What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season ?

What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season?

• 10 My highest ever, I’ve got Pru fever!

Votes: 11 4.0%

Votes: 13 4.7%

Votes: 63 22.7%

Votes: 68 24.5%

Votes: 42 15.1%
  • 5 an average amount - same as always

Votes: 36 12.9%

Votes: 21 7.6%

Votes: 12 4.3%

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 1 I’ve taken up knitting 🧶 during football season.

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
Before the season starts (and the excuses begin), what specifically do people expect to see? Forget the overall record. 1) Is it OK to get blown-out by FL, GA & AL? 2) Is another lose to FL acceptable? 3) Is it OK to go 2-2 against SC, Vandy, KY, MZ?

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I used to care a lot more. Weekends, weeks would be ruined if the Vols lost. I was in school at UT '04-'08, which was the end of the Fulmer Era. Lots of hype following those years, just to be brought down.

I've just now come to terms with not caring as much. Sure, I'll watch the big games. I don't care to watch the beat downs and have better things to do. Life is more enjoyable when the weekends are not centered around a 6-6 team.

No matter what your expectations for the coming season, you should be able to say, I believe in Tennessee.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I.
I believe.
I believe in.
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!
I believe in Tennessee!

[With a tip of the cap to the Navy Midshipmen.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeredblooded
I.
I believe.
I believe in.
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!
I belive in Tennessee!

Sometimes copy and paste is not your friend.

I am very anxious to see the evidence of improvement, Program-wide. Better effort, better execution, better performance, better coaching, and most of all, better results.
I want to see us compete, for four quarters, in every game. No matter the opponent. I want to see grit and determination. No big blowouts. I want to see our o-line establish a new line of scrimmage, on the positive side of the line, against every defensive front we face. I want to see a QB making reads, changing plays, and getting people into position for success. I want to see a defense attacking, causing turnovers, and helping our offense. I want to see us win the special teams and kicking game, in every game. I want to see growth, from the players and staff. I want to see better game management, and better player management.
I truly believe that I will see improvement across the line.

Anticipation is always a 10. Here lately, if you can call a decade lately, by the 4th or 5th week though I find myself at level one.
I think if they struggle out of the gate there will be changes in the depth chart at whatever position has caused the team to struggle the most by week 4-5. Jmo

I agree. My excitement level is through the roof but it ain't Pruitt Fever Lulz. I can't answer or say anything for anyone except me, but Im confident that Ill know how I feel about this staff and obviously Pruitt by the end of this season. A big part of my excitement is the anticipation of just finding out.

Many don't like to think or talk about it, but I do. I don't expect or count on it, but what if we fought like the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark all season long and actually won 8 or 9 and everyone was saying "yea, I think we got us a good'un" ?

What if BeardedVol started a thread.. "I ain't never been this excited, with my pants on" after regular season? Okay, That's going a little too far, but you know what I mean.

Yep, 10+.

**Don't want to leave everyone out.

What if we loose all 12? Than what?
I liked this cause of the 3rd monkey respnose. I laughed way too hard,,,good stuff.
Anyway,I can agree with this but my level is around 6 right now. As the season gets closer it will shoot up there.

BVS has got me down to about a 2.5. Im excited for football season in general but cautiously optimistic about our season.

Winning will fix everything. Just Pruitt

Reactions: VolAllen
10 as usual.

The HC has no impact on my anticipation for a new year. Obviously the HC has a major impact on the results. I’ve wanted every Coach at UT to earn his spot in the College Football Hall of Fame because of the Championships won on The Hill.

I’m ready for Neyland2.0 to show up and lead us into the future.

10 as usual.

Reactions: VolinMC
I like that idea, and if necessary, I hope we have the depth to accomplish it.
We’ll never know what’s truly sitting on the sidelines until we start digging into the depth in real game action. That being said we’ll also never know what we could lose as a result of not.

Solid 6 right now. This will be my first year living close enough to go to the games without planning a trip. If I knew how the Oline was going to play it would be either a 10 or a 2

I have always, for over 50 years been at least a 7 or 8 and often higher. But the close of last season just broke me, so I am a 2, simply because I refuse to learn to knit.. I'll hang up and listen

I hear you. I don't know if there's anything that could ever stop me from watching. But I'm almost afraid of what I will see when I do.

VN Store

Back