What is going on with Georgia fans?

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.
I keep trying to tell people, they're the worst overall fanbase out there. I mean they literally will fight you all day arguing they're a dynasty. Nobody is ever gonna beat them again, ever. They'd beat half the NFL teams, laugh when you say Tennessee had a 9 year winning streak and call you a liar. The majority, literally, have no clue about anything Georgia, except the last 4-5 years. There are some good people, but for the most they're delusional talking football. I hope LSU, as much as I dislike Kelly, stuns them 🤣. If not, they'll choke in the playoffs, it's coming, and I'll likely be fighting for my life when it does. 🤣

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
He's not wrong. You've won 2 titles, we have 6. Any other sport besides gymnastics, you've never been good at. Outside of Georgia fans, you're literally mocked for barking 🤣. I mean the butthurt you all had while Tennessee was getting attention was pathetic, even after winning that game at home. Better toughen up buttercup, it's downhill from here. You're not winning this year, and Tennessee is moving the right direction

What is up with their fixation on us? Every video I've watched. Every message board I've visited. Every comment on every story about us. No matter where, it's all the same thing. Bulldogs fans popping up out of the woodwork reveling in our loss.

Why? They're number 1. They beat us. But the fixation they have had on us since the week of our game with them is....weird. Bama is our rival and after a week or 2 they seemed to not care so much. Yet, here's Georgia just focused on us. Even more than South Carolina fans.

It's just weird.
It's multiple things. After so long of not able to break through. They are attacking all of the ones that gave them hades over the years. We had such a run in 90s they still aren't over. Add to that they will never admit it but we have the right coach and while they too have the right coach when we have a capable roster and not the 2nd year patch job we have now we are their biggest threat long term as Saban nears retirement and Brian Kelly and LSU being in the mix we have as good a shot as any once every 2 to 4 years to win the conference. So they making fun while they can.

Last edited:
The stadium, the crowd, the pre-game, the ritual, the pageantry, the history, and just the overall tradition. GA is second fiddle to TN across the board athletically.... except for women's gymnastics.

Meanwhile, they play in a cookie cutter stadium with some bushes, their colors are stock red and black, and their mascot is shared by half of the high schools in America. Their helmet is a knock-off of the Packers helmet (they had to ask for permission) and their athletic complex is named after a skid mark (Butts-Mehre....really???.....LMAO).

Outside of Georgia, no one cares about them, and their brand is in no way national. Ask yourself this: what is their fight song? Who knows? Who really cares?

Other than barking during kickoffs what 'tradition' do they have?

It's harsh, but it's true.

I’ll answer that. Vol Twitter and your social media fans were relentless after y’all beat UK. Your fans came into Georgia Facebook groups and trolled the hell out of us. Y’all were going to roll into Athens and lay “fiddy” on us, y’all were going to blow us out, y’all were going to bring 25K fans to Athens, y’all were this, y’all were that.

Then we won. Then the only reason we won was because of of the rain and you “won” the second half. You’d beat us on a neutral field. It was still relentless.

To be frank, the social media fanbase (Twitter, Facebook) is an embarrassment but I’m sure that goes for many fanbases. Up until that loss last night y’all were still trolling our pages.

To top it off, the national media disrespected us leading up to that game with y’all. That’s not a UT issue but still part of it. Herbstreit every time y’all made a good play against UK would say “you watching that Kirby?” and then all of game day picked y’all to beat us in our house where we’ve lost one time since 2017.

So I’d ask the same of this fanbase. We aren’t really rivals but you’d think we were based on that.
Not rivals? What are you 15?

Meanwhile, they play in a cookie cutter stadium with some bushes, their colors are stock red and black, and their mascot is shared by half of the high schools in America. Their helmet is a knock-off of the Packers helmet (they had to ask for permission) and their athletic complex is named after a skid mark (Butts-Mehre....really???.....LMAO).

Outside of Georgia, no one cares about them, and their brand is in no way national. Ask yourself this: what is their fight song? Who knows? Who really cares?

They also play weak as hell out of conference schedules. They never cross the Mississippi or the Mason Dixon line.

I never thought I’d hate a team more than the Florida Gators, but the sheer number of classless front runner a-hole Georgia fans has me reconsidering this. Some of the comments I’ve seen on social media today about Hooker and his injury are unbelievable.
South Carolina fans have made their fair share of cloddish comments as well.

And is we have an 80+ post thread talking about uga. And we talk about Kirby and a rematch on a neutral field in about every other thread. Not sure why we’re criticizing other message boards for talking about a rival.

They don’t like us? I mean it’s pretty simple. A loss like this confirms we aren’t on track of being elite again anytime soon. It’s a relief for them.

Reactions: mpfvol
Not weird at all. UGA fans have heard and read for a couple of weeks about how afraid they were at a potential rematch with Tennessee. This isn't weird, its quite predictable.

It’s not UGA was afraid of a rematch. They were afraid of us becoming elite again and they should always be afraid of that idea. But that kinda loss shows we aren’t and probably aren’t going to be anytime soon. Big relief for them I’d say

It's just weird.
Probably the same reason our boards revel in anyone else in the SECs loss. If they'd taken an embarrassing loss these boards would be full of threads making fun of them. It's not like we have room to judge there. I haven't even checked but I'm sure there's at least a few threads about Vandy spanking Florida and when Bama lost to LSU folks reveled. I've never understood it. I want every SEC for to win all their games not against US because it validates is when we beat good teams. It's in our best interest for every team in the SEC to have the best records they can.

Reactions: SLODAWG
The stadium, the crowd, the pre-game, the ritual, the pageantry, the history, and just the overall tradition. GA is second fiddle to TN across the board athletically.... except for women's gymnastics.
I'll ask around to the many UGA fans I know to see where Tennessee's pageantry ranks among their concerns.

I live amongst them. They have always been the most obnoxious, stuck up bunch of a holes this side of the nut house. Even in the years we dominated them they were unbearable to be around. In a crowd of 1000’s I could pick one out even without their fan gear on.

I never thought I’d hate a team more than the Florida Gators, but the sheer number of classless front runner a-hole Georgia fans has me reconsidering this. Some of the comments I’ve seen on social media today about Hooker and his injury are unbelievable.
South Carolina fans have made their fair share of cloddish comments as well.

Classless, I agree, but it was likely due to this when we played at UT in 2017.

Look: Tennessee fans display tasteless signs about Nick Chubb

Reactions: PADAWG

Cookie cutter stadium, that’s a first in regards to Sanford. No stadium literally sits in the middle of campus the way ours does. And if you don’t know our fight song, you aren’t a college football fan.

Not national? Better tell that to all of our players from out west. You know, like Brock Bowers from Napa, CA..

He's not wrong. You've won 2 titles, we have 6. Any other sport besides gymnastics, you've never been good at. Outside of Georgia fans, you're literally mocked for barking 🤣. I mean the butthurt you all had while Tennessee was getting attention was pathetic, even after winning that game at home. Better toughen up buttercup, it's downhill from here. You're not winning this year, and Tennessee is moving the right direction

Butthurt?😂 Nah, your trolls were just relentless. We have a national title in baseball. Y’all don’t. Plenty of examples. Before 1998, your next earliest title was in the 1960s, correct?

As for not winning this year, go make you some money in Vegas and bet on it. National consensus is that we are the heads on favorite to win it.

And it’s 3 titles, not 2.

Reactions: Clayton and PADAWG

Why exactly should UGA fans be concerned with what people outside of Georgia or outside the Dawg fanbase think? Mocking colors, helmet logo, the stadium....is this best you've got? Do you really think UGA fans are jealous the team doesn't wear orange?

VN Store

Back