What is Success?

I'll be disappointed in the outcome of that game, but not in the season overall. We didn't expect to beat Duke. No one expected Tennessee to beat Duke. But we did. That counts too.

There were plenty of people who expected us to beat Duke, myself included. With that said this season is a success no matter what happens from here on out

I'm feeling good about this one. Duke hasn't faced a defense like ours. We need to be aggressive from the tip and try to overwhelm them if possible

There were plenty of people who expected us to beat Duke, myself included. With that said this season is a success no matter what happens from here on out

You were more confident than I was. And the pundits. And the oddsmakers. Props on a good call by you. I hope you also feel good about tomorrow night.

And yeah, my use of the term, "no one" was way too broad. I'll walk that back.

Reactions: walkenvol
It is the sweet 16 and that other team has earned it too. I fully understand based on your posting history that you are trying to posture for a negative response if we don't score more points than they do, but to do so unconditionally before any game is a pretty sad display of fandom. Way to many variables in their performance, our performance and of course the the officials performance to ignore all potentials. Too many teams seeded higher than 4 to discount the madness in March in any one contest before the fact.
Why would i be posturing for a negative response. My opinion about FAU is nothing against them i just feel we are a better team and as long as they play their game and not down to FAU they should win this game by double digits. I believe we should be able to suffocate them with defense. If they stay focused. My opinion is just that. MINE. And i think not getting to the Elite 8 now is a failure if they lose to FAU. FAU hasnt beat anyone of substance. They have 33 wins yes i get that. But they havent played the schedule the Vols have and i just think that there isnt any reason other than over looking them that they dont make the Elite 8.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back