What is going on?

Honestly, at this point we may as well embrace the suckitude of the program, and hope that the AD doesn't fire Corch Beldar Cornbread, and make the moron finish his contract and a) improve and actually metamorphose into a competent head coach, b) move on by choice, or c) continue the current trajectory and commit career seppuku by the light of the dumpster.

Reactions: VolNExile
Fair point. But I don't think anyone in the AD is ready to go "coach shopping" in 2021. Also, if Pruitt has an even marginally improved season, there will be many tried and true Vol fans opening up their wallets yet again. Vol fans are fickle, but loyal.
Agree, but on the margin, their loyalty is getting razor thin

Reactions: knoxvol16
My assumption is they are really doing a thorough investigation on these allegations. If they rise to the level of firing with cause, we might...might see a change. If not, they'll likely let him hire yet another staff or a large part of it and further commit us to buy-outs to make a future coaching change even more costly. Either way this guy is in over his head and no matter how much support and money we throw at this situation, it's not going to change that fact.

A lot is going on.
It's just not reportable at the moment.

They are probably trying to get the allotted money to let Pruitt go. And Fulmer is probably interviewing different prospects as well as examining the other coaches to see if some are worth keeping with a potential new coaching staff.

They canceled that bowl after not having problems all year with Covid in regards to cancellations. They used it as an excuse to allow themselves and the other coaches to start searching other options. Time is precious when you need to find people to fill spaces.

You don't go 3-7 at Tennessee in year 3 and keep your job.

Theyre tight lipped because they're busy as hell and everyone is trying to make moves as quietly as possible.

There is so much to consider. Recruiting. Booster support, fan support projection into the upcoming year. Recruiting time for potential new coaching staff. Who to hire if they bit the bullet and kept Pruitt.

There is a lot to work through after this type of season without having to report and update about a bunch of stuff to the public. Plus the Holidays...

Just when I think 🤔 they had all of us fooled...

I refuse to waste my time watching bad, non-competitive football, by any team. I am not going to waste my money again on season tickets when the game is over either in the 1st Qtr or by halftime. Where in the HEllo can incompetents make millions per year and not be responsible to anyone for the crap they willingly serve to consumers? I have never seen a brand destroyed, like UT football “T”, since Schlitz beer destroyed their brand by changing how it was brewed and marketed their beer. The fans are the only ones who care about UT football being competitive in the SEC... and we obviously have no value and no voice.
So you’re saying we are the new Coke as same as the old Coke but with no sugar, carbonation, or taste.

Our fan base will continue to be served shite sandwiches 🥪 and expected to like it. Just go to Pilot and wash it down with a Big Gulp of gasoline.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
I refuse to waste my time watching bad, non-competitive football, by any team. I am not going to waste my money again on season tickets when the game is over either in the 1st Qtr or by halftime. Where in the HEllo can incompetents make millions per year and not be responsible to anyone for the crap they willingly serve to consumers? I have never seen a brand destroyed, like UT football “T”, since Schlitz beer destroyed their brand by changing how it was brewed and marketed their beer. The fans are the only ones who care about UT football being competitive in the SEC... and we obviously have no value and no voice.
Best post of the thread award!!

Our fan base will continue to be served shite sandwiches 🥪 and expected to like it. Just go to Pilot and wash it down with a Big Gulp of gasoline.
They can serve it all they won’t, but I ain’t buying their s***. They don’t deserve my money. It’s time for them to give me what I so ricjly deserve - tons of wins.

Reactions: WestTnVFL971
Honestly, at this point we may as well embrace the suckitude of the program, and hope that the AD doesn't fire Corch Beldar Cornbread, and make the moron finish his contract and a) improve and actually metamorphose into a competent head coach, b) move on by choice, or c) continue the current trajectory and commit career seppuku by the light of the dumpster.
Liked for seeing quality writing on VN, especially on the FF. Bonus points for “career seppuku.”

Doesn't it seem odd to want to fire the AD when the men's basketball program is one of the top teams in the nation? The women's program is getting better and other sports besides football looking good? I realize football is the biggie...but Fulmer has not been entirely inept as AD. He resigned Barnes when it looked like he was gone. He made a solid move firing Holly. He did make a mistake extending Pruitt though...but you have to consider ALL athletic teams when grading the AD.
From what I have heard, he DID NOT want to keep Barnes. That was a Randy Boyd decision.

Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. I also don’t understand what you mean by the silence coming out of Knoxville. Other that the two signing days, every program goes silent after their season ends, until spring training.

VN Store

Back