What did you have for dinner II?

Had to go inside the Perimeter today. Decided to dine at the Food Terminal- a Malaysian place. Had crispy fried pigs ear, bacon wrapped scallop skewers, 6-hour braised beef with house made noodles, baby bok choy & sprouts. Wife shared the apps and had Grandma's BBQ pork belly in a similar noodle bowl.

Cold as a wizz here, storm dumped 6" of snow... so I whipped up a big pot of Chili. Been experimenting with adding various type of paprika... smoked, sweet, and Hungarian, these really change the flavor profile and I am starting to think it is a good thing.

Share a recipe if you can. Thanks
Here is the basics I go with for a yuge pot.

1) 6 lbs 80/20 hamburger meat.
2) 2 onions diced
3) several cloves of fresh garlic, crushed, diced., salt and pepper... all this is cooked until meat is fully browned.
4) Then I add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes to the pans (I use 2 fry pans to prep meat)... and then start adding just a small amount of the good stuff to the meat and let simmer (cumen, paprika- 3 types, chili powder).
5) Transfer to yuge pot... and added kidney beans, various tomato types (sauce, crushed, diced, whole... I stick with Italian brands)
6) Finish adding all the seasonings... I like to sneak up on it... add and let simmer, taste and add until I am in the zone I like. I let it simmer for 2-3 hours and then dig in.

That's pretty much it...

LOL. You gave a dudes version!!:eek: How bout "how much" for the spices, beans, tomato types & anything else. Thanks again

You showed us how to put the key in the ignition. Now show us how to take it outta park & let's go for a spin
LOL... Wax on, wax off, now get behind the wheel grasshopper, you can do it!

We ate at a local buffet after church today, and grabbed Marcos after church tonight.

VN Store

Back