What do you think of this idea?

First thing I saw after clicking the the link was "TURN OFF ALL ADS". I am definitely all for that!

Concerning the #27 thing, to me, a tradition isn't premeditated. I am fine with awarding a standout player with a special honorary number, just don't call it a tradition.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
You better run that one by Al and if you are lucky enough to wear it, you better perform above and beyond. I pity the fool who dares bring shame upon his number.

Reactions: PineyBluff Vol
I’m gonna go with “they ain’t finna be no other 27, period.” Make your own legacy. Make your number be in consideration 20 years from now.

First thing I saw after clicking the the link was "TURN OFF ALL ADS". I am definitely all for that!

Concerning the #27 thing, to me, a tradition isn't premeditated. I am fine with awarding a standout player with a special honorary number, just don't call it a tradition.

Almost every single tradition is initially premeditated. Dickey premeditated running through the T, he put the T on the helmet too. The Iowa Wave was an idea from a woman that caught on and that is a wonderful tradition now that makes a difference for young children. Checker Neyland was a fan idea. Smokey was chosen in a student body contest.

I like the idea. Al Wilson was on a different level. It's not about his play as much as it was about him as a man and leader. What he meant to the team. If the players buy into that ideology and the player embraces the role expected by doning #27 it could potentially be beneficial. I bet Al would be willing to provide some mentorship as well. Then each player could be a mentor to the next #27, create a lineage of strong leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyinOrange
Word.
Defenders only?

Yes! Al was a defense player. Maybe for offense use the number of one of these guys: Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Cobb, Webb, and Little Man Stewart. This new tradition idea might even motivate a player to play like or die trying the legend whose number he's sporting. However, yes again, make the number associated with the squad the legend played on.

How about .... Throwing popcorn in the air EVERY time we score ... this weekend against OLE MISS????
We can get some of that ORANGE Popcorn (here: Orange Popcorn - Gallon Bag - Walmart.com ) and mix it with the regular stuff, a drink cup and bam ... tossing that into the air would be so much fun ... on account of Lane's remarks (two weeks in a row even).

The clean up would be awful, and it would be in everybody's hair ....

I wonder how long it would take popcorn from the upper deck to reach the ground???

I wonder if it would look like a snow storm falling to the ground?

Frankly, I do not know where any of that came from ... I guess it is the over exuberance of two wins in a row!!!!

Reactions: NEwhere

VN Store

Back