What happened to Baylen Buchanan?

Spinal stenosis... Likely out for the year.

Spinal Stenosis can cause many problems, I have it, it can mess with you in many ways, but the issue is higher risk of paralysis in athletes......now, there is all kinds of paralysis.......exercise and PT can keep it manageable. The narrowing of the spinal cord is scary, especially in the neck (me), you become very self-aware when looking up, you want to minimize anything that could make it worse.

Go Vols!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Spinal Stenosis can cause many problems, I have it, it can mess with you in many ways, but the issue is higher risk of paralysis in athletes......now, there is all kinds of paralysis.......exercise and PT can keep it manageable. The narrowing of the spinal cord is scary, especially in the neck (me), you become very self-aware when looking up, you want to minimize anything that could make it worse.

Go Vols!
Please tell us that you are doing ok.

You screw up that spine and it's gonna change your life and not for the better. He's hopefully got a long life ahead so unless the kid digs daily pain and surgeries, he'd be wise to get out of football/contact sports.

Please tell us that you are doing ok.

Yes, doing fine, but there are days that are almost debilitating (pain, stiffness, ) as you age, it's not a matter of if, but when surgery is required. I try to stay in shape, can't run, I cycle, lift light, and I only eat a half a rack vs. A whole rack of ribs 😖, alchohol is not a friend of stenosis, so, it's one small beer 😭

Thanks for asking...........Go Vols!

Yes, doing fine, but there are days that are almost debilitating (pain, stiffness, ) as you age, it's not a matter of if, but when surgery is required. I try to stay in shape, can't run, I cycle, lift light, and I only eat a half a rack vs. A whole rack of ribs 😖, alchohol is not a friend of stenosis, so, it's one small beer 😭

Thanks for that update. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Reactions: FlyFishnVol

I have a herniated c6 and c7 disk with severe stenosis and have found incredible results from dry needling (acupuncture) and traction

Reactions: JBondVol
I have a herniated c6 and c7 disk with severe stenosis and have found incredible results from dry needling (acupuncture) and traction
I’ve had bouts of sciatica but that’s nothing compared to what you deal with.

VN Store

Back