What did you have for dinner II?

Dinner at Cooper’s Hawk in Tampa
Appetizer:Crispy brussels sprouts Cashews, Mint, Sweet Thai Chili, Sesame-Sriracha Aioli
Dinner: roasted chicken risotto
Sweet Corn, Peas, Shiitake Mushrooms, Roasted Peppers, Spinach, Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, Stracciatella, Pesto Oil, Candied Bacon
So good, you ate it twice? 🤪

—VN has been dragging in the last hour or so.

My go-to breakfast for weight loss:
Spinach and mushroom omelet
Slice of whole grain toast with almond butter spread
Whey protein isolate shake (Gold Standard brand)
Cup of black coffee

Macros:
660 calories
25g carbs
36g fat
60g protein

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 egg white
100g mushrooms
50g spinach
28g shredded cheese
1 Tsp of red wine vinegar
1 tsp of butter
1 tsp olive oil
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 slice of Ezekial sprouted bread
1 tbsp of almond butter

Instructions:
Mix protein powder with 8-10 oz. of water
Stir/shake and let it continue to dissolve while you cook
Whisk together eggs & egg white
Heat nonstick pan on medium
Add olive oil to pan, let sit for 1-2 min.
Add mushrooms to pan & cook stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly brown
Add spinach to pan and cook 1-2 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted
Add salt & pepper and continue to cook for 30-60 seconds
Add red wine vinegar and cook until reduced (1-2 minutes)
Take mushrooms & spinach out of the pan and put in a bowl
Add butter and swirl it all around the pan for a nice, even coat until melted (30-60 seconds)
Add eggs, and immediately add cheese
Scramble & mix slightly for 30-60 seconds, then lay eggs flat and evenly throughout pan
*Heat bread in toaster at this point*
Put mushrooms & spinach back in the pan on top of one half side of the eggs
Fold the other side of the eggs on top of the mushrooms and spinach
Cook folded omelet for 1-2 minutes per side, until desired doneness
Place eggs & toast on plate
Add hot sauce to eggs if desired
Spread almond butter on toast
Poor coffee and enjoy!

Notes:
1) This is the breakfast I used 3-4 times per week to help me lose 70+ pounds over the last 18 months.
2) Sometimes, if I was planning on having a big dinner, I would skip the toast and almond butter, as those are pretty high in calories.
3) You can also use only 4 egg whites if you want to reduce the calories even further.
4) If I knew I would be having a light lunch or dinner, I would sometimes add 2 slices of turkey bacon (adds 90 calories).
5) I like the consistency of 2 eggs and 1 egg white, but you can do it however you like. This recipe works just as well with 3 eggs alone or 4 egg whites alone.
6) If you like your coffee with cream, pouring a bit of the protein shake into the coffee tastes pretty good, especially if it’s vanilla flavored.
7) I’m terrible at folding & flipping omelets. Most of the time, I just scramble it all up. It tastes just the same.
8) If I’m not in the mood for almond butter, I sometimes put butter & jelly on the slice of toast. It reduces the calories a bit, and is nice if you want a bit more sweetness.
9) You can also reduce the cheese by half if you want to restrict the calories even further. It tastes pretty much the same.
10) If you don’t like spinach, you can replace it with 1/2 a cup of finely chopped bell peppers.

Last edited:
Nachos. Used taco soup from freezer, sharp cheddar, onions, and jalapenos. Topped with lettuce, guac salsa, and sour cream. In the words of Steven Tyler:

Well she ate it
Lordy it was love at first bite
Well she ate it
Never knowin' wrong from right right right

View attachment 467757View attachment 467758
Was gonna give you a like until you said sour cream & guac

Reactions: Juanita

VN Store

Back