What is up with all the crazy Trump supporters?

Most states have early voting and/or time off by law to vote. Otherwise plan accordingly. The government shouldn't be holding your hand throughout your life even though many here want that.
Except NC was specifically targeting those which is why it was being discussed. We should never aim to make voting a hardship or costly when simple remedies exist. This is common sense and decency not govt hand holding

Reactions: NashVol11
It's because many jobs that employ the lower classes don't offer flexible enough hours. Being forced to take time off without pay is also not a great idea. There can also be transportation issues based on where a singular dmv is located.

If you want to require IDs then make it easier to obtain. They've done that

If we truly believe in everyone's right to vote then make that easier as well. What does it hurt?
Most folks don't have flexible hours.

It is just asking for an ID. Oh, its argued that because blacks are mostly on government assistance that their government issued IDs might not work? Why not get a free state ID card? Is it racist to have to visit the ID center for the first time only to get the free ID card? Homebound and unable to get to the DMV? NC offers house visits to grant ID's (not during Covid though, thanks China). But why aren't democrats rounding up minorities then and taking them to get their free ID cards like they do for voting? Its almost like doing civic duty only applies a few times a year for you people, or only when you need these down trodden souls votes, then back to the ghetto until democrat slacktivism is needed again.. Opponents of this bill are just gaslighting the ID requirement under the guise of racism to hide possible fraudulent voting which democrats are renowned for.

Oh yeah, NC offers no fee ID cards for people with developmental disabilities that someone else can fill out for them. Problem solved.

Not sure why you're underlining when you're wrong, but you're still wrong. The below is a sample, though not all of it. Like I said, they intentionally targeted specific groups and literally said so, which is why "opponents of this bill" include the federal courts.

North Carolina’s bill extended beyond requiring a state-issued photo ID at the polls. The law cut early voting days and banned same-day voter registration, eliminated straight-ticket voting, which allows voters to choose all candidates from a single party by checking one box; and introduced more restrictions on casting provisional ballots. It prohibited pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds, who previously were allowed to indicate their intent to vote when applying for a driver’s license.

Court: North Carolina Voter ID Law Targeted Black Voters

Not sure why you're underlining when you're wrong, but you're still wrong. The below is a sample, though not all of it. Like I said, they intentionally targeted specific groups and literally said so, which is why "opponents of this bill" include the federal courts.

The crux of your argument that you posted was about the ID requirements not allowing poor unfortunate peoples of color to present their government issued ghetto ID's as valid ID's for voting. The rest of it doesn't target a specific group unless you are confirming personal responsibility as a White trait not expected to be found in others. In the end its just left wing gas lighting and slacktivism in its purest form.

Except NC was specifically targeting those which is why it was being discussed. We should never aim to make voting a hardship or costly when simple remedies exist. This is common sense and decency not govt hand holding
It is hand holding. Want to vote? Look up the dates, plan accordingly. You and others are advocating for more drawn out government red tape and incompetence. If thats what you want then fine, but voting is not hard, at all. Its not a mystery either and it isn't rigged against anyone. I registered to vote (along with the draft) when I turned 18. I've voted overseas, I've voted in person, I've taken vacation time to vote, and I've voted absentee ballot because I didn't want to stand in line with the unwashed heathens. It's only hard and complicated if you make it, just like life.

That being said..not every state has early voting. Not every state allows time off from work (or paid time off) to vote. THAT should be allowed but it is also voted on by the people in those states. Most states have one or the other or a combination of early voting/mandatory time off/paid time.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The crux of your argument that you posted was about the ID requirements not allowing poor unfortunate peoples of color to present their government issued ghetto ID's as valid ID's for voting. The rest of it doesn't target a specific group unless you are confirming personal responsibility as a White trait not expected to be found in others. In the end its just left wing gas lighting and slacktivism in its purest form.

Really? What was the argument that I posted?

Have you read any of this thread? The NC legislature did request research on specific groups, then targeted specific groups, admitted that they targeted specific groups (but argued that the group was Democrats and not black people), and were found in court to have targeted specific groups with "surgical precision". That's as clear as it gets, but feel free to keep responding to those facts with more of your feelings.

If the below (which still isn't anywhere near all of the details) doesn't add up to discriminatory intent for you, I'm not sure any law would.
A day after the Shelby decision, Republican lawmakers in North Carolina announced plans for an election law that, the federal appeals court has since found, restricted voting and registration in several ways, “all of which disproportionately affected African Americans.”

The court said that in crafting the law, the Republican-controlled general assembly requested and received data on voters’ use of various voting practices by race. It found that African American voters in North Carolina are more likely to vote early, use same-day voter registration and straight-ticket voting. They were also disproportionately less likely to have an ID, more likely to cast a provisional ballot and take advantage of pre-registration.

Then, the court, said, lawmakers restricted all of these voting options, and further narrowed the list of acceptable voter IDs. “… [W]ith race data in hand, the legislature amended the bill to exclude many of the alternative photo IDs used by African Americans. As amended, the bill retained only the kinds of IDs that white North Carolinians were more likely to possess.”

The state offered little justification for the law, the court said. Those who defended the law said they were doing so to prevent voter fraud. “Although the new provisions target African Americans with almost surgical precision, they constitute inapt remedies for the problems assertedly justifying them and, in fact, impose cures for problems that did not exist,” the court said.

It added: “We can only conclude that the North Carolina General Assembly enacted the challenged provisions of the law with discriminatory intent.

Last edited:
And now I’m sure I’ll get plenty of people defending voter ID generally without actually reading up on the NC version, again

The crux of your argument that you posted was about the ID requirements not allowing poor unfortunate peoples of color to present their government issued ghetto ID's as valid ID's for voting.
How is having to show an ID discriminatory?
The answer...... it isn’t. 🖕🏼

I was so right lol

So you can't answer the question either. Don't worry, it's a tough question for Trump supporters and Republicans alike. The Right wing screeching is always void of any substance and you don't have any solutions. What is the Republican platform these days? Oh yea, they abandoned having one.

I did answer the question and it's pretty clear, except to those that don't pay attention. But ok, Mick.

OK, then educate me on the details of the NC bill that show how the court of appeals, the ACLU and damn near the whole country are all interpreting it incorrectly
I’m an illegal alien and I want to vote .... I don’t have to show an ID..... but if I go get a library card in order to check out books I have to show an ID. .... buy beer?..... show an ID. Are you being discriminated against?
You can play the racial victim all you want.... it’s your way.... but it defies logic and common sense.

I’m an illegal alien and I want to vote .... I don’t have to show an ID..... but if I go get a library card in order to check out books I have to show an ID. .... buy beer?..... show an ID. Are you being discriminated against?
You can play the racial victim all you want.... it’s your way.... but it defies logic and common sense.

And I can type the words “I am talking about a North Carolina law, including much more than voter ID, found discriminatory by several courts, for these specific reasons” all I want but you still won’t read them

It is hand holding. Want to vote? Look up the dates, plan accordingly. You and others are advocating for more drawn out government red tape and incompetence. If thats what you want then fine, but voting is not hard, at all. Its not a mystery either and it isn't rigged against anyone. I registered to vote (along with the draft) when I turned 18. I've voted overseas, I've voted in person, I've taken vacation time to vote, and I've voted absentee ballot because I didn't want to stand in line with the unwashed heathens. It's only hard and complicated if you make it, just like life.

That being said..not every state has early voting. Not every state allows time off from work (or paid time off) to vote. THAT should be allowed but it is also voted on by the people in those states. Most states have one or the other or a combination of early voting/mandatory time off/paid time.
I wonder if the same people would be pearl clutching about how hard and inconvenient it is to exercise other constitutional rights.

I wonder if the same people would be pearl clutching about how hard and inconvenient it is to exercise other constitutional rights.
They'd use the old "the framers could never have imagined this XXXX" excuse, which really needs to be thrown at them more often.

They'd use the old "the framers could never have imagined this XXXX" excuse, which really needs to be thrown at them more often.
Exactly. They are perfectly fine with placing all sorts of impediments in the way of someone's constitutional right to vote, but don't want anyone to touch their 2A "rights".

VN Store

Back