What if we just started by firing Fulmer..... tonight?

But he was a better coordinator

I would agree with you now. Because obviously Pruitt just a figurehead under good HCs. But at the time, on paper it looked like Pruitt was the better coordinator. It was for sure quite the ruse though lol

Reactions: dlravol2
We were in an sec championship the year before the Redbeck rabble got our all time winningest coach after Neyland the axe.

Again, you got what you wanted. 10 wins and East championships wasn’t good enough for you. We’re paying the price now.

How many other schools have offered him a HC or administrative position since us morons ran him off?

Reactions: CSVol and BSAvol
How many other schools have offered him a HC or administrative position since us morons ran him off?
Who was your answer at the time Einstein? NONE of us knew who would work out and we all hoped for the best. We ALL knew it would certainly be a work in progress.....well....lookie here sunshine...it's a work in progress. You'd bitch about a McRib with no bun....

Who was your answer at the time Einstein? NONE of us knew who would work out and we all hoped for the best. We ALL knew it would certainly be a work in progress.....well....lookie here sunshine...it's a work in progress. You'd bitch about a McRib with no bun....

You do know that without Fulmer lobbying for and endorsing Hamilton for the AD job he wouldn’t have gotten it don’t you? Mike Hamilton is who screwed us so the reality is Fuller is responsible for where we are today.

You are certainly one of the more interesting characters I’ve ever met on this site. I can’t tell if you’re drunk or if you have Tourette’s.

You do know that without Fulmer lobbying for and endorsing Hamilton for the AD job he wouldn’t have gotten it don’t you? Mike Hamilton is who screwed us so the reality is Fuller is responsible for where we are today.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Saying he would accept the university's decision, an emotional Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer confirmed Monday at a tension-filled news conference at Neyland Stadium that he would not return next season.
Fulmer, tearing up several different times and with many of his players openly glaring at Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton, made it clear that it wasn't his decision to step aside after 17 seasons at his alma mater.

You damn genius...keep on chatting....

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.
How much does Fulmer make and does he have a buyout.?

Let's see what we can hire Hart or Hamilton for. If that'll satisfy you bitche** then we should be all good to go since the AD is the problem.....

Can you provide a link to this? I’m curious and want to read more on it. Thanks!
You can google it and find plenty of stories about it. Such as Thorton writing Bev Davenport and telling her Phil wants to take the coaching job back but he won't work for John Currie. Currie detailing his negotiations with Doren, his trip to see Leach, the fact that Leach felt he had been offered the job and accepted it.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Saying he would accept the university's decision, an emotional Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer confirmed Monday at a tension-filled news conference at Neyland Stadium that he would not return next season.
Fulmer, tearing up several different times and with many of his players openly glaring at Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton, made it clear that it wasn't his decision to step aside after 17 seasons at his alma mater.

You damn genius...keep on chatting....

And? That doesn’t negate the fact that Fulmer got Hamilton the job.

Reactions: sonofUT62
By default it would be Fulmer. He is smart enough to know who the top-tier coaches in the country are. It would be his last official act as AD.

We were in an sec championship the year before the Redbeck rabble got our all time winningest coach after Neyland the axe.

Again, you got what you wanted. 10 wins and East championships wasn’t good enough for you. We’re paying the price now.

Fulmer signed an extension that started he automatically gets another year as long as he wins 8 games, the year before he was fired. Get out with this 10 wins and winning the East garbage. He did that with Cutcliffe and got himself a raise. It was the 5 win seasons without Cutcliffe that did it.

By default it would be Fulmer. He is smart enough to know who the top-tier coaches in the country are. It would be his last official act as AD.

If you actually think that a competent coach with options would take a job knowing that the AD was about to be replaced, then I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.
I like it. It would warm my heart to see Fulmer fired a second time. Good riddance.

Fulmer extended Pruitt. But let’s not forget that Fulmer just got an extension as well. So firing Fulmer brings the same brain-trust back into play that thought extending Fulmer was a good idea.

VN Store

Back