What do you drive? With pics! (No newds)

We just traded my wife's Corolla for a new 2022 Camry and every time the ignition is started the car yells at us with a message similar to, "Communication Module Activation Failed". After some googlin, it looks like it's due to a feature only available in 2019 or newer models and only the dealer can resolve. We took it to our local dealership, but they were hesitant to look at the car because we didn't buy it there -- which is ridiculous. So we made an appointment for next Friday at the dealer where we purchased the car (which is an hour away). Just hoping one of you fuggers might have an idea of how to resolve without sitting through a 3 hour service appointment at the dealer...

We just traded my wife's Corolla for a new 2022 Camry and every time the ignition is started the car yells at us with a message similar to, "Communication Module Activation Failed". After some googlin, it looks like it's due to a feature only available in 2019 or newer models and only the dealer can resolve. We took it to our local dealership, but they were hesitant to look at the car because we didn't buy it there -- which is ridiculous. So we made an appointment for next Friday at the dealer where we purchased the car (which is an hour away). Just hoping one of you fuggers might have an idea of how to resolve without sitting through a 3 hour service appointment at the dealer...
Joes the car man in the zone

Reactions: Souce
Unplug it then plug it back in fugger.

I have a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid and have not experienced that issue.

Tell it to STFU.

Replace the oil with chocolate milk. When it stops running take it back and tell them you haven’t touched it and that’s how it came from the dealership. Hold your right arm to the square and swear you didnt pour chocolate in your car. Bam! New car. No more computer problems.

VN Store

Back