What does investigation have to find to out JP

Thank you I believe that's the first straight answer, so for him to be fired with cause is very unlikely do you see a negotiation taking place or do you feel the investigation is nothing substantial and more or less just oversight?

So far, I’ve heard nothing but speculation and rumors regarding the investigation. Some would be a big deal and some wouldn’t. The end result always comes down to what can actually be proven. Typically, it’s easy to determine something improper happened but it’s rarely tied directly to a HC. Ultimately, we will know more in the days ahead.

What kind of backwards, mafia-style thinking is this?

Let's figure out what it would take to get rid of the schmuck, then manufacture (or in this case wish for) just enough bad stuff to come to light to get that job done?

What? Are you seriously taking the first step toward wishing ill on our program just to get rid of a coach you don't like?

A million here a million there you're beginning to talk about real money. If a molehill can be blown up into a mountain and the UTAD comes out a few million to the good, it could be well worth it.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Calm down Woke Warrior!
You should try Jack Daniels. It’s the help you calm your tits medicine.
Heh, me Woke. That's a good one.

I have to tell you, I've been on a regular Jack regimen for years. It does help.

Reactions: Vato
Read his contract, there are sections about conduct, rules and NCAA.
To me, it seems IF there's something serious, that could be the only way Pruitt is out. I personally think that a change now wouldn't serve us well...recruits and players loss to collective decent young talent on the team. I think you give Pruitt one last shot to show this covid season was an aberration. I mean, I can't really sit here and say that Aub or SC are better off than they were before they made their changes...additionally, Aub is #60 on Rivals and SC isn't in top 100. We are sitting at a respectable #14 rivals, but not great (#6 in conf) in recruiting, and need talent just as much if not more than trading Pruitt for another Google coach.

Let's figure out what it would take to get rid of the schmuck, then manufacture (or in this case wish for) just enough bad stuff to come to light to get that job done?

What? Are you seriously taking the first step toward wishing ill on our program just to get rid of a coach you don't like?
Sure. Cant get much worse than 3-7.

Sure. Cant get much worse than 3-7.
Sure, it can. 3-7 conference-only is akin to 6-6 in a 'normal' year.

We could have had a 2017 repeat and gone 0-fer in SEC play.

0-10 is definitely worse than 3-7. Losing to Vandy, Mizzou and USCe is definitely worse than beating them.

So sure, 3-7 sucked. But it could definitely be worse.

Reactions: VolsSince78
OP I am assuming you are asking what would the investigation need to find to fire Pruitt with cause. Meaning no buyout. If that’s the case, then I will offer my two cents.

AP and Hubbs have nothing stated that firing a contracted coach with cause is more difficult than fans realize. I believe it would come down to the NCAA finding some really egregious violations. Not just some booster payments or a credit card issued. Do you remember the movie Blue Chips with Nick Nolte? Where they were caught providing new homes and tractors etc? IMO, those are the kinds of violations that could get Pruitt fired with cause.

Now this could come down to a Hugh Freeze type of situation. The NCAA conducts its investigation and finds some violations. Tennessee decides its time to move on and gives Pruitt the option of either being fired outright or resign.

What exactly do you guys think the investigation has to find for JP to be fired with cause or at least create a scenario for buyout negotiations?
To hell with an investigation firing him. His record of losses including Georgia State, BYU, Kentucky at home...not even remotely competitive against UGA, BAMA, UF....more double digit losses than Dooley and Jones combined. That is why he needs to be fired investigation or not. That is the most red tape required at any other University to get a walking slip....yet Fulmer is all in...and here we are.
Fulmer really does not realize how badly his actions are making arguably the greatest fan base in college football not give a damn about the sport anymore. Always be fans...but no longer invested as in years past.
Fulmer needs to do his damn job period.

Here is what the contract says (You can find the entirety of the contract online)

1609427133674.png

If there is a Level 1 violation found during the investigation, both parties would likely negotiate a buyout to prevent an ugly discovery phase unless the violation is extremely awful. Again, you don't have to fire a coach for a Level 1 violation and Fulmer may be so all-in on Pruitt that he does not do that.

In addition, if there are only Level 2 type infractions found, a school will likely not use that as a reason to term for cause. UT already has the reputation for being cheap and if they use contractual terms to fire a coach for a (relatively minor) Level 2 violation, they would likely find it even harder to hire coaches in the future. At most, the school would use a Level 2 as leverage to negotiate a lower buyout. (Think of how A&M used Franchione selling personnel info to boosters as a way to negotiate a lower buyout)

Right now, this is all about leverage and Pruitt has us by the balls because of the extremely one-sided employment agreement that was negotiated back in 2017 (and extended during 2020).

Reactions: beachvol23
Fulmer really should issue a statement that we’re going to keep Pruitt another year and nuke all these rumors.

Reactions: Border Vol
Yes, that's me, you doxed me.

I've been VFL-82-JP for 5 years now, and the JP stands for Jeremy Pruitt. I somehow knew back in 2015 that Butch's decent 2015 and 2016 seasons would turn sour in 2017, that he'd be fired, that Currie would totally botch the new coach search, that Fulmer would be asked to come in and salvage things, and that he'd pick me out of all the possible candidates.

I had great vision back then.
Wish you had it on the field and in player development now.

Fulmer really should issue a statement that we’re going to keep Pruitt another year and nuke all these rumors.
I would like to see him replaced don't expect to but would just like a definitive answer one way or the other.

Have you seen the state of our program? Our program is broken. Really, we are only delaying the inevitable. What has JP shown you that indicates he is capable of doing a 180? Recruiting? In game coaching? Half time adjustments? Game Prep? Personnel decisions?

Here is what the contract says (You can find the entirety of the contract online)

View attachment 335202

If there is a Level 1 violation found during the investigation, both parties would likely negotiate a buyout to prevent an ugly discovery phase unless the violation is extremely awful. Again, you don't have to fire a coach for a Level 1 violation and Fulmer may be so all-in on Pruitt that he does not do that.

In addition, if there are only Level 2 type infractions found, a school will likely not use that as a reason to term for cause. UT already has the reputation for being cheap and if they use contractual terms to fire a coach for a (relatively minor) Level 2 violation, they would likely find it even harder to hire coaches in the future. At most, the school would use a Level 2 as leverage to negotiate a lower buyout. (Think of how A&M used Franchione selling personnel info to boosters as a way to negotiate a lower buyout)

Right now, this is all about leverage and Pruitt has us by the balls because of the extremely one-sided employment agreement that was negotiated back in 2017 (and extended during 2020).

2 Questions...1) What sort of Level 1 violation would be easy to photoshop and 2) Who has Photoshop?

You cant sell a story if you dont have one to sell.

Its being "suggested" in the media because they think Pruitt isnt getting fired without it being something more than minor violations. To date, there is nothing to suggest that it is.

Id be careful trying to "find" cause to get out from under the buyout $.
If you have a plan in place pay the buyout and send him back to Bama. If not...we don’t need a repeat of Pruitt hire or what just happened to the war eagle tigers. It’s Pruitt until leadership had consensus on a plan.

It sure sounds like he is.

OP, clear this up for me and Acuna. If your question can be thoroughly answered ("It would take A, and B, and then C. Done deal."), would you then take the next step and start wishing for A, B, and C so that Pruitt would lose the job?

Be honest now...was that going to be your next step?
Good grief. Project much?

You seem to have changed. You used to be more of a 'peacemaker', what happened?.. 2020?

If you have a plan in place pay the buyout and send him back to Bama. If not...we don’t need a repeat of Pruitt hire or what just happened to the war eagle tigers. It’s Pruitt until leadership had consensus on a plan.
th62e.jpg

VN Store

Back