What early enrollee will have biggest impact?

Volteacher

There are some really solid freshman who have arrived on campus this January. You have your obvious players like Wanya and crouch who will gets lots of playing time but you also have players like Jackson Lowe might have more of an impact simply for numbers reasons.

I am leaning toward Crouch being in the system for 8 months before his first game and being a LB, because that is where CJP defense is built around a really good LB core that can cover and rush the QB with effectiveness. Wanya is a 5 Star but freshman OL have a harder time adjusting ( course trey smith did just fine). Gray at RB?
what are you thoughts on who will make the biggest impact NOT best player or the best stats but the biggest impact?

Reactions: Vol49er
There are some really solid freshman who have arrived on campus this January. You have your obvious players like Wanya and crouch who will gets lots of playing time but you also have players like Jackson Lowe might have more of an impact simply for numbers reasons.

I am leaning toward Crouch being in the system for 8 months before his first game and being a LB, because that is where CJP defense is built around a really good LB core that can cover and rush the QB with effectiveness. Wanya is a 5 Star but freshman OL have a harder time adjusting ( course trey smith did just fine). Gray at RB?
what are you thoughts on who will make the biggest impact NOT best player or the best stats but the biggest impact?
I think I will wait until Spring practice is over. 2-4 of the early EEs may see a lot of playing time this Fall.

Wanya for sure but I’m thinking McCullough is going to football smart, fundamental, savage his place by the end of the season and not look back. Ed Reed-Troy Polamalu type thing.
He will probably have a chance at it agreed. Just wondering how having flowers and warrior ahead of him will play out.

I think he could be a stud at Star as well, but again couple guys ahead of him. And still hoping sham "gets it"...

But you're right. Mcollough is probably ahead of the game as true freshman go...

Reactions: MustafaRasta
He will probably have a chance at it agreed. Just wondering how having flowers and warrior ahead of him will play out.

I think he could be a stud at Star as well, but again couple guys ahead of him. And still hoping sham "gets it"...

But you're right. Mcollough is probably ahead of the game as true freshman go...
Flowers is a different safety than McCullough...that center fielder role. Warrior occupies McCullough’s eventual spot imo. But until then he’ll get more and more snaps as the season rolls along...roster injuries and performance considering. Star does seem to fit.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Reactions: Vol Main and njvols
Bray was an Early Enrollee and he ended being the starter mid season. Can't help but to think that those extra 5 months on campus helped prep him

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
I Would caution the expectations for any fr OL. They almost unanimously need a year in a weight program before making a real difference.

For OL who we need to take the next step are Johnson and Carvin. 2 really talented guys that desperately need an offseason of getting bigger and stronger.

like several posters above I think mccullough and burrell have huge upside to them. Also Akporoghene should get a huge boost by getting here early. Wish Lampley could have gotten in on the action. I expect fierce competition to ensue over our LB's when you consider Crouch, Banks, JJ Richardson, and maybe another contending with Bituli, Ignot, and Kirkland and S.Reid. A few others I'm sure I'm overlooking.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I'll take Jackson Lowe,,nobody is mentioning him.lol
Also,,it wouldn't hurt for a tight end to really step up and make a name for or himself. I know we have Woods-Anderson but having more can only help.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
like several posters above I think mccullough and burrell have huge upside to them. Also Akporoghene should get a huge boost by getting here early. Wish Lampley could have gotten in on the action. I expect fierce competition to ensue over our LB's when you consider Crouch, Banks, JJ Richardson, and maybe another contending with Bituli, Ignot, and Kirkland and S.Reid. A few others I'm sure I'm overlooking.
Ummm... JJ Peterson?

Reactions: FBtime
Morris will need to get stronger ..heard he got pushed around at the UA game practice but I predict he will play some out of necessity not because he is ready ... Akporoghene is raw and needs alot of work technique wise will redshirt , Id says best bet is Eric Gray at RB and Ramel Keeton at WR and Jackson Lowe at TE ... should be able to get in top 3 in rotation ..we have alot of waste at TE position overloaded with guys who will never play ... Crouch will have that opportunity if he can stay healthy and learn the OLB position , Mauer will redshirt at QB , McCullough seems mature enough that he could play in reserve role .. same for Tyes Fields at CB ... other DB Burrell will redshirt ...

Reactions: Volle
these questions always leave me torn...I want them all to make a "BIG" difference...ASAP...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: Ratvol
Wanya of the ee's
Not sure if this is accurate or not but there were rumors he would need surgery for a minor hip condition. Idk that I see an Olineman having a huge impact year 1 but long term Wanya might have the biggest impact. I could see a freshman getting into the defense and having an impact though.

Not sure if this is accurate or not but there were rumors he would need surgery for a minor hip condition. Idk that I see an Olineman having a huge impact year 1 but long term Wanya might have the biggest impact. I could see a freshman getting into the defense and having an impact though.
Last I read, no surgery. If that's changed, I'm not aware of it.

We need Wanya on offense and Quavaris on defense to make huge impacts imo. I hope it’s those two.

How could anyone have watched our poor OL play last year and think a 5 star frosh OL WOULDN'T be a starter this year? Not directed at you KB but some of these others that parrot the standard VN line about freshman OL don't start. They routinely do at the schools that beat the hell out of us.

VN Store

Back