What is wrong with Kentucky Basketball?

Getting curb stomped in Tuscaloosa. Cal would probably be wise to actually consider the Texas job.

Reactions: PA Vol
Doesn’t Cal have a lifetime contract with UK?
His current deal runs through the 2028-2029 season, when he’ll be 70. That’s why it’s considered a “lifetime contract.” But at what point does he start to look for another option? Especially one like Texas that would pay him whatever he wanted. The level of apathy in Lexington surrounding the program is at an all time high. He has an amazing class coming in next year, so maybe he sticks around and sees if he can get back to a final four, but at the moment this is heading for a very messy and nasty divorce.

Reactions: Mightyvol
The way they are playing I don't think they will make the tourney. Kind of nice to watch them implode.

Reactions: PA Vol
Cal just looks beat.

He is one of those guys where the NIL leveled the playing field. Always a recruiter, but never a good bench coach.

Just rolling out a ball at practice and watching them scrimmage ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Buh bye Cal

Cal just looks beat.

He is one of those guys where the NIL leveled the playing field. Always a recruiter, but never a good bench coach.

Just rolling out a ball at practice and watching them scrimmage ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Buh bye Cal

Teams have simply gotten better and more talented.

He doesn’t have the advantage anymore

Teams have simply gotten better and more talented.

He doesn’t have the advantage anymore

Yup!

Cal was a slimeball from day # 1 going all the way back to paying Marcus Camby thirty years ago.

Hope Mark Stoops catches him in an alley and curb stomps his greasy azz

Many (most) UK fans up here in Kentucky are ready to move on, but their sole hesitation is what becomes of their 2023 recruiting class if Cal is shown the door. They rightfully view this incoming class as the best since the Wall/Bledsoe/Cousins class and many want to use it to give Cal one last shot for fear of missing out on the guys currently signed.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Many (most) UK fans up here in Kentucky are ready to move on, but their sole hesitation is what becomes of their 2023 recruiting class if Cal is shown the door. They rightfully view this incoming class as the best since the Wall/Bledsoe/Cousins class and many want to use it to give Cal one last shot for fear of missing out on the guys currently signed.

I live in Kentucky too and around my area, most of them are ready to move on from Cal regardless what happens with the recruiting class.

Cal has had too many chances at this point to change his outdated system and his ego won’t let him make the necessary changes needed.

For the amount of money they’re paying Cal to “coach”, there’s no reason they can’t replace him with someone who can stabilize the program.

There’s coaches out there who could win with this roster they have now. The talent excuse is stupid.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I live in Kentucky too and around my area, most of them are ready to move on from Cal regardless what happens with the recruiting class.

Cal has had too many chances at this point to change his outdated system and his ego won’t let him make the necessary changes needed.

For the amount of money they’re paying Cal to “coach”, there’s no reason they can’t replace him with someone who can stabilize the program.

There’s coaches out there who could win with this roster they have now. The talent excuse is stupid.

I hope they keep him.

Coach Barnes hopes they keep him.

When Kentucky is out of top-25 in basketball, everyone wins!

Reactions: Efus50 and joevol33
If he doesn’t leave on his own, which I do think is a possibility, he’s going to be in Lexington for a minute. I mean hell, even in the spring of 2025 his buyout is still close to $40 million.

The real question is, who does the most damage at the buffet?

Stoops or Calipari?

Somedays, I wish John Chaney had kept his word and kicked Cal's arse and knocked his teeth out, as he said he was going to do.

If he doesn’t leave on his own, which I do think is a possibility, he’s going to be in Lexington for a minute. I mean hell, even in the spring of 2025 his buyout is still close to $40 million.

Damn, I almost feel bad. Almost.

They deserve everything they get. He’s always been a glorified recruiter turned HC.

Expecting a different result is just silly.

They want him fired but don’t want him fired. Such a Kentucky thing to say.

He doesent have the ability to pick and pay anymore and his weaknesses are being exposed. He’s a garbage coach with a resume of the same.
He’s got a natty and 6 Final Fours. You can count on one hand active coaches with a better or equal resume. Either he’s gone stale at the same place or his method no longer works, but his resume is above reproach.

VN Store

Back