What happened to Jesse Simonton?

CA_Vol

I know he’s a UF grad, but I always liked his analysis from Volquest. Anyone know why he left and what he’s doing now? His Twitter and LinkedIn say he’s in NYC.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I know he’s a UF grad, but I always liked his analysis from Volquest. Anyone know why he left and what he’s doing now? His Twitter and LinkedIn say he’s in NYC.

His time in Knoxville always had a time limit on it with his wife's residency. It wasn't a huge secret, but he didn't talk about it much until the end. But Brent and crew knew when they hired him away from the AJC's SEC site that he woud be leaving after three years. I'm jealous, he 's basically a kept man.

His time in Knoxville always had a time limit on it with his wife's residency. It wasn't a huge secret, but he didn't talk about it much until the end. But Brent and crew knew when they hired him away from the AJC's SEC site that he woud be leaving after three years. I'm jealous, he 's basically a kept man.
indeed.

although hobnobbing with Docs is...😏

Bet he got laid off. The past six months have probably been the worst market for sports media in most of our lifetimes. He was good, though.
The irony is your second sentence is certainly true, and it’s been sports media/journalists who have reflexively put politics ahead of their own jobs (and science, facts, common sense, etc) by routinely and vociferously arguing that no sports should be played under any conditions/circumstances....thereby helping create that “worst market for sports media”. It’s truly amazing to witness.

The irony is your second sentence is certainly true, and it’s been sports media/journalists who have reflexively put politics ahead of their own jobs (and science, facts, common sense, etc) by routinely and vociferously arguing that no sports should be played under any conditions/circumstances....thereby helping create that “worst market for sports media”. It’s truly amazing to witness.
It is a hedging of bets as a business decision. Take Dan Wolken for example; he's been saying for months the season shouldn't be played. If the season is played, most people eventually forget that he was wrong and he has actual games to write about. If the season isn't played, he's got months of smug "I told you so" columns.

Reactions: vettefool
lol, his wife is a Doctor who got her dream job in NY. He didnt get laid off, the guys were very candid about how well liked he was & and it was kind of a surprise to them.

Do y'all not Podcasf?
Do you need an iPod?

Witness protection program in deserted metropolis up north some where.

Reactions: CA_Vol

VN Store

Back