What if we just started by firing Fulmer..... tonight?

Look, I get you guys are upset at the season....but Fulmer wasn't put into a particularly great place to hire a coach. (I was for him being fired as a coach...and I now reflect that might have been an untimely decision). None of us are obviously happy right now. However, we soon forget the shitshow that was the last coaching search. We soon forget how we were ok with being acceptable to a new head coach (with promise) learning on the job. Now you're not ok with either. Get your heads out of your asses and give these 2 at least a fighting chance.

I'm as pissed as you are but whether you or I actually like it or not....it takes time. If Pruitt is horrible at least let him fill the roster with talent before we roast him alive.
I guess mediocrity is your game.

What has Fulmer done to make him a poor AD? I don't understand. Pruitt gone? Probably should happen. But Fulmer? sheez...

Let's see, hired Pruitt. Strike one and two. Pick one for strike 3. Extended Pruitt with literally 0 demand for his services from any other team and multiple years remaining on his contract. Extended Holly Warlick when it was very obvious she wasn't competent. Had to fire her and eat a bigger buy out 8 months later. Lost Rick Barnes to UCLA, but got lucky UCLA decided to refuse to pay his buyout after Barnes had already accepted the job.

The question is, what has Fulmer done to make anyone consider him a good AD? Let alone one worth a million dollars a year.

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.
Except the problem with UT is at the leadership level and two boosters! Not going to get fixed!

No. He has been here three years. There is no indication whatsoever in any way that Pruitt is a competent coach. Our players aren’t developed, the basics are lacking. We still can’t line up properly. We don’t manage TOs well, and the overall game management is pitiful. We have failed to use the portal to acquire a serviceable QB, and he has been wedded to a lousy QB for 3 years.

What is inevitable should be done immediately. Pruitt is not going to be a good HC here. He may be like a Coach O and be a good HC down the road, but we’d can’t wait 10 years for him to learn the job.

No. No more time. Just no.
I can certainly agree with some of that for sure. The lack of improvement concerns me greatly, but again....we knew this would be a heavy learning curve when we hired him. We weren't exactly attracting top notch candidates as I recall in our search. Now we want to do it again (with our recent shitshow in immediate memory for all????) Not so fast my friend. Let this guy recruit some high quality kids...he has been good at that.

I can certainly agree with some of that for sure. The lack of improvement concerns me greatly, but again....we knew this would be a heavy learning curve when we hired him. We weren't exactly attracting top notch candidates as I recall in our search. Now we want to do it again (with our recent shitshow in immediate memory for all????) Not so fast my friend. Let this guy recruit some high quality kids...he has been good at that.

Sure fine. I disagree with that opinion but you’re certainly entitled to it. But in the meanwhile, the guy who saddled the AD with an unnecessary extra 5 million in “ on the job learning costs” can pack up his office.

Reactions: rockytophigh
Well how well did our previous non-coaching ADs do? I'll wait.

I'm not saying Fulmer is the answer, don't misunderstand.....what I'm saying is he wasn't exactly dealt a fair hand after the previous "professional" ADs came through.
So Fulmer may be incompetent and unqualified but that's cool because you feel his predecessors were also?

If we fired Fulmer today wouldn’t he forgo the remainder of his contract since he loves UT and bleeds orange?

Reactions: sonofUT62
I guess mediocrity is your game.
Yes, I get up every single day for it....dolt. What is your plan? We just showed our a** to the nation in our last coaching search and the media surely wouldn't scrutinize our next right? So....brains....what would you suggest?

Yes, I get up every single day for it....dolt. What is your plan? We just showed our a** to the nation in our last coaching search and the media surely wouldn't scrutinize our next right? So....brains....what would you suggest?
Hire a competent AD.

Reactions: BSAvol

I would suggest that we already have back channel conversations with prospective coaches going on and have one wrapped up the day the current one is fired.

Reactions: CSVol and onevol74
So Fulmer may be incompetent and unqualified but that's cool because you feel his predecessors were also?
I feel he's just as good....I mean who let's Kiffin out like that and is considered qualified???? You, nor I have all the answers....but I think we all need to calm down a bit and try and figure this out logically. We've been mulit generationally screwed here...it's not just now.

I would suggest that we already have back channel conversations with prospective coaches going on and have one wrapped up the day the current one is fired.
I suggest I have Victoria Secret models lined up in my garage.....they'd be more likely to be there than a coach in Knoxville. We have gone through this for at least 20 damn years. You wanna hire another subpar coach to replace the subpar coach?? Rock on brother.

At some point, we have to realize you can’t just fire your way to success. I think we have gotten addicted to firing people around here and it hasn’t gotten us anywhere.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
At some point, we have to realize you can’t just fire your way to success. I think we have gotten addicted to firing people around here and it hasn’t gotten us anywhere.

In football there's no other way to get there.

I suggest I have Victoria Secret models lined up in my garage.....they'd be more likely to be there than a coach in Knoxville. We have gone through this for at least 20 damn years. You wanna hire another subpar coach to replace the subpar coach?? Rock on brother.

No, I never said anything about hiring a subpar coach. That’s why I want Fulmer gone so we don’t.

You can’t retain employees that don’t preform and expect success either.

Reactions: onevol74
No, I never said anything about hiring a subpar coach. That’s why I want Fulmer gone so we don’t.
What makes you think Fulmer would make a worse hire than his previous counterparts????? How would that be even attainable??? lmao. He would literally have to go out and try to hire a worse candidate.

Realize we're a shitshow right now in the world of coaching searches....it doesn't matter who our AD is....we've screwed the pooch so good her puppies are laughing at us. We need all that nasty memory to fade away and then move on. Unless a serious high-end coach is available on the quiet side.....

What makes you think Fulmer would make a worse hire than his previous counterparts????? How would that be even attainable??? lmao. He would literally have to go out and try to hire a worse candidate.

Realize we're a shitshow right now in the world of coaching searches....it doesn't matter who our AD is....we've screwed the pooch so good her puppies are laughing at us. We need all that nasty memory to fade away and then move on. Unless a serious high-end coach is available on the quiet side.....

Fulmer made a worse hire than his predecessors is exhibit 1
Fulmer got Hamilton the AD job is exhibit 2
Fulmer has NO coaching tree is exhibit 3 as to why he cannot be trusted to make another hire.

Hire a respected AD. It tells Everyone that things are changing and it isn’t going to be a $hit show moving forward.

Hire a respected AD. It tells Everyone that things are changing and it isn’t going to be a $hit show moving forward.
Our previous ADs weren't respected???? Where's the proof of that? They were elevated and very well respected! Now you're just talking out your whoo whoo lmao. I kid I kid. Seriously though....who's the AD at LSU? Bama? Auburn? Florida? I can name the coaches, but not the ADs. What does it take to be a great AD (In your minds?) a winning coach in football.

I get we're all placing blame for our losses on whoever that moves....but Fulmer really hasn't done anything other than hire Pruitt.

VN Store

Back