter, right?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Everyone is bringing the re-ranking up because you continually touted the ranking of Mullens class last year, but that ranking is a bit of a fallacy because some of the top recruits never made it in... If you still believe Mullens class last year was better then ours, fair enough.

Appreciate that post, fair discussion and it makes more sense than some others who I guess are trying to say the same thing.

Regarding comparing the 2019 classes and whose is better, I have no idea, and I’ve said that. It depends on many factors, who else lost guys, transfers in, Juco guys who will rejoin the team later like Diwan Black for Florida. If it’s some sort of moral victory for some here to think UT had a much better class than UF, okay great, have at it. Just don’t try and convince me that I have to agree.

The sooner you come to the realization that losing Chris Steele will doom UF’s football program for the next 15 years, the sooner you will find peace.

Reactions: Jaws
Maybe the best way to look at the 2019 classes are to evaluate what’s left and what impact they’ve already had on the field. I obviously don’t know UT’s players as well as most here, but I do know TooToo was excellent, Gray was very good late in the season, the big tackles Wright/Morris were integral to the season, and it seems I remember some were pleased with how Burrell was playing in the secondary. I’m sure there are others.

For UF, CB Kaiir Elam was excellent, Mohamoud Diabate was excellent, Ethan White became a starter on the o-line and Kris Bogle played a ton at DE and played well. Many others redshirted and a few played backup or special teams roles.

So again, seems about even and very difficult to tell who had the better class.

He has already began "winning" these battles for elite talent, he did that last year and only got better this year according to the rankings..so not totally sure what your point is 🤷‍♂️

If you are saying he has to have top 3-5 classes to have a really good team..which you are right, he has not....then I disagree, but I guess I can at least understand that point disagree or not...but I am pretty sure that you don't get to 7th out of 110+ programs without winning quite a few battles for "elite" talent.

What’s crazy is we’re 7th in the country but 6th in the SEC. 😳 We’d be the top 1-2 class in all other conferences. So I guess I mean he needs to win the battles against the other SEC teams.

The sooner you come to the realization that losing Chris Steele will doom UF’s football program for the next 15 years, the sooner you will find peace.

😂

I admire your succinctness and temperament.

Losing Chris Steele is meaningless because of a dude named Kaiir Elam. I guess, for greed purposes, I’d like to have Steele on the team in case the first 5 CB’s get hurt or in case he would have been a good gunner on the punt team or something.

But yeah, doomed for the next 15 years.

Maybe the best way to look at the 2019 classes are to evaluate what’s left and what impact they’ve already had on the field. I obviously don’t know UT’s players as well as most here, but I do know TooToo was excellent, Gray was very good late in the season, the big tackles Wright/Morris were integral to the season, and it seems I remember some were pleased with how Burrell was playing in the secondary. I’m sure there are others.

For UF, CB Kaiir Elam was excellent, Mohamoud Diabate was excellent, Ethan White became a starter on the o-line and Kris Bogle played a ton at DE and played well. Many others redshirted and a few played backup or special teams roles.

So again, seems about even and very difficult to tell who had the better class.
That’s a very subjective way to evaluate considering who contributes as a freshman is wildly variable. The only true apples to apples comparison would be to add up post highschool recruiting rankings of players that actually enrolled, and compare the two school. I personally don’t care enough to do that but to each their own.

After your blood pressure goes down and you stop gnashing your tooth, look at the “ghetto service” known as Rivals. He’s listed as a commit and when you count them up, he’s included in the 23 total. In fact, so is Kenney Solomon. I didn’t catch him the first time, what’s his status?

I was wrong in one post, I said attrition took UT to 19, it actually looks like 21, unless Kenney Solomon comes out, then it’s 20.

Look, why are you and a couple others so hung up on UF’s 2019 class when y’all have your own “he didn’t sign, he did sign, he’s hurt, he’s at JUCO” crap going on too in your 2019 class too.

So Florida has 2 or 3 more guys who attired in that class, who cares? I didn’t hurt UF on the field last year obviously and it won’t hurt them in 2020 according to preseason rankings.
Commit...signee...do you know the difference? Doesn’t sound like it. If you don’t sign you’re not a SIGNEE. Nice deflection with the blood pressure and gnashing of teeth bs btw...great conversation. Kenney Solomon is a walkon who was awarded a scholarship in October. Great story. What about him?

I think recruiting has evolved with streaming services, conference networks and multiple channels on the sports networks. Maybe keeping instate talent isn’t as big of a priority anymore as it used to be. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Most kids aren’t as loyal to the state team as we’d like them to be and that’s fair I guess. 😒

That’s a very subjective way to evaluate considering who contributes as a freshman is wildly variable. The only true apples to apples comparison would be to add up post highschool recruiting rankings of players that actually enrolled, and compare the two school. I personally don’t care enough to do that but to each their own.

I agree, and the whole proposition of re-evaluating them is subjective. And more, you can’t just do UT and UF, you gotta do everyone. And without researching, I’d say every team in the top 25 lost between 1 and 5 guys.

What you're not getting is that we didn't want a lot of the supposed top players in TN. Several were severely overrated, were headcases that didn't fit what we wanted or just had no interest in us. We got the large majority of who we wanted in state and the kids we took over the ones we didn't want are better players.

UF absolutely lost out on a lot of the top kids in FL that you definitely wanted.

Last edited:

Lawrence is a rival fan who’s honest. You’re a troll. Anything else?

I agree, and the whole proposition of re-evaluating them is subjective. And more, you can’t just do UT and UF, you gotta do everyone. And without researching, I’d say every team in the top 25 lost between 1 and 5 guys.
Best not to do research. Stay consistent.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Commit...signee...do you know the difference? Doesn’t sound like it. If you don’t sign you’re not a SIGNEE.

I said commit, I didn’t say “signee.” And Rivals included him and McBride in the total of 23. My point wasn’t to haggle over commit v signee, my point was net players. Florida netted 20 after attrition, UT netted 21 after attrition, or 20, but then later 21 when Solomon was offered?

Regardless, when you and Bass are re-ranking the 2019 classes for the good of America, please include Cox and Greenard in UF’s re-rank. Thanks.

But UF still lost its top guy...

Now...you and I both know our top guy was also our 3rd best true freshman DB coming out of fall drills, despite his 5* ranking.

Elam and Hill were clearly performing better according to those VERY close to the situation. And none of those guys were unseating CJ or Marco as starters, let alone Trey Dean at the nickel.

So our top guy was at best our #6 CB headed into the season.

All that said, UF still lost its highest rated 2019 recruit...its top guy...so none of the UT fans critical of our 2019 recruiting class are wrong. And I’m more than okay with that.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back