What Happened to the Affordable Pickup Truck?

Ordered this... 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. Hard to find at this time due to last strike by GM auto workers. Ordered it a month ago... it is now somewhere near Missoula and will pick it up later this week.
21698975181.jpg
Bns3oOw.jpg
heated seats?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I really want a newer Tacoma or Ranger. To me the price can't be justified. I could get a hell of a lot cooler car for 30k

I will say that Toyota trucks hold their value like crazy. If you buy one right you'll be set when it comes to resale.

My problem with them is that I never wanna resale them. I have a 1995.5 tacoma that I will drive forever. My new taco is a 2010 and she is barely broken in. However, I like my old one better.

Not really “looking” and I don’t know about reviews and what not, but a very nice Lariet edition Ranger quad cab with a 6” lift, 20” Fuel wheels, and Nitto tires is $48k. Can’t wrap my head around spending that much on a Ranger.

Not really “looking” and I don’t know about reviews and what not, but a very nice Lariet edition Ranger quad cab with a 6” lift, 20” Fuel wheels, and Nitto tires is $48k. Can’t wrap my head around spending that much on a Ranger.
Lmao 50k for a Ranger.

Reactions: McDad
I have a very cheap truck. It's a four-door, 2WD 2003 Nissan Frontier, manual, no power locks or anything fancy...my Dad bought it used around 2006 for $15k (and has since sold it to me). That still seems more expensive than trucks used to be and this truck has only gone 60k miles and even still it's falling apart....little things like the latch on the tailgate is broken.

Update, I'm locked out of my truck because turning the key in either door does not unlock it. The passenger door has been broken for years, but I got locked out of driver's side last night.

I really don't want to pay for a locksmith, how hard is it to use a slim jim? I imagine at some point I'll get locked out again (kids or somebody borrowing it, or something).

Newer cars use some different geometry so look on line for how the rods are oriented or if you have a sliding rear window and a small child that might be earlier to “Jimmy”

Update, I'm locked out of my truck because turning the key in either door does not unlock it. The passenger door has been broken for years, but I got locked out of driver's side last night.

I really don't want to pay for a locksmith, how hard is it to use a slim jim? I imagine at some point I'll get locked out again (kids or somebody borrowing it, or something).
Not hard. You can pry the door just a tiny bit and slide a coat hanger in to get to the lock.

pry open at corner, fashion a wire coat hanger to either push the switch or pull the lock.
Also you can buy new or replacement locks online. not that hard to replace.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Ford coming out with a new cheaper truck. Not sure how I never heard of this till today. Unibody frame similar to a Ridgeline. If only they'd make a regular cab. Always was a small truck fan.

Ford will reveal a new pickup truck next week on Tuesday, June 8, at 6 a.m. ET, and this is the first official photo of what will be called the Maverick. It's a compact pickup that'll be smaller and cheaper than the body-on-frame Ranger mid-size truck, and it should arrive by the end of the year starting just over $20,000.

2022 Ford Maverick Compact Pickup Will Debut on Tuesday, June 8

VN Store

Back