What do you consider to be the best football movie?

I'll go with Friday Night Lights on this one. Yet another case where the book is superior to the movie, but I feel like the film did a decent job capturing the overall spirit and message. Author went to spend a year following Permian and how high school football intertwines with rural America, and instead came out with a tale of small town tragedy.

As a romantic tale of the working class underdog, Rudy is tops.

That aside, North Dallas Forty and The Longest Yard (Burt Reynolds as Paul Crewe) come closest to portraying the game's on-field and off-field violence.

I'll go with Friday Night Lights on this one. Yet another case where the book is superior to the movie, but I feel like the film did a decent job capturing the overall spirit and message. Author went to spend a year following Permian and how high school football intertwines with rural America, and instead came out with a tale of small town tragedy.

Agree, the book is awesome. Read it a couple years before the movie came out. Would like to read it again sometime.

If you consider The 5th Quarter as a football movie then that would be my choice.

VN Store

Back