What is Huepel’s worth to you?

It's up to Danny White. I think it is safe to assume they have a strong relationship. If he decides to add some incentives? I feel there will be plenty of support for it. Unless of course Fulmer decides he wants another crack at it. And I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Doesn’t matter, look what he did with no talent. When we continue winning our recruits will continue to get better. This is Tennessee, we don’t need a stellar recruiter. That’s what Pruitt was… He will bring in a better class each year and continue winning more and more football games. Book it!
You are totally wrong, when Tennessee is best and winning championships they are playing 4 and 5 star talent everywhere. Look at the decade of the 90’s 5 stars all over the place. Jimmy’s and joe’s matter.

Reactions: Gandalf
Oh yeah, because rankings by “analysts” mean so much, as evidenced by our Top 10-12 classes under Cornbread. Heupel does more, with less. He will do fine in recruiting smh.
And 'stars don't matter'. Heupel has worked wonders with what was left of those higher ranked classes. I've been to that rodeo twice before, first with Bill Battle using Doug Dickey's recruits, and again with Houston Nutt making hay with what Danny Ford left him. Neither lasted long term. I hope this is not a repeat.

Tennessee is a pawn to the market and the market is out of control. And while he will be provided a sizeable raise due to his performance and stability he has provided the program the primary factor in this is the crazy money all other schools are spending.

The market sets the rate…not what gives you, me or any other fan warm, fuzzies. Coach salaries are enormous these days. There is no denying that. So, we either pay with the times or continue to watch the times pass us by.

You are totally wrong, when Tennessee is best and winning championships they are playing 4 and 5 star talent everywhere. Look at the decade of the 90’s 5 stars all over the place. Jimmy’s and joe’s matter.

While I agree that the talent does matter, that was also a completely different coaching staff. Fulmer, Cut and Co was never considered "innovative" in the least sense. Nebraska during those same years had a few 5 star guys but their lineup was dominated by guys that were developed (how we now know) in their program over 3-5 years.

He will eventually get to mostly 4 and 5 stars, but we will continually get better throughout the process. I dont Believe I’m totally wrong, he literally proved me right this year and imo I believe we will only get better.

And 'stars don't matter'. Heupel has worked wonders with what was left of those higher ranked classes. I've been to that rodeo twice before, first with Bill Battle using Doug Dickey's recruits, and again with Houston Nutt making hay with what Danny Ford left him. Neither lasted long term. I hope this is not a repeat.
Seems like a lot of the guys Heupel built this team around are the ones UT got out of the transfer portal. He'll have to make some hay with high school recruits going forward, though. I don't think he could win the SEC by relying on transfers. Even Bill Snyder, as smart as he was, never got K-State to the top building teams on transfers.

Why does nobody want to mention recruiting? The last time I looked, the Vols were sitting in the mid-20's on the recruiting rankings. That's a guaranteed recipe for long term disaster in the SEC. Smoke and mirrors can take a team only so far.

So more 4-stars like Morven Joseph, Carlin Fils-aime, Greg Emerson, Malachi Wideman, Martavius French, JJ Peterson, Jordan Allen, Jarrett Guarantano, Savion Williams, and fewer 3-star guys like Velus Jones, Cedric Tillman, Theo Jackson, Matthew Butler, Jeremy Banks, Aaron Beasley, and Jay Blakely?

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
So more 4-stars like Morven Joseph, Carlin Fils-aime, Greg Emerson, Malachi Wideman, Martavius French, JJ Peterson, Jordan Allen, Jarrett Guarantano, Savion Williams, and fewer 3-star guys like Velus Jones, Cedric Tillman, Theo Jackson, Matthew Butler, Jeremy Banks, Aaron Beasley, and Jay Blakely?
If your thing is 3 stars, you'll find this cycle very satisfying.

None of it comes out of my pocket so whatever TN can afford is fine with me.

Regardless of whether your worried about him leaving or not, what should UT pay him just to keep him happy and not looking? Has he earned a raise based of this years performance? Just curious what you think he's worth with all these big contracts getting signed. 5,6,7,8 million?? For reference, Kentucky is paying Stoops 5.3 million. While i think the money these guys make is ridiculous, I feel like he deserves a raise based on performance and where his pay currently ranks in the SEC.
Raise yes, extension no. Too soon.

Reactions: VolsSince78
SIAP, but FWIW, virtually nobody at either of the two OU boards I just peeked into likes the idea of Heupel.

names discussed/desired
(in no particular order):
Aranda,
M.Stoops
Kiffin
Venables
Urban
UGA DC guy
Fickell
Beamer

The market sets the rate…not what gives you, me or any other fan warm, fuzzies. Coach salaries are enormous these days. There is no denying that. So, we either pay with the times or continue to watch the times pass us by.

Was about to post this. The market has changed dramatically just this off season. Bama is going to have to put Saban at 20 million a season.

”Selective capitalism” is that the new woke phrase? It’s simply applying the resources to what the college system is for. It’s called education, get it …

Your opinion on salary limits for CFB coaches and distributing TV revenue to “students” are both noted.

And you’re suggesting I’m “woke”. 😂

Your opinion on salary limits for CFB coaches and distributing TV revenue to “students” are both noted.

And you’re suggesting I’m “woke”. 😂
😂. No I simply asked a question. Seems like you are a little touchy …😂😂. Thank you for “noting” my opinion and your need for telling everyone.

My thing is guys who perform on game day. I could care less how they were ranked on recruiting sites prior to that.
In case you've missed it, there is an amazing correlation between how athletes are rated and how they perform on game day.

For people sweating recruiting, ask yourself one question….what other coach in America could legitimately tell a skill player recruit, with a straight face, that there could be drives in a game where they could get THREE OR FOUR TOUCHES of the ball in 60 seconds? That gets attention

VN Store

Back