What is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year

I hope he has so much success here that we have to worry about him leaving for Alabama.
That's a guarantee, I mean there have already been dozens of threads expressing that worry and the main memorable things he's done so far are go 5-7, wear a smock on game days, and kick a dry erase board.

Reactions: 08Vol
We have to start beating Missouri, SC, KY and Vandy on a regular basis like we used to. Get Bama on a rotation basis like everyone else in the SEC east.
We don't need to get rid of the Bama rivalry, their current run can't last forever. This stuff evens out over time. Yeah, they've been a tough draw the last 10 years or so but if we were halfway decent, we'd have won a few like Auburn has managed to. Before that they were real spotty for 10-15 years, besides as soon as we drop them they'd start sucking again and I don't want to run from anybody, especially Bama, we'd never live that down.

I also don't want Tennessee football ever to be without the Third Saturday in October, it's one of the defining things about the program and college football as a whole for that matter. Yeah, we've took our licks, it's happened before, but we've always come back and give them as good as we got. We will again, and it will be glorious.

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .
He can’t Lose, has to go 15-0 although some will still complain...

Seriously no reason not to make a big jump this year, schedule is the weakest in years, 3 layup games to start the year to get confidence up. Year 2 is the magic year for 99% of successful coaches. 8 wins counting a bowl should be the expected floor for this team.

No doubt it’s the Vandy game. It’s embarrassing they are 5 out of the last 7. That has to stop. Our athalon rankings are essentially the same last I looked. That is a MUST win for this season

Every time a Candy fan utters that 5 out of the last 7 business, the proper response is 75–33–5 and the natural order of the universe is about to be restored; you know it, we know it and the American people know it.

We have to start beating Missouri, SC, KY and Vandy on a regular basis like we used to. Get Bama on a rotation basis like everyone else in the SEC east.
Hell no! I want Bama every damn year!

We don't need to get rid of the Bama rivalry, their current run can't last forever. This stuff evens out over time. Yeah, they've been a tough draw the last 10 years or so but if we were halfway decent, we'd have won a few like Auburn has managed to. Before that they were real spotty for 10-15 years, besides as soon as we drop them they'd start sucking again and I don't want to run from anybody, especially Bama, we'd never live that down.

I also don't want Tennessee football ever to be without the Third Saturday in October, it's one of the defining things about the program and college football as a whole for that matter. Yeah, we've took our licks, it's happened before, but we've always come back and give them as good as we got. We will again, and it will be glorious.
Agreed!!!! Bama and Tennessee have used each other for measuring sticks for a long time. If we can't beat Bama, we don't deserve a title. Period! Leave the Bama rivalry the eff alone!!

Fires or let's his new coaches go, worse thing for a football team that is tryn to rebuild is getting g new coaches every year or every other year. We need consistentcy from the coaches then consistentcy from the players. I've always think of year two for a new head coach as year 1 because the players that stayed now know the expectations and know the program enough to know what they need to do. They can also help the new recruits that are coming in.

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

Let's start with not getting blown out by Vandy. Baby steps.

But the point of the Pruitt hire was to build and compete in the future correct? Im not taking anything from the current #1s. Im just simply saying sometimes in situations like this the right combination of players that compliment one another is all you need to exceed expectations and he can't evaluate the future if the future is sitting on the sideline.
Again, I agree with you. I'm just saying swallowing "the bitter pill" you propose (and I agree with) will cause most folks to gag and revolt.

"Vandy owns TENNESSEE "

Good grief!

Between you and KB I'll need a new liver by Noon!

giphy.gif

Reactions: gnm53108 and Behr
Again, I agree with you. I'm just saying swallowing "the bitter pill" you propose (and I agree with) will cause most folks to gag and revolt.
You may be right. Who knows. But there's just as good of a chance that they begin to show life and restore the pride. Take a game like Vandy or Mizzou. Yes we should beat them but it's more like 50/50. What if we beat them by double didgets with this "experiment". What if we found out one of our back up qbs is the next big thing in college football? The next Trey Smith on the o line? D line? The point is you never know what's on the sideline until you put some of these kids in the game because they are gamers. We see it everday and don't realize it. Someone runs a 4.9 40 yet no one can catch them in game speed. Adrenalin is a powerful thing.

Reactions: savannahfan
Leave to take Nick Saban’s Place (as so many fear)

Can we just stop with the Pruitt replacing Saban BS already? JC, Pruitt's team got annihilated in half its games last year and finished the season in a quitting fashion. And this crap about Pruitt replacing Saban.....dear lord almighty

Alot of good answers in here. Not going to a bowl, losing to Vandy and losing 6 by 25+ are probably the biggest ones that happened last year and seem possible this year.

Aside from those, for me he cannot get "handled" by Florida the way he did last year. We have to at least give them a game this year or my disappointment will be hard to overcome.

He cannot finish the season with me feeling the disappointment I felt at the end of last year.

Get blown out by UF. Should never happen. Vanderbilt, Kentucky, USC, Missouri are givens every single year.
What exactly do you mean by "givens"? I am on record here as saying this should be the year that UT cleans up on those 4 and have stated reasons why .. I have also stated they should get past UF this year as well .. that being said .. "GIVENS"?

What exactly do you mean by "givens"? I am on record here as saying this should be the year that UT cleans up on those 4 and have stated reasons why .. I have also stated they should get past UF this year as well .. that being said .. "GIVENS"?
Tennessee doesnt lose to those 4 programs. EVER. We should be beating UF every 2 out of 3. Minimal.

VN Store

Back