What Louisville boards are saying

therealitytheory

From The Hall....nothing very inflammatory, most seem cautious about Mack's first year.

LoL.

SEC basketball is uofk and the little 13...…

All we going to learn is we are lacking physical strength inside and talent against the better teams . I just want to see them compete and show they can play against good to great teams with being over matched and not blown out. I expect a couple of losses this week .

They've been pretty solid. The admiral kid will be tough to guard, along with Grant Williams, I think he's averaging like 22 and 8 right now. Hopefully our bigs are ready to get physical.

I think we get 20 wins this year with a 9 seed. Our team just keeps looking better. Tennessee is decent, that Admiral kid will be tough to guard, but they aren't world beaters...I expect a close game.

Reactions: Freak and RollerVol
From The Yum!: So Can We Beat Tennessee?

I only have seen bits of UT. UT seems very athletic and pretty physical. I see nothing special like a Kansas or Duke team. It will depend on how we handle ourselves. We have no returning starters besides VJ, lol, we are very young and with a new system might as well be freshmen out there. I like our chances if VJ limits turnovers, Jordan goes off (I know he can), and Noch stays on the floor.

We might need to outscore them first.

Louisville will have to take care of the ball and not give up second shots. Keep Enoch out of foul trouble. I don't really know what to expect with the big step up in competition, but I know our guys are going to play hard. We are about to see where we are.

---------------------------

Gonna be a tough game. Let’s not kid ourselves. Tennessee is legit this year. We would need a solid 40 minutes without the 8 minute hangover like we suffered against Vermont. Just a solid start to finish game

Reactions: Freak
Louisville is going to be athletic and they have a hell of a coach. I’m definitely expecting a close game.

Reactions: vol100
Anything can happen in basketball. If Loyola can beat us then I am sure lowly Louisville can keep it close.

Feels like they're really underestimating UT. Doubt the team actually is, but looks like their fans are.

Hope we crush the Cards.
Defensive teams like we have, when we play our game, do not really scare fans, on paper...but then they look up at the end of the game, and they've shot 35% from the floor, and don't know why they lost! Go Vols!

It would have been a hell of a coaching match up between Pitino and Barnes. I don't think CRB has ever coached against Mack.

Still too early in the season to know what to expect from either team. I think it will be a good indicator moving forward because they have some athletes. Fingers crossed we get to play Kansas.

It's basketball and the better team doesn't win all the time, but we have the better team. Should be fun!

Defensive teams like we have, when we play our game, do not really scare fans, on paper...but then they look up at the end of the game, and they've shot 35% from the floor, and don't know why they lost! Go Vols!
Really throw the stats out except for opponents % and turnovers. UT is very impressive playing defense.

Anything can happen in basketball. If Loyola can beat us then I am sure lowly Louisville can keep it close.

But Louisville does not have the good "sister" who I am convinced caused the ball to hit the bottom of the rim on that last shot and then somehow defy gravity and go in for Loyola. I used to like nuns. :)

Multiple Cardinal fans have harkened back to this bit of history between the schools and have posted the video:

[VIDEO=]

Multiple Cardinal fans have harkened back to this bit of history between the schools and have posted the video:

[VIDEO=]

17 years later and this still makes me sick to my stomach. The first 3, off the glass.. come on! Then the execution and individual play made by Slay was unbelievable after Louisville tied it up. Finally their last 3 was contested pretty well he just draino'ed in our face. Gross game I hope we do them dirty tomorrow.

Reactions: cncchris33
I think we’re a good basketball team, but we aren’t elite. This fan base has bought the media hype, hook, line, and sinker, because we need some hope, but we are going to be disappointed. I’ll enjoy the the highs, but I’m preparing myself for the inevitable lows. BVS is talking, but I’m not ready to buy into this team yet.

I think we’re a good basketball team, but we aren’t elite. This fan base has bought the media hype, hook, line, and sinker, because we need some hope, but we are going to be disappointed. I’ll enjoy the the highs, but I’m preparing myself for the inevitable lows. BVS is talking, but I’m not ready to buy into this team yet.
Lol

I usually take a similar attitude with any sports program/TN. But, even without the hype there are plenty of solid reasons to be excited about this team. Really don't think we'll be disappointed, but understand your reservation. Been a long time since we had any real hope in Bball.

Last season was a lot of fun because we weren't supposed to get anything done(picked 13th in the SEC) Every win seemed like an upset until we figured out this team wanted wins and were determined to get them.I look forward to this season but I do realize we are not an elite team talent wise,but we play hard and will be in most games to the end.I like watching them but I am preparing for a little drop back toward earth! Go Vols

I understand that BVS is real and I even understand not buying this team having the best regular season record, a UT team has had.(schedule is brutal) But come March folks better at least have had em on layaway, cause late belief in a team ain’t belief. It’s hindsight and bandwagon joy riding.

This team can reel off 4 or 5 in row as easy as any in a long time.

I will say this, I would rather spend the day with 100,000 Louisville fans, than I would 1 uk fan.

I would agree with this today. However, I was at a game in Louisville where we kicked that tail in football. When I got back to my car someone had bent my antenna and kicked a dent in my door because it had UT all over it. I have never done that to an opposing fan base, including Bama and Florida, our most hated rivals.

I would agree with this today. However, I was at a game in Louisville where we kicked that tail in football. When I got back to my car someone had bent my antenna and kicked a dent in my door because it had UT all over it. I have never done that to an opposing fan base, including Bama and Florida, our most hated rivals.
Can’t say I’ve ever experienced that. Every Louisville fan I’ve talked to actually envy’s UT over our fan base. I went to the Louisville women’s b-ball ncaa tourney game last year in orange and received all positive comments.

VN Store

Back