What Other Message Boards are Saying-MSST Edition

volsrock09

Elitedawgs.com

QB controversies? UT knows a little about that this year lol
Especially in a must win game. It's decisions (potentially) like this that make fans doubt Joe Moorhead.

Now, I don't doubt that Stevens may look better in practice. However, in actual GAME situations- Shrader is better. Not to mention more durable.

And this is what I don't understand about football coaches. They tend to IMO overvalue practice performance- of course I'm assuming that there is no personal bias here on the part of the coach and "better in practice" is just simply coachspeak to explain to fans why certain not as productive players play over what appear to be to everyone in the stands more productive/better players. Because unless they letting fans in at practice how would we know right?
First team Practice snaps are valuable, especially for a true freshman. I hate we are apparently splitting them
Incidentally, Tennessee has the 45th passing defense in the nation and the 76th rushing defense. It makes no sense to put your passing QB on the field when you have two explosive options as running the ball in Schrader combined with Hill. I'll be really dissappointed in Moorhead if he starts Stevens.
Rosebowl on 620am a little while ago said it's about the deep ball. Shrader over threw a deep and wide open Guidry twice in the AU game. He spoke to Kylin yesterday and he told Rosebowl it will be run heavy b/c of the Vol's weak run D. Tommy is there for the deep threat when they have 8 in the box trying to stop Kylin.
Looks like some fans want to bring the d*** cowbells
My girls are heading to Knoxville tomorrow to the game. Should they take their cowbells or not? Don't want them to be taken away from them.
Basically don't take them to road games. Some places up the security intensity to look for cowbells. I only take mine to home games and bowl games if they have been approved.
I really don't understand how this question keeps coming up. They are only approved in Starkville. Literally everyone else hates them. We sometimes/usually get permission for bowl games. Other than that, they are Starkville-only or you risk having them confiscated.
Hopefully there will be more fans than they expect, but with the way the season has gone, who knows
Luckily for Moorhead that games is at 12:00 & there will be about 60K there meaning it won't be a hostile atmosphere & thus I somewhat expect us to not look like we've been swallowed up by a black hole on offense.
This is an easy game plan for me & pretty straight forward.

1. Start Shrader & let him play. Stop 17ing around with the church basketball, everyone gets to play BS. This offense runs with Shrader. Don't over think this Joe. Florida averaged 5.5 yards per play against Auburn & that included 64 & 88 yard plays. Meanwhile we averaged 5.8 yards per play vs Auburn once Shrader entered the game. Needless to say, when Shrader is in the game, the offense is more decisive, runs significantly faster from snap to getting up field, & the OL feeds off of it. Shrader plays at an unbelievable pace post snap.
2. Tennessee has the #85 rushing defense the country. Again, don't 17 around here. Snap the ball & let our OL, Shrader, & Hill down their throats.
3. Tennessee has the #90 rushing offense in the country. Good matchup for us. Just have to get pressure on the QB, don't let anyone behind you, & Tennessee won't execute enough to score 17+ points.
4. Take the ball if we win the toss. I don't think Tennessee can stop us on offense if Shrader starts. Take the ball & get an early lead. Make Tennessee chase the game.

Looking at the two teams here, I think it's inexcusable for MSU not to win this game due to matchups.
MSU 37 - TN 17
I wouldn't mind seeing the AU game plan from last year. Just run for 300-400 yards and let the defense rest on the sideline as you punch UT in the mouth.
Nothing will change on defense until we put pressure on the opposing QB. If we can get after the freshman, we have a good chance to limit them offensively, but we better get there if we don't want to get burned deep. They have play makers at the WR spot.
This game is giving me heartburn already. I want to believe that with a full, healthy team playing we will handle the Vols, but I've seen very little so far this season that inspires actual confidence. (Yes, we've had inspiring individual performances, but as a team? Not so much.)
The Tutorgate 10 surely put their team, school, and fanbase in a terrible position this season.
Go Dawgs -- go take care of business and get the W. It's a long slog until Arkansas.
If we don't win the thread about "Should we have hired Pruitt" will be fun to read....
Both coaches feeling heat. Both coaches badly needing a W. Both trying not to lose (or further lose) the fans. Both trying to avoid losing their team.
Who needs this one worse?
Moorehead because he inherited stability. Don’t get me wrong, UT won’t tolerate this losing long but JP did inherit a dumpster fire. I think JP has next year to get back bowling. JoMo could totally lose his fanbase Saturday
Pruitt 100%. Things continue going bad for Pruitt he may not survive this year. We all know Moorhead isn't getting canned in year 2.
Pruitt starts around 3 seniors on offense and defense while we start around 6 on each side, yet we're making the dumb mistakes a young team like Tennessee should be making. Of those 12 seniors, how many are difference makers?
Big for both, but I think it's absolutely essential for Pruitt. Their season has been horrific so far -- they're 1 - 4, have zero wins against FBS schools (and their FCS win was over a 2-3 team), and have losses to Georgia State (a 3-2 Sunbelt team) and BYU (2-3, with the most recent loss coming to Toledo). Think about it like this -- if you want to transpose Tennessee's performance onto us with our schedule so far, we'd be 0-5. Moorhead would be as good as canned if that's where we were right now.

With that in mind, take a look at what each team faces the rest of the season. If Tennessee loses to us to drop to 1-5, the door on a bowl game would be essentially shut. They're losing to Bama next week, which would be the sixth loss. To go bowling they'd have to sweep the rest of the season, which includes road games at Kentucky and at Missouri and home games against SC, UAB, and Vandy. At a minimum, the road game at Mizzou is a sure loss. They'll likely be underdogs to SC at home and at KY is at best a toss up. (And hell, UAB is 4-1 right now, so who knows about them.)

On the other hand, a loss for State -- which would be horrible and as personally offensive to me (as an east TN resident) as any loss in the past decade -- doesn't foreclose the possibility of a bowl game quite as much because we'd have Arkansas, U. Miss., and Abeline Christian to close out the season to get to six. Sure, neither Ark. nor U. Miss. would be gimmes after a TN loss, but winning those games wouldn't be as tall a task as TN sweeping its final five games, including a win at Missouri. (MO vs. UMiss this weekend should be interesting. MO is 10th nationally in scoring D, 3rd nationally in total D, 10th nationally in 3rd down D, 4th nationally in redzone D, etc.)

And then there's my casual observation among my coworkers and friends that they've already given up on Pruitt. They're as shell shocked as I've ever seen them. A win would rekindle a little hope because the possibility of a bowl game and a baby step forward would still be alive. But losing to State and sealing his team's fate for the postseason likely spells the end for Pruitt this year.

Moorhead's seat would definitely (and deservedly) get warm with a loss to UT (especially if it's ugly), but barring a total meltdown the rest of the season thereafter, I'm guessing that --he's coming back for another year regardless.
My expectations aren't too high especially since I believe Stevens is going to start. Against TN that might be ok but we also might be throwing away however many offensive possessions he plays. Watched Joe's PC yesterday ... he is a stubborn, arrogant dude. Gotta quit watching his PCs. He don't seem to be learning.
He may be stubborn as most HC are but, I don't see him as being arrogant at all. We need to beat Tn, we all know this as do the Coaches and team. I just hope we come out fired up and jump on them early. I do think it will be a close game regardless, something like 28-24.
They are paying attention to the weather forecasts
Looks like we get wet. Joe may get to avenge that poor performance we had in the rain last year in Lexington
Theyre griping about officials already
UT targeting reversal and Errol last week is complete BS by SEC officals.
Personally, I didnt think Wanya Morris was guilty of targeting.
Classic targeting clear on replay and they pick it up. Lead with head, hit player in the head and he was a defenseless player. And this is from the replay booth. What can the excuse be? Is the replay guy a UT grad? What is it? announcers didn't even know what to say. Where was the in play officiating excuse guy we've seen before? Where is his 2 bit explanation?
I wish there was another choice to watch your team play, because I would walk away just like I have a lot of pro sports, but there isn't anywhere else to go watch so guess I'll stay with college sports as corrupt as it is.
Rules are optional concerning Mississippi State.
Another road game this week for Sloppy Joe.
Hopefully UT can take care of business if MSST is as undisciplined as their fans make them out to be
You taking an O/U of 7 with the total number of combined personal foul penalties + false starts +delay of games?
Should be a close bet.
So your taking the under?
Would you like to parlay your bet with a guess on how many quarters at TN it takes Willie Gay to get ejected?
I hope it’s just 7 but I’m going with over.

Hopefully fans show up, a few false starts or delay of game penalties could help our defense out a lot. Warrior didn’t look as terrible as he has the rest of the year; hopefully he’s coming around and has his best game as well.

I think as mediocre as MSU is we have a lot of holes. I think if they just punch us in the mouth all game idk if our dline can hold up for four quarters.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I am legit shocked people from Mississippi not only have internet access but a message board for their team.
I am from this great state and i can honestly say. While not an MSU fan MSU has actually beaten many top 10 teams and has been ranked #1 for a while not too long ago. They havent folded to anyone such as GA ST and vandy for 3 years in a row. While the internet is realatively new here. Mississippians have managed to not lose to FLORIDA AND ALABAMA for what 15 yrs in a row. Tenn is a joke of a program now and from here in miss i can can see that! I am from Tenn originally and grew up a fan. Now i just sit back and listen to tenn fans rationalize and give any excuse to why they are dead last in almost all catagories in football. At least MSU knows what its like to be #1 in the polls in this century.

I am from this great state and i can honestly say. While not an MSU fan MSU has actually beaten many top 10 teams and has been ranked #1 for a while not too long ago. They havent folded to anyone such as GA ST and vandy for 3 years in a row. While the internet is realatively new here. Mississippians have managed to not lose to FLORIDA AND ALABAMA for what 15 yrs in a row. Tenn is a joke of a program now and from here in miss i can can see that! I am from Tenn originally and grew up a fan. Now i just sit back and listen to tenn fans rationalize and give any excuse to why they are dead last in almost all catagories in football. At least MSU knows what its like to be #1 in the polls in this century.

Whoooooo! 85-Free-3D-Stressed-Smiley-Face-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

With that said, Mississippi State sucks.

At least the trolls from other states can spell

Reactions: ProudVOLfan
How many national championships have y'all been apart of again??

1570742595766.gif

I agree! I graduated from USM! There was a reason the Clampets were from Tenn. Not from miss. Tenn is on a crash course to the bottom with CJP. Its the new norm

Actually, the Clampetts were from the Ozarks. However, I do believe the character Granny, Daisy Moses, was from Tennessee, though.

But what's your point?

Last edited:
Mississippi is legitimately the worst state in the Union in nearly every category...unless you add in Puerto Rico.

Truth sucks, but stfu

GTFO

Reactions: ohnnyvol1
Lol part about 45th passing defense. Is that total pass yards? We haven't defended that many passes is why.

We are 75th by YPA and 67th by opposing passing QBR.

And 69th by rushing YPC. Equally not good, not terrible.

VN Store

Back