What is your favorite casual dining "chain" restaurant?

I love mushrooms, but never tried them at longhorns.

Not a big fan of sonny's bbqs but I think they have my favorite appetizer. Redneck eggrolls. We no longer have one near us. It closed down at the end of Dec. Been there for 20+ years I believe.

I love mushrooms, but never tried them at longhorns.

Not a big fan of sonny's bbqs but I think they have my favorite appetizer. Redneck eggrolls. We no longer have one near us. It closed down at the end of Dec. Been there for 20+ years I believe.
That sucks, I like Sonny's. There's one in commerce that's good if you're ever that way. I haven't tried the one in oakwood.

I liked Sonny's all you could eat pork. I wrecked that biatch. The one in Knoxville closed several years back tho.

I need to start a "Take Weezer To Lunch" thread, that way when any of you are in Knoxville you can take me to lunch. Already been to lunch with Squirrel, Topside, and Slydell.

Raffertys in Bowling Green KY. Was a favorite of mine for a long time. I tried the one in Nashville years ago and it just wasn't the same.

Casual Dining Chain Restaurants...

Bonefish and Carrabbas. No order.

Reactions: Souce
I was always a big fan of Ruby Tuesday but they went downhill the last few years. The Rafferty's here where I live is really good.

Do Pizza Inns still exist? We had one growing up. It was way better than Pizza Hut, Dominos or Papa John’s
They seem to be in more rural areas. But, the chain I know may not even be the same.

*Nevermind, pretty sure it's not the same.

Last edited:
I’m going to say Gavino’s in Knoxville. I guess I can, since they have 2 locations now. Good Italian. I’m sucker for that.

Getting older and more fragile, I prefer to not eat out. Just don't like the idea of not knowing who's preparing my food. There are a few places I still go, from time to time, because I do know who is in the kitchen. Ye Olde Steakhouse in Knoxville is one. La Esperanza is another in Knoxville.

Getting older and more fragile, I prefer to not eat out. Just don't like the idea of not knowing who's preparing my food. There are a few places I still go, from time to time, because I do know who is in the kitchen. Ye Olde Steakhouse in Knoxville is one. La Esperanza is another in Knoxville.
Love the Olde Steakhouse. It’s a treat from time to time.

Reactions: Slydell
We have one here. Not the best pizza in town, but really good and very family friendly and reasonable.
I enjoyed it more than other chain restaurants. Lol there's a place called Pizza Plus in the Tri Cities area and it's disgusting haha. I'll eat most any pizza, but I have to be extra hangry without any good options for Pizza Plus. I'll eat Little Caesar's, but it's rare that I'll buy it willingly. They get Costco Pizza here for unit/company functions and i'd put it somewhere between Little Caesar's and Pizza Hut.

In JC, Greg's is the best, followed by Rocky's (who basically copies Greg's). Scratch is really good too. Then the chains.

Just me, but I don't consider Connors or Waffle House Casual "dining". If it has a drive thru window or a counter with stools you eat at, but can't order alcohol, it ain't dining. Jmdao.

I was always a big fan of Ruby Tuesday but they went downhill the last few years. The Rafferty's here where I live is really good.

I miss Rafferty’s on Kingston Pike in West Knox. Went there pretty often till it closed.

VN Store

Back