What is wrong with our society?

https://savechickfila.com

On Wednesday, April 17, help support Chick‑fil‑A:
Come to the Texas Capitol to advocate for religious freedom
Visit your local Chick‑fil‑A and share #SaveChickfilA on social media
The San Antonio City Council recently banned a Chick‑fil‑A because of its Christian values. This egregious attack follows a growing trend of anti-Christian intolerance and bigotry by the government against Christians for simply living out their faith and holding to the biblical truth about marriage and sexuality.

No Texas business or individual should ever be punished for practicing their faith. The Texas Legislature must immediately act to pass the Free to Believe Act and the First Amendment Defense Act to protect Chick‑fil‑A and the religious freedom of all Texans. The House State Affairs Committee will be taking testimony on both bills on April 17. We need a strong show of support for religious freedom at the hearing!

Try Both. The idiots on both sides have very loud megaphones.
Right. Both sides would have approved of the method used in the above story. C'mon man, one side would be vehemently against and the other would be like 'meh'.

Do you make more per mile now than you did 2 years ago?
That question right proves just how little you know about contracts with regard to earnings. To give you glimpse into the thing, pay rates are a small part of the equation. He could be making the same mileage rate as he did 10 years ago but could be making lots more money due to what are called duty rigs. My advice to you is to stfu about this issue since you obviously know nothing about it.

Robocalls can now get blocked by your carrier by default

The FCC voted unanimously today to allow carriers to block robocalls by default, setting the stage for the major carriers to take action against the surge of unwanted automated calls that basically everyone hates. The agency also voted to move forward on a proposed rule that would require carriers to adopt the SHAKEN / STIR caller ID authentication system if they don’t do it themselves by year-end.

Pai, a Republican, has called them the “scourge of civilization,” while Geoffrey Starks, a Democrat, said that the unwanted calls have “changed the fabric of our culture”

IMO, the only thing "wrong" with society is tribalism. When people cherry pick stories about bad individual behavior, it's likely not a reflection on society. There are 350 million Americans and 8 billion people, there is going to be some f***ed up stuff. I truly believe that for every violent criminal, there are 100 people willing to put themselves at some level of risk/discomfort to help a stranger in need.

Tribalism is the instigator that leads us to do evil on a large scale. Otherwise, we're mostly pretty good people.

Last edited:
Last edited:
'I'm not a threat to society': Ex-Arizona teacher, 28, who had sex with a 13-year-old boy in a classroom while his friend kept lookout breaks down in tears as she is jailed for 20 years

A former Arizona teacher who pleaded guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old boy has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Brittany Zamora, 28, from Goodyear, will receive credit for the nearly 500 days she has already served.

'I am a good and genuine person who made a mistake and regret it deeply,' Zamora said during a hearing on Friday morning, according to the Arizona Republic.

After apologizing to the victims and her family, she told Judge Sherry Stephens that she plans to earn a new degree in prison so she can start a new life when she gets out, reported the newspaper.

Per the conditions of her sentencing, she cannot be released on good behavior. This means that when Zarmora is done serving her sentence, she will be 48 or 49 years old.

After she is released, she will need to register as a sex offender and then begin serving two lifetime terms of probation.

She was accused of having sex with the 13-year-old multiple times in a classroom, and, on one occasion, in front of another student while he served as a lookout.

Zamora was caught when the victim's parents noticed he was acting strange, leading them to install an app on his phone called Sentry Parental Control, which monitors messaging apps for 'suspicious content or behavior'.

The Sentry app sends parents alerts when it detects suspicious images and messages on a child's device.

It also detects whether or not a child is exposed to inappropriate online content through its web monitoring feature.

The boys parents were devastated by the affair.

He was not in court on Friday, but an attorney read a victim impact statement written by the mother.

'Brittany Zamora betrayed our trust and changed Victim A forever,' the statement read, according to the Arizona Republic.

'Before, he was an innocent child, and now she stole his innocence from him. I hate Brittany Zamora for what she did to my son and family.'

'To Brittany Zamora, I hope you spend every waking moment in your prison cell thinking about the horrendous crime you committed that got you behind bars,' a statement from the boy's father, and read by an attorney, said.

'Now you'll spend the rest of your youth and most of your adulthood in jail...I will not allow you to interfere in my son's life further. Good triumphs over evil and you're just a dark shadow and our family will defeat you.'

District attorneys said the pair once even touched each other sexually while other students in the class watched a video.

In one X-rated back-and-forth, Zamora told the boy she wanted to have sex with him 'every day with no time limit'.

Ex-Arizona teacher, 28, who had sex with a 13-year-old boy is sentenced to 20 years in prison | Daily Mail Online

One Word: Liberalism

LA push to develop Skid Row prompts new clashes in California's homeless crisis

City officials, developers and restaurateurs in Los Angeles are touting the renaissance of the city’s once-blighted downtown thanks to an explosion of trendy eateries, chic hotels and luxury apartments that have attracted thousands of new – and generally financially well-off – residents to the neighborhood in recent years.

But just a few blocks south of the area where a set-course sushi meal costs around $200 per person – wine or sake not included – is perhaps the country's most notorious tent city and a neighborhood that has been labeled the epicenter of homelessness in America: Skid Row.

The area -- which has been plagued by vagrancy, high crime rates and unsanitary conditions almost since its development in the 1880s -- is an unorganized collection of warehouses, wholesale storefronts and decaying low-rent hotels. Its trash-strewn streets are lined with the blue tarps and fraying tents of those residents unable to afford a solid roof over their heads.

At first glance, one might mistake her for a skinhead Aryan type supporter until she opens her mouth and confirms she's just a typical loony leftist.

Reactions: BigOrangeD

VN Store

Back